LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 257 users in the forums

Should we cool it with the big jumbo formations ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Heck no. I want to see 9 lineman on the field with Gore and Hunter running the Wildcat!
  • dj43
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Heck no. I want to see 9 lineman on the field with Gore and Hunter running the Wildcat!

They did line up in the wildcat on one play yesterday. It went nowhere but I'll bet it was in there just to give Brother John something to game plan for.
Execution is key
  • Jiks
Originally posted by dj43:

They did line up in the wildcat on one play yesterday. It went nowhere but I'll bet it was in there just to give Brother John something to game plan for.

Actually it led to a false start if I'm not mistaken.
  • dj43
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by dj43:

Actually it led to a false start if I'm not mistaken.

You may be right. I haven't had time to re-watch the game. I just remember saying, "Whoa," and then seeing nothing memorable.

I imagine John has thrown in a couple of wrinkles for Jim to skull over as well.
Still, it would be beastly to come out in this formation and with gore in shotgun, run right and (in the tone of Chris Berman), WHOOOOP!, reverse to Hunter with Walker, Staley and Snyder pounding the lbs and safeties
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
We can do anything out of the jumbo formation: run, pass, bootleg, you name it. Just when defenses think we're going to ram Gore up the middle -- Alex can hit a jump pass to Vernon. The Jumbo keeps other teams guessing.

Especially when our jumbo guys can catch also.
if the cards were ready for it they wouldve stopped us from having 45 minutes on offense
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by lamontb:
It's all about execution. It isn't a mystery anymore. All teams have the tape on it. The Cards just beat the Niners guys at the point of attack. That doesn't mean you scrap it, but maybe run some play action off of it or add a wrinkle to the formation.

I'm sure they're setting up for that but had no use in wasting it on AZ. With the TOs and field position we seriously could have taken a knee every possession and kicked enough FGs to win this game.
True. I see a big play coming out of this formation on Thursday.
No, I think it softens them up on defense even at minimal gain. We can also pass out of that formation so there's options with that formation.

I hate them. They do not work. Seems as if we get stuffed for no gain or a loss of yards on 70% of those formations.
girls seem to want jumbo packages
Lol
My Jumbo Package always works fine.
Share 49ersWebzone