LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 211 users in the forums

Do you now have confidence in Alex Smith to win a playoff game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you now have confidence in Alex Smith to win a playoff game?

• THEB
  • Veteran
If anyone had any doubt that alex will return next year as our starter, you miht want to throw that idea right the f**k out the window. Alex is becoming elite.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
double post, sorry.
[ Edited by THEB on Nov 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM ]
I think this was one of Alex's best game...even with the INT (tip). A couple more games like this, and the 49ers might actually win a SB with him!

This game actually beats out the Lion's win.
I have always been a Alex Smith fan. SO get off the wagon you haters
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Starting to think he can.

Let go of your hate, I can feel the good in you...
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Yes Sir!!

that picture didnt hold any merit to me in the past but now it does more than ever!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Starting to think he can.

Let go of your hate, I can feel the good in you...

Star Wars reference... pure gold.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Yes Sir!!

that picture didnt hold any merit to me in the past but now it does more than ever!

this is what Harbaugh said on Friday:

Harbaugh is also impressed with Alex Smith, who is having his best season since being drafted first overall in 2005. His 97.3 passer rating and 64.1 completion percentage are career highs, while he's tossed 10 touchdown passes and just two interceptions.

"He's every bit the elite quarterback as there is playing in the game right now," Harbaugh said. "It's a whole body of work. There's evidence … really however you want to pick his performance apart. He's playing at a very high level."

Harbaugh may point to Smith's impressive success late in games, as he leads the NFL with a 131.0 rating in the final two minutes, and is at 106.7 for the fourth quarter.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview?gid=20111113025
Yep
Until today I would say no. After today, I feel pretty good about our chances to win any given Sunday VS any given opponent

It seems every week a big touchdown is dropped which makes games seem more close than they really are.Once the receivers(vernon ,ginn) really start catching the ball in the clutch we will be out of control. Playoffs no problemo. Alex will continue to do everything that is asked of him
Look. Me and a homie always thought Alex was the problem. But just both agreed, it was coaching that was the problem. What positive strides Alex has shown in this offense. This win against this team, leads me to believe that our team is back! Our defense is money when it matters, and our offense can put up points if the other teams blinks. We can win if we want it bad enough!!!!!!!!!! We jus!t gotta stay hungry!!!! We just gota want it!!!!!!!

end rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but not the WRs so much.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VA49er:
I wanted to vote no because I had confidence already. Good game today. If Ginn doesn't let him down in the second quarter it probably looks even better. Still some work to be done with Braylon too.

The thing is as chemistry develops with all the receivers, it's going to even better. I saw plenty of anticipation throws from him in the first half today. Anticipation throws mean success for any quarterback. Lately I never anticipate an interception throw from Smith. Error free play from an NFL QB is very underrated till it comes back to bite a team.
Share 49ersWebzone