There are 140 users in the forums

Crabtree and Alex needing chemistry...and there's only one person to blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by gamechanger:

Damn Crabtree, layout for that sh!t. Our WRs need to put their bodies on the line when going for balls in the endzone!

He doesnt have to lay out for that. He just needed to Close his hand a lil bit soon. Let it go please.

Tough grab
I blame susweel
He doesnt have to lay out for that. He just needed to Close his hand a lil bit soon. Let it go please.

Pretty tough for Crabtree on that one. He was using his hands to fight off the defender a split second before he had to extend his hands to try to catch a leading ball. Catchable but real difficult in his situation. Oh well next time

Damn Crabtree, layout for that sh!t. Our WRs need to put their bodies on the line when going for balls in the endzone!

Let it go, like Crabtree did? All this hate on Alex after we win a game ever since the season started. I just can't stand how our WRs drop passes that other WRs are making routinely throughout the league. Ginn drops an easy one that goes for an INT. I'll let it go once these guys stop letting it go and catch the DAMN ball!
Crabs was in position to make the catch and the placement of the ball by Alex was good because it gave Crabs a chance and not the DB. With that said, it was a pretty hard damn catch. Not a routine one. I'm sure Crabs can make that six out of ten times. No biggie. We won the game and Crabs is playing good this year. Also, he hasn't had any "diva" moments this year. Lets get over this guys.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Crabs was in position to make the catch and the placement of the ball by Alex was good because it gave Crabs a chance and not the DB. With that said, it was a pretty hard damn catch. Not a routine one. I'm sure Crabs can make that six out of ten times. No biggie. We won the game and Crabs is playing good this year. Also, he hasn't had any "diva" moments this year. Lets get over this guys.

Yeah but there are WRs in this league making that type of catch routinely. I've yet to see one of ours do it.
[ Edited by gamechanger on Nov 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM ]
Does anyone else feel like these guys will eventually click and when they do it'll be something awesome ?
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Does anyone else feel like these guys will eventually click and when they do it'll be something awesome ?

Today would've been awesome.
Say what you will, "Tree" is playing with more passion and desire this yr. I used to call him craps because of his holdout, his no practice policy, his half hearted tries on catches. Then maybe 3-4 games ago, he came out, snagged 3 or 4 that were 3 or 4 feet over his head and it looked like a guy who had suddenly got religion, and also, it looked like he really wanted to play. Now he just needs to take the time one on one to establish more rapport with alex, but still, he did well today. We had two passes today where the receiver was looking upfield as to where to run, and i think Ginn may have had them both. I know he had one, but someone else did that too. Just too eager to know where to run to.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Today would've been awesome.

Yes and it would.

gamechanger, I understand your frustration because I share your view. They have the talent, I think and hope, but haven't been able to mature yet--though by the playoffs? Maybe!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM ]

• dj43
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Say what you will, "Tree" is playing with more passion and desire this yr. I used to call him craps because of his holdout, his no practice policy, his half hearted tries on catches. Then maybe 3-4 games ago, he came out, snagged 3 or 4 that were 3 or 4 feet over his head and it looked like a guy who had suddenly got religion, and also, it looked like he really wanted to play. Now he just needs to take the time one on one to establish more rapport with alex, but still, he did well today. We had two passes today where the receiver was looking upfield as to where to run, and i think Ginn may have had them both. I know he had one, but someone else did that too. Just too eager to know where to run to.

Crabtree had one early in the game where he was going straight up field and the ball went right by him before he turned to look for it. It appeared to be a catchable ball according to Aikman, but you have to be looking for the ball.

There was another pass on a sideline route where the defender easily out jumped Crabtree to knock the pass down. MC was known for his leaping ability in college but he barely got off the ground on that play.

This is still a matter of time together and timing on the routes. This was the first game where the 49ers really threw the ball around a lot. It isn't an acceptable excuse because you are still supposed to be looking for the ball and make some tough catches, but they just haven't thrown the ball enough to get it "game ready."

Edwards also looked very rusty today. On a couple of plays he looked like he was running at 3/4 speed. His knee must still be bothering him. The one slant route down near the goal line was well thrown by Edwards backed off on his route because he saw the safety coming across. If he had run the route the way he it is drawn up, it was a touchdown. That drive resulted in a field goal.

The good news is; when these guys do get the practice time together, this offense is going to be even better.
When play off time comes, crabs will be ready

Let it go, like Crabtree did? All this hate on Alex after we win a game ever since the season started. I just can't stand how our WRs drop passes that other WRs are making routinely throughout the league. Ginn drops an easy one that goes for an INT. I'll let it go once these guys stop letting it go and catch the DAMN ball!

I agree. Yes that was not a "routine" ball, but these are professional receivers who should make that type of catch. Hard yes, but not that hard. Giants receivers made similarly hard catches in this very game. That one to Crabtree was eminently catchable. He wants TD's so bad? Well, that one was totally on him.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I agree. Yes that was not a "routine" ball, but these are professional receivers who should make that type of catch. Hard yes, but not that hard. Giants receivers made similarly hard catches in this very game. That one to Crabtree was eminently catchable. He wants TD's so bad? Well, that one was totally on him.

The Giants recievers dropped far more easy catches all throughout the game.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The Giants recievers dropped far more easy catches all throughout the game.

Ginn was the only drop that really bothered me because it could have been a game changer and it hit him in the face. Embarrassing! Crabtree should have caught the ball and he knows it, but at least he was twisting his body and it wasn't a super easy grab...still :(

Eli should be ticked at his receivers as he lost a TD as well. Wouldn't say those catches were easier than Ginn's though.
Share 49ersWebzone