LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 469 users in the forums

"100 yard rusher"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Out of the three teams you listed, the team that I respect the most is the Ravens. I think Ray Rice is far and above the best rusher out of those teams listed.

I'm of a similar mind, I'm really looking forward to that game.

Additionally, I wouldn't look past the Skins. Although their O-Line is pretty banged up at the moment, Ryan Torain can be awfully good on one of his good days. Moreover, there's every chance that in two weeks the Skins will be in full on Singletary mode. Could be an interesting and brutal game.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Out of the three teams you listed, the team that I respect the most is the Ravens. I think Ray Rice is far and above the best rusher out of those teams listed.

Additionally, I wouldn't look past the Skins. Although their O-Line is pretty banged up at the moment, Ryan Torain can be awfully good on one of his good days. Moreover, there's every chance that in two weeks the Skins will be in full on Singletary mode. Could be an interesting and brutal game.

Willis n co will be calling their plays before the snap? Lol
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Willis n co will be calling their plays before the snap? Lol

That actually made me laugh out loud :)
  • cools
  • Veteran
Ray Rice is the only one that may have a chance
Originally posted by kdogg:
Honestly, it's a secondary goal. I'd much rather give up 100 yds rushing but win any day.

a competent team usually wins when they can stop one facet of the game. make a team one dimensional and you have a better shot, the problem is our coaches before this year were to incompetent to take advantage of it, harbaugh has pretty much made it his b***h so far
Originally posted by valrod33:
The Giants, Ravens and Steelers games will be real tough tests for our run defense

Well, although the Ravens and the Steelers have good rushing offenses, they are just above average in rushing yards per game . Ravens are ranked #12 and the Steelers are ranked #11. The Ravens will certainly move up after their game this weekend since they were on a bye and their stats are skewed because of that. The Giants are ranked #26 so I am not fearful of their rushing attack.

However, the 49ers have faced the #1 rushing offense in the league already (Eagles), and the #15 (Buccs) and held them both in check.

Here are the RBs that we face the rest of the year: Hillis/Hardesty, Torrain/Hightower, Bradshaw, Wells (x2), Jackson (x2), Lynch, Rice and Mendenhall. Of those, I would say Rice would likely be the best candidate to do it, but I feel that in the brotherly love battle, JH would rather cut off his right hand than have his brother break our streak. That said, I will say it will be the one who is able to break off a long one (50-60 yards) in one shot, and Mendenhall or Bradshaw are the only two realistically capable of that.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
omg that like 2 and half seasons damn insane
Originally posted by 49erfaninNY:
if found this article on espn.com from 2009.. it shows the streaks teams had without 100 yard rushers

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/9807/vikings-overtake-ravens-rush-defense

Games Teams Years
46 Baltimore Ravens 1998-2001
39 Baltimore Ravens 2006-2009
39 Philadelphia Eagles 1990-1992
34 San Diego Chargers 1993-1995
30 Pittsburgh Steelers 2005-2007

funny the "STEEL CURTAIN" or any of the earlier defenses didn't hold a record..
I don't think we'll give up a 100 yards or a touchdown all season
Originally posted by 49erfaninNY:
if found this article on espn.com from 2009.. it shows the streaks teams had without 100 yard rushers

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/9807/vikings-overtake-ravens-rush-defense

Games Teams Years
46 Baltimore Ravens 1998-2001
39 Baltimore Ravens 2006-2009
39 Philadelphia Eagles 1990-1992
34 San Diego Chargers 1993-1995
30 Pittsburgh Steelers 2005-2007

these defenses are more impressive considering teams ran the ball more back then

• 4ML
  • Veteran
It's going to be tough for any player to rush 100 yards on us as long as our front 7 is healthy. We have sure tacklers at every level, we have great speed at DL and LB, and we have players who take good angles. We have a perfect run defense, without any weakness. You can't out-muscle our team, you can't out run them, and you can't out-smart them.

If our offense can string some drives together early in the game, then

At least as long as our front 7 is together.
Share 49ersWebzone