LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 169 users in the forums

Harbaugh Handshake with Jim Schwartz

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by VA49er:
You know what the best part of this is. Instead of teams seeing any film or highlights of the game or there being any talk about how god we are or might be...they are just talking about this handshake. One more week of no respect=one more week of staying hungry.

I'm sure other teams have more then just ESPN and NFL network highlights to gameplan against us.
Good Point, Low profile is ok
Too bad it had to happen. The game will be forgotton which is too bad as this game was a turning point game for the Niners. This game will be now knowen for the handshake then for the game. Harbaugh keep it up you are doing just fine and dont worry about the crybaby in Detroit.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Too bad it had to happen. The game will be forgotton which is too bad as this game was a turning point game for the Niners. This game will be now knowen for the handshake then for the game. Harbaugh keep it up you are doing just fine and dont worry about the crybaby in Detroit.

No. It is good that it happened. It gives Harbaugh another reason to get the "us against the world" message across to the team. He can say the media still doesn't believe in the team because they would rather cover this crap than our players.
Love Harbaugh,. and guys , we are back in the spolight. That is why this is national news. So what if media is not giving the game, frank gore, Crabtree and our awesome defense credit. They will soon enough.
Remember Singletary completely missed the post game handshake with Smith of the falcons last year after that lose, and no one talked about it since we were like 0-4 at that point.
I love it, we used to be hated by everyone when we were winners. Thats why teams beat us down so bad when we sucked, because they still hated us. We are almost back, keep the hate coming harbaugh.
Everyone from NFL.com to radio shows on KNBR are talking about the "Handshake" and how it was "classless" what crap! This is the NFL!!! Not freakin some Youth football league for 10yr olds...!
Originally posted by angelv05:
I'm sure other teams have more then just ESPN and NFL network highlights to gameplan against us.

Obviously. But I think there is something too a team having a buzz and the way you approach the game. I think we came into the game and you watch your tape on the team and you have everyone telling you that the lions are going to win and maybe you don't take your prep as seriously because these games are abbaritions. I think the Lions were SHOCKED to lose that game. I think everyone was shocked we won. At some level I think the perception of the team you are playing effects how you prepare. Case in point, I'll always remember our own team going into St. Louis during Warner's crazy year, despite all the film, despite all the hype we had guys yelling, "Same old rams...Same old sorry ass rams." and then the mighty niners went down to the greatest show on turf. Teams look ahead sometimes, or they believe in what they are doing too much. The question for me is do you look at that film and prepare to beat the team you see? or do you just assume that you will be able to dictate what you are going ot do. The Bucs fell in that trap. The Lions thought they would get after Alex and stop our run game. Didn't happen.

But of course you are right about teams not preparing off of highlights. But I think the highlights and the media and "perception" affect the time and effort and focus you put into the actual filmwork, study, and planning.
Its a bit sad that the "Media" is more focused on the "Handshake" then on the 49ers beating a Undefeated team. And that this is their best record since 98' since FREAKING 1998!!
Good question came into knbr. Would the handshake have gone down like that if it was Mike Singletary as the other HC coming to shake Jim's hand?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Good question came into knbr. Would the handshake have gone down like that if it was Mike Singletary as the other HC coming to shake Jim's hand?

Sing wouldnt have shook his hand

"New Era of 49ers football has arrived!"
Originally posted by cris_sonic:

"New Era of 49ers football has arrived!"

This just in!!!
http://imageshack.us/f/402/detroitfight.jpg/
[ Edited by hbomber040 on Oct 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Singletary would have wrapped up schwartz and tackled him to the ground, if he approached him like that. He's lucky sing wasnt here, he is also lucky that Harbaugh didnt feel like he needed to waste his time to stop and kicks schwartzs ass.
Share 49ersWebzone