LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 159 users in the forums

Who would you rather have, Willis or Megatron ??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you rather have, Willis or Megatron ??

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Watching Chronicle live last night and they posted this question

Who would your rather have on your team, Willis or Megatron ?

Ratto and Brain Murphy picked Willis and Inman picked Megatron. This is a hard choice for me because I think Willis is the best in the game at MLB and maybe overall defender. But I think I would go with Megatron because dude is money in the end zone, all you basically gotta do is throw the ball up and he is gonna come down with it. Scoring TDs is the name of the game.
Ratto also picked Smith over Romo, which was pretty surprising.

But i'd take Willis over Megatron
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Oct 13, 2011 at 11:42 AM ]
Hard Choice. Megatron is a beast but I agree with Cris Carter in that he really isnt a good route runner, its pretty much throw it up and let him go get it but he does that really really well.

Im going homer and taking Willis.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
I'd go with Willis and im not being biased.
Megatron, he is a game changer.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Bowman
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
WILLIS
Despite his insane numbers this year, you could argue that Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald is better than Megatron. You could even argue, based on numbers, that Wes Welker is better. And there's another handful of guys like Dwayne Bowe or Steve Smith that are putting up crazy numbers, or who have great talent comparable to Calvin Johnson.

The only player that you could argue is better at his position than Willis is Ray Lewis, a sure-fire, first ballot Hall of Famer. And even that, right now, is debatable.

Give me Willis, he is a rarer talent.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Despite his insane numbers this year, you could argue that Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald is better than Megatron. You could even argue, based on numbers, that Wes Welker is better. And there's another handful of guys like Dwayne Bowe or Steve Smith that are putting up crazy numbers, or who have great talent comparable to Calvin Johnson.

The only player that you could argue is better at his position than Willis is Ray Lewis, a sure-fire, first ballot Hall of Famer. And even that, right now, is debatable.

I'd argue that Fitz used to be better, I think its the megatron show now, for the next few years. Same thing with andre johnson, isnt that dude hurt for like 4 games a year at minimum?
I think the answer is Megatron for the reasons you touched on. Consider that both were drafted fairly high and both have fulfilled their draft position. An unstoppable franchise WR is worth a #1 or #2 pick, while an All Pro MLB probably doesn't go until the 5-10 range (Willis was a bit of a steal at #11, of course).

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I'd argue that Fitz used to be better, I think its the megatron show now, for the next few years. Same thing with andre johnson, isnt that dude hurt for like 4 games a year at minimum?

Also Megatron is 6'5 and can jump out of the stadium. He can make most QBs look good. Wes Walker is good but Brady is the one that actually makes him what he is. Also he is not really much of a threat in the end zone.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I think Calvin is the best receiver in football this year, though Welker is on pace to shatter a ton of records. But you could make the argument for those other guys, is all I'm saying. Calvin seems to be hitting his stride and a healthy Stafford is doing for him what Warner did for Fitzgerald. Great player.

But Willis is so great that when he goes out and makes 22 tackles people wonder why he doesn't make more big plays.
Tom Brady won multiple championships with no big time WRs while Ted Bruschi was on D. And yet Pats couldn't win another without Ted Bruschi, even with Randy Moss on offense.

things that make you go...hmmmm....defense does win championships!

I actually disagree Willis is the rarer talent. Consider this: You just listed five other talented WRs, yet Calvin is (1) taller than all of them, (2) heavier than all of them, (3) a better leaper than all of them, and (4) probably faster than all of them too.

(I'm not sure on the last one; did Steve Smith run low 4.3s back in the day?)
neither, they both suck and they both need to be cut right away
Share 49ersWebzone