There are 205 users in the forums

Very quietly::

Shop Find 49ers gear online
there are a couple of other guys who intrigue me besides all those mentioned. Dontarius Bogan and Holcombe. I recall both Culliver and Nelms did very well at defending one on one. We have a hell of a roster. With Bynum and Tukuafu returning next year,not many slots left.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlexSmithNWessonOil:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I pretty much liked every pick except the Kaepernick pick.

Dude his clipboard skills are insane. Don't hate.

His hand off in the Eagles game was epic. I see that as a set up play. Look for us to throw with Kap in next time.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
nope. what a waste of a pick

Don't be too sad about draftees not making the team, as it will be increasingly difficult as the talent level improves. 5th rounder after all.
You can't judge a draft class until 3 years afterwords. Good or bad...
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by verb1der:
It's all starting to make sense, a majority of Baalke's picks, his decision on the perfect coach, and how it all sets everything up for the emergence of Alex Smith.

Please explain what you find so amusing? If its the fact that fly15 alluded to "the emergence of Alex Smith" then I would be really careful what I was laughing at if I were you. Otherwise come seasons end you are going to feel like a horses a$$

Fly only does one thing here: Trolls threads to post negative comments about Alex Smith. He's on the Mod staff's radar.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by redrathman:
It's all starting to make sense, a majority of Baalke's picks, his decision on the perfect coach, and how it all sets everything up for the emergence of Alex Smith.

LOL @ thinking Baalke made the decision on Harbaugh. That was more likely Jed York's decision.

Quote:

Baalke had interviewed extensively on Saturday with team president Jed York, who has said he would let the general manager pick the team's next coach.

"Trent has done an exceptional job in his role as vice president of player personnel and throughout his tenure with the 49ers," York said in a statement. "I have had the benefit of watching Trent closely in the recent months and have been very impressed with his knowledge and leadership. I am confident that Trent will find the 49ers an excellent head coach who will lead us to great success in the coming years."

49ers promote Trent Baalke to GM

But keep thinking that if it lets you sleep at night.

It's funny how you're not supposed to believe everything you're fed - unless it helps YOU sleep at night, that is.

Remember when they said we would not be players in free agency, then turned around and pursued the biggest, most expensive guy available?

But yeah, keep telling yourself that it's ME that needs to tell myself things to sleep at night.

By the way, I work graveyard, so I don't sleep at night. LOL
No proof just speculation on your part. Were you there. Didn't think so. Just your opinion at least red provided a some form of quality info.
It's funny how you're not supposed to believe everything you're fed - unless it helps YOU sleep at night, that is.

Remember when they said we would not be players in free agency, then turned around and pursued the biggest, most expensive guy available?

But yeah, keep telling yourself that it's ME that needs to tell myself things to sleep at night.

By the way, I work graveyard, so I don't sleep at night. LOL

Towaht extent did they pursue Aso? Was there even a visit?
True. JH has shown to be the perfect choice for HC; the emergence of Alex Smith proves that. How many here at the webzone thought that AS would be doing even half as good as he has been doing? Most comments were that we were doomed if we went into this season with AS as our starter, it was mainly Kap will be starting by week 5... . The pieces are being brought in by Baalke and right now, I think that he has done a good job of it. 100%, no, but getting us going in the right direction for a change.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
nope. what a waste of a pick

Don't be too sad about draftees not making the team, as it will be increasingly difficult as the talent level improves. 5th rounder after all.

Thought he was a 6th
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Thought he was a 6th

You are correct! Was viewing an inaccurate website.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by fly15:

Please explain what you find so amusing? If its the fact that fly15 alluded to "the emergence of Alex Smith" then I would be really careful what I was laughing at if I were you. Otherwise come seasons end you are going to feel like a horses a$$

Fly only does one thing here: Trolls threads to post negative comments about Alex Smith. He's on the Mod staff's radar.

We call that a bogey on your radar, you have permission to fire.
And after this game even better!!
Very quietly, the last three drafts suddenly look very formidable.

Folks -- Harbaugh just has this team playing at a level that I don't think many of us expected this quickly.

We all had hopes and dreams that he would be the man to turn it around, but I thought this was a process that would take years, not weeks.
Things look good in SF! The drought almost feels worth it now!!!
I like it that A. Smith is being brought along slowly but he is starting to payoff with sacks and pressures. Hunter is playing a vital role in our offense as is Miller, both great picks. Harbaugh is starting to get Kap some plays and brought him in for a quarter, very smart and very telling to the rest of the team " I will develop all of our players." I think Culliver is starting to blossom as well and we get backfield speed out of him. Then we hopefully will get our olinemen some time as well. Then Williams and Dobbs is great as well. Getting them all playing time, experience, and coaching. Fabulous game.
Share 49ersWebzone