LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 305 users in the forums

If we win next week @Philly, would you consider us legit contenders?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we win next week @Philly, would you consider us legit contenders?

57% say no. They need more convincing. Even if we do win.

I guess it's going to take time.
Still to early to tell...

We can beat the eagles tho if we dont kill ourselves, We are good enough to be 3-0 with the 32nd ranked O.
Once we get the offense in the top 15 ..then maybe we will be ready for a run at the playoffs ...we have a long way to go, but at least we got 2 ugly wins, good teams win ugly games, that is a good sign IMO
Originally posted by billbird2111:
57% say no. They need more convincing. Even if we do win.

I guess it's going to take time.

It's because we've all see the mid-season breakdown that has become a tradition since 2003. Winning this weekend only gets us to the end of the 1st quarter of the season. Lets see the team go at least .500 through October and November. Then I will believe.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It's because we've all see the mid-season breakdown that has become a tradition since 2003. Winning this weekend only gets us to the end of the 1st quarter of the season. Lets see the team go at least .500 through October and November. Then I will believe.
haven't we been 3-1 multiple times since 2003.. only to go on like 8 game losing streaks?
I think the Niners have been playing to the level of their opponents and will be competitive against the Beagles. It'll be a close game but they'll have to dig deep down to pull off a win... but that's what real contenders do.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Win this week no, but if they beat Philly convincingly with big O performance, we are talking about putting up some points, big plays from the running and passing game, solid Oline performance... then we can start to talk along those lines.

This team has beaten 2 weak teams with minimal production, still not a contender, not until we see them do what I describe above.
Share 49ersWebzone