There are 206 users in the forums

injury update ? Braylon Edwards, others

Shop Find 49ers gear online

knee surgery
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Sep 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Word to the wise: Don't rely on the GM for an injury prognosis. Baalke is going to spin the injury any way he sees fit.

The use of the phrase "day to day" is nebulous and can mean anything. His unwillingness to discuss the details is what is the red flag. His mention of Crabtree is an attempt to deflect from the subject.

The need for an MRI itself is biggest red flag of all....it is almost a guarantor of some type of ligament damage...the question is usually how much (to what degree) is the damage, and to what ligament. If the player is walking around on their own power, it's a good sign that it isn't an ACL or a PCL (very rare).

Reading between the lines...it's probably a 1st degree sprain of the MCL (most common ligament injury). On average, those injuries don't require surgery, but rest for 2 to 4 weeks.

Nice analysis....I think getting an MRI isnt the worst thing when you see a player walk off the field, but what worried me is that we never heard any results. That's when you know there is some damage, but there is zero reason for the team to specify how much unless it results in being out for the season. I suspect Braylon will be out for two games and will play vs Tampa Bay at home.
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
Originally posted by kray28:
Word to the wise: Don't rely on the GM for an injury prognosis. Baalke is going to spin the injury any way he sees fit.

The use of the phrase "day to day" is nebulous and can mean anything. His unwillingness to discuss the details is what is the red flag. His mention of Crabtree is an attempt to deflect from the subject.

The need for an MRI itself is biggest red flag of all....it is almost a guarantor of some type of ligament damage...the question is usually how much (to what degree) is the damage, and to what ligament. If the player is walking around on their own power, it's a good sign that it isn't an ACL or a PCL (very rare).

Reading between the lines...it's probably a 1st degree sprain of the MCL (most common ligament injury). On average, those injuries don't require surgery, but rest for 2 to 4 weeks.

Nice analysis....I think getting an MRI isnt the worst thing when you see a player walk off the field, but what worried me is that we never heard any results. That's when you know there is some damage, but there is zero reason for the team to specify how much unless it results in being out for the season. I suspect Braylon will be out for two games and will play vs Tampa Bay at home.
Matt Maiocco 2 hours ago
As described to me, this is very similar to the arthroscopic procedure Reggie Smith had during camp. He'll probably miss two or three games.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
OfficialBraylon Braylon Edwards
I love the fan support and I promise I am working hard to get back out there with the squad. I'm pushing for after bye week maybe sooner
UPDATE:

The 49ers offensive line is not injured, but block like they are.
UPDATE #2:

Doctors scoped the entire offensive line and x-rays confirm that they do, in fact, suck.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
UPDATE #2:

Doctors scoped the entire offensive line and x-rays confirm that they do, in fact, suck.

Those doctors are incompetent.

You don't need a scope to determine that, a blind, rabid 3 legged dog tied upside down to a tree would know it if the 49ers game was playing inside the closest house to it.
Just wondering if anyone has seen an update on Braylon?

Just got my internet back on
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Just wondering if anyone has seen an update on Braylon?

Just got my internet back on

After the bye week
Originally posted by valrod33:
After the bye week

second this maybe sooner for detroit but very doubtful. especially sitting at 3-1, theyll take the chance of finishing 3-3 into bye and make sure hes full rested to sweep our division for at least a 9 win season, i predict 11-5 however. ; )

Now we will really need to get our own mis-match into game against Detroit (I yelled "NO! inside my head when I saw how Morgan's ankle got caught in between those two defenders...get well soon, playa!). Any new updates, did he practice with the team for the Bucs game? I guess we can expect some news tomorrow if the team decides to hold a practice session...
Share 49ersWebzone