There are 212 users in the forums

Despite everything I've seen and read, I feel...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Despite everything I've seen and read, I feel...

Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
The OL has made me feel a little less optimistic perhaps but I still like our chances in the NFC WEST. We start with a win at home with Seattle and have our ups and downs early , and then we finish strong in the second half of the season against our divisional opponents. 8-8 or better. I just have a feeling that things have been under wraps and Harbaugh has used the pre-season to evaluate with little emphasis on winning in the PS.

SanDiego49er no freakin way we go 0-16 or anything close to that ....... how many years you been saying that and been wrong man ....... own up.

I don't even think the OL is a reason for pessimism. LT is the same as last year. LG is the same as last year (going from rookie to 2nd year), RG is the same as last year (and he should be way better), RT is the same as last year (going from rookie to 2nd year). If Baas to Goodwin is a downgrade at all, it's certainly not big enough to not be canceled out by the fact that we can pretty much safely say the other 4 starters are the same and 3 of which should almost certainly be better in 2011 than 2010.
If we have a top 10 defense and our oline improves

we can finish with 9-7, 10-6
no way in hell we have a top 10 defense. We will probably sit around the 10-15 range.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:

Are you serious? Top ten D and a winning record. Stop drinking!
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:

EFF all those guys, it's okay to believe! I'm right there with you! better players, better coaches, better season! 9-7 10-6 totally in reach!
hopefully im wrong, but ive been overly optimistic forever and i think this team is making me a cynic so i have a terrible feeling about this year and im hitting the panic button, mostly based on our o-line play throughout the preseason
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we'll be lucky to win 5, yet be unlucky enough to JUST miss out on A.Luck. book it.

Lol hate to be a Negative Nancy, but that's the way things have gone for us for the last 8 years. Wouldnt surprise me one bit.
I feel that we'll go through some growing and transition pains this year. I just look to see development this year and then see more improvement next year and so on. Just enjoy and cheer your team on.
Originally posted by daragon:
I feel that we'll go through some growing and transition pains this year. I just look to see development this year and then see more improvement next year and so on. Just enjoy and cheer your team on.

This
My gut is optimistic but my mind from Harbaugh handling the QB position similar to Nolan/Sing is telling me different.

Originally posted by 190836:

our staring D unit hasnt allowed a single point all preseason yes its preseason so it doesnt matter but thats extremely promising we have a good pass rush a potential shut down corner a SS that czn cover (if reggie smith starts we have a FS that is a playmaker) and an elite run defense

we have full potential to be a top 10 D in the nfl

as of now there is only one thing i am worried about and that is the o line
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

our staring D unit hasnt allowed a single point all preseason yes its preseason so it doesnt matter but thats extremely promising we have a good pass rush a potential shut down corner a SS that czn cover (if reggie smith starts we have a FS that is a playmaker) and an elite run defense

This is a big improvement from last preseason.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

They gave up 10 to HOU...?
Optimistic! I don't sweat the pre-season crap. Look how well we did the last few years in pre-season and how we SUCKED in the regular season - winning meaningless last games. What loser garbage.

It's been a long time since I felt there is a successful plan on the table. Sing had a plan that was doomed at outset - also a VERY stupid plan. Nowin had a plan which to me was the anti-Walsh plan. Like he was jealous that his father was shown up by a better coach in every way, manner and form.

Now, JH is returning to the WCO. It will take time to convert over and most here in the zone have little to zero patience. Tough s--t!

Newsflash - We are NOT, Not, not going to the SBowl this year. We will be a better team than last 3 -4 years and after this season we will be a better team than our last time in the playoffs and the year after that we wil return the Lombardi trophy to where it belongs.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we'll be lucky to win 5, yet be unlucky enough to JUST miss out on A.Luck. book it.

Lol hate to be a Negative Nancy, but that's the way things have gone for us for the last 8 years. Wouldnt surprise me one bit.

yea, it's not even trying to be negative. Just realistic. this scenario is much more believable than a 10+ win season IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone