LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 206 users in the forums

Is Chilo Rachal About to Be Traded?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's been 3 years and he hasn't done anything to improve. If I had been in his position I would have found a retired OG who was a good pass blocker and PAID him to teach me how to pass block and spent 3-4 hours a day in the off seasonon improving my game. This is his j-o-b! This is big money that can make your life easy . Big time work now and retire at 32-34. Are you kidding me? Then you can do whatever your passionate about or sit on the couch and play video games the rest of your life. How many ppl get that opportunity. He is just too damn lazy or dumb to figure that out.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
It's been 3 years and he hasn't done anything to improve. If I had been in his position I would have found a retired OG who was a good pass blocker and PAID him to teach me how to pass block and spent 3-4 hours a day in the off seasonon improving my game. This is his j-o-b! This is big money that can make your life easy . Big time work now and retire at 32-34. Are you kidding me? Then you can do whatever your passionate about or sit on the couch and play video games the rest of your life. How many ppl get that opportunity. He is just too damn lazy or dumb to figure that out.

lots of people on welfare do that, getting by easy on purpose.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Aug 26, 2011 at 5:48 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think he's the most likely OLer to be traded out of Snyder, Wragge, and Rachal (per MB) due to the fact that the other two players are able to play C, G, and T if needed.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 5280High:
He looks noticeably different. Much quicker and faster than in previous years. On run plays he was getting a push and hitting the second level, on pass plays he was in good position. After re-watching both games, it would be a mistake to trade him this year. Now if Davis could just make the same body transition, and mentally.

Thank you for noticing the change.
Let's trade and get rid of this guy!!! He is a bust, Racal (RG), Davis (RT), Alex Smith, all need to go=>
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I'm not excited about Chilo Rachel or Anthony Davis. Both backup material IMO.
I think Anthony Davis still has a possibility of being good but I tend to think if Boone and Person are good enough as well as Hall, I think Harbaugh might go with trading Rachal and Davis for picks. As a new coach he would not want the last coaches garbage weighing him down. Not that they are garbage but he will have his players and not someone elses burden. It might be too much to expect trading Davis yet but Rachal has too many better competitors and Kilgore looks much better then Rachal has over his tenure. They have Wragge, Kilgore, Person (he looks good enough to be listed at tackle but could play guard) Snyder or Goodwin and Hall.Frankly he would grade not much better then the middle of that group. IMO they would do better to trade Rachal and get draft picks. I think the niners have more than a few players whom other teams would covet. The other teams starters may be better but from what I see some reserves look pretty shaky
lets wait till we see him with the rest of the starters in a regular season game. he looked really good in the last game against the raiders D-line and they have a pretty good front 7
Originally posted by thecoine:
Let's trade and get rid of this guy!!! He is a bust, Racal (RG), Davis (RT), Alex Smith, all need to go=>

Yeah right. That Davis, he has had a whole year to prove himself.

When you had lousy coaching and feck all player development, and of a sudden you get an excellent head coach who can develop players and
plan strategy according to their
strengths, don't you think it makes
sense to give him a shot with those early draft picks, the ones who looked best coming out of college.

Some players take time. Off the current roster, check out Vernon Davis.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by thecoine:

Yeah right. That Davis, he has had a whole year to prove himself.

When you had lousy coaching and feck all player development, and of a sudden you get an excellent head coach who can develop players and
plan strategy according to their
strengths, don't you think it makes
sense to give him a shot with those early draft picks, the ones who looked best coming out of college.

Some players take time. Off the current roster, check out Vernon Davis.

and Alex Smith this year!!!

He went from like 340 last year to 305 this year. He lost a lot of weight this offseason dude.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I'm not excited about Chilo Rachel or Anthony Davis. Both backup material IMO.

davis is 21 and was a rookie last year on a bad team. did you expect a probowl? let the kid develop he is a kid playing a mans game right now
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He went from like 340 last year to 305 this year. He lost a lot of weight this offseason dude.

I don't think he was THAT fat. Chilo I believe played around 325.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think Anthony Davis still has a possibility of being good but I tend to think if Boone and Person are good enough as well as Hall, I think Harbaugh might go with trading Rachal and Davis for picks. As a new coach he would not want the last coaches garbage weighing him down. Not that they are garbage but he will have his players and not someone elses burden. It might be too much to expect trading Davis yet but Rachal has too many better competitors and Kilgore looks much better then Rachal has over his tenure. They have Wragge, Kilgore, Person (he looks good enough to be listed at tackle but could play guard) Snyder or Goodwin and Hall.Frankly he would grade not much better then the middle of that group. IMO they would do better to trade Rachal and get draft picks. I think the niners have more than a few players whom other teams would covet. The other teams starters may be better but from what I see some reserves look pretty shaky

If they trade Davis by next year, the Niners org should host an annual "Kick Baalke in the nuts day!" Because 2010 would have been one of the worst drafts ever (Mays/Davis).
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If they trade Davis by next year, the Niners org should host an annual "Kick Baalke in the nuts day!" Because 2010 would have been one of the worst drafts ever (Mays/Davis).

guess u havent seen our 2009 or 2008 draft. lulz
Share 49ersWebzone