There are 230 users in the forums

Welcome Braylon Edwards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Anybody else bothered by his play?

I can't say that I'm not. But I'm willing to chalk it up to a really bad game. It happens.

He's been a decent wide out for us and given today's poor performance, I'm sure he'll get his head re-set by the coaching staff and come out the better for it. I doubt today's relapse into bad Edwards will continue.
  • dj43
Harbaugh said in one of his post-game comments that he "rested" him after the lead grew.

Given the limited playing time and obvious lack of chemistry with Smith, it seems clear that he is not yet healthy enough to play the way we all know he can. If he were fully healthy, I believe JH would keep him in the game just for the work.
Originally posted by dj43:
Harbaugh said in one of his post-game comments that he "rested" him after the lead grew.

Given the limited playing time and obvious lack of chemistry with Smith, it seems clear that he is not yet healthy enough to play the way we all know he can. If he were fully healthy, I believe JH would keep him in the game just for the work.

Thanks for that.

yes
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

yes

+1 He needs to join Spencer on the bench until he has confidence in the knee.

Also, he appears to have jacked his shoulder up a couple of weeks ago. Whenever he ends up on the ground, he kind of holds his left arm against his side and pushes himself up with only his right arm. Anybody else notice this?
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

yes

+1 He needs to join Spencer on the bench until he has confidence in the knee.

Also, he appears to have jacked his shoulder up a couple of weeks ago. Whenever he ends up on the ground, he kind of holds his left arm against his side and pushes himself up with only his right arm. Anybody else notice this?

Yep! I noticed that too and mentioned it elsewhere. Everytime he gets up he holds that arm...not sure whats up

braylon needs to shake hands with Lester Hayes
Braylon has been dropping passes the past two games and before he got injured. He has a reputation for dropping passes. That is one of the reasons as well as the uncertainty about his eligiblity at the begining of the season for being had so cheap.

Thats okay, seems Alex is developing some chemistry with Crab and Williams had a break out game that I hope continues.
I like and dislike this guy. Too many drops and injured too much. But he is big and powerful and pretty fast. So if he can ever stay healthy and catch consistently he'd be a beast. But isn't that what all his past teams said?...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I like and dislike this guy. Too many drops and injured too much. But he is big and powerful and pretty fast. So if he can ever stay healthy and catch consistently he'd be a beast. But isn't that what all his past teams said?...

I was high on this guy and waiting for him to break out until, around... today. He had a great chance to make some plays and simply failed to make them.

So, I'm finally okay with letting him walk if he doesn't show me something. I'm currently more focused on Crabtree and Williams becoming our legit outside weapons heading into the playoffs. But that doesn't mean Edwards can't still break out. I'd just view it as a bonus at this point.
As a friend of mine said. Edwards can only polish Jerry´s shoes, and he´l probaly drop the shoe polish.

It´s a pitty, he´s big and knows how to get open.

I could see us drafting a WR next year.
I think we will be much better if we bring back Morgan as a 3... Crabtree is playing better and can be a solid 2 and let Williams get some work over Ginn and we could have our #4. As for #1 I wouldn't mind bringing back Braylon and he seems like a smart vet who is a team guy but we will see how much it's about the team when we offer him a mediocre contract... will he be looking for top $? If he is then we could use a 1st on a WR. I think I would prefer to have him back.... the whole team has been dropping a ton of balls. Need to hit the jugs machine more... will have extra time this off-season. P.S. I don't think he is fully healthy yet and the injury hurt any chance of production he had so far but I still don't think he will get as big of stats here as he can elsewhere. We spread the ball around and we don't expect our WRs to get 100 yards to win games. If he is a team guy and wants to win he excepts a mediocre contract to stay here; if he wants to get big stats and big money than he can go play for a crap team and be the star.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think we will be much better if we bring back Morgan as a 3... Crabtree is playing better and can be a solid 2 and let Williams get some work over Ginn and we could have our #4. As for #1 I wouldn't mind bringing back Braylon and he seems like a smart vet who is a team guy but we will see how much it's about the team when we offer him a mediocre contract... will he be looking for top $? If he is then we could use a 1st on a WR. I think I would prefer to have him back.... the whole team has been dropping a ton of balls. Need to hit the jugs machine more... will have extra time this offseason.

I think you're selling Crabtree short.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I think you're selling Crabtree short.

Well, a solid to great 2 at WORST. He could be the #1 next year if we don't re-sign Braylon and the rookie could start off at 2 or 3. I have supported him since day one and when people on here said he was faking the injuries. Yeah, a professional medical staff put a boot on the guy who was faking an injury. A lot of people have been unfair to him since day one and it was partly his fault for holding out but the diva thing was blown out of proportion. I think he is actually a pretty quiet guy.

P.S. I hope Williams gets a shot because he can be a 4... Ginn should be dropped down. I think Morgan would have had a breakout year and it goes back to guys like him and Kyle catching the ball at San Jose State with Alex. Morgan would be a great slot guy for us. With Ginn it's weird because he has had a knack for being soft and he has went up the middle and taken some hard shots this year (returning). He can catch a ball with 10 men around him with half of them wanting to knock his head off but he can't catch a ball over the middle. He has the hands or he wouldn't be able to catch every punt/kick... he should have the concentration because it takes a lot of it to catch a punt in traffic.... I don't get it. Still, he was worth a 5th to me. Just waiting for one more TD from him. I knew he would slow down after week 1 though. Guys on here acted like he could do it every week.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone