There are 210 users in the forums

Round 5, #163, the San Francisco 49ers select Daniel Kilgore (G) App. State

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by 1swift:
I know the post that the guy said something about Frank Gire....But I'm lost regarding the "even if Gire" joke here. Can someone fill me in

Was just an incomplete sentence as a thread title.
What the blue hell are you tal
I guarantee ya, unless we move up for David DeCastro, Kilgore will beat out any s**t stop-gap vet we try to bring into camp, this guy is a gem.
Even if Kilgire
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I guarantee ya, unless we move up for David DeCastro, Kilgore will beat out any s**t stop-gap vet we try to bring into camp, this guy is a gem.

My hope is that Kilgore will be ready to plug in at RG after an off season with OTA's while grooming him to take over for Goodwin in 2013. In the mean time we can sign a free agent or two and draft a youngster to groom for RG of the future
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by 1swift:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Just keep Gore away from him.

even if Kilgire?

Gets me every single time. lol

I know the post that the guy said something about Frank Gire....But I'm lost regarding the "even if Gire" joke here. Can someone fill me in

Here ya go:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/157660-peter-wouldnt-surprised-kendall-hunter-gains-yards---even/search=even%20if%20gore
Hopefully Kilgore replacing Snyder will be like Bowman replacing Spikes.
The kid should be able to step in and play. He plays angry, and seemed to do a good job in the preseason. He'll have time to learn on the job, too, since the rest of the line will be in their second year of the system. The rest of the linemen should hold if together, even if Kilgire
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I thought he looked good in preseason. I believe that he will be the starter unless the 49ers draft a guard in round 1.
Kilgore next to Davis, they are going to be some fights on the right side.
Is there any info on this Guy and his off season prep? An earlier poster stated that he'd be better that any off the street FA vet. Can anyone provide a projection of his ability to win the starting RG job?

Also, there has been a lot of speculation that theNiners might target a guard at #30. How does Kilgore rank against players in that range?

Originally posted by Butter:
Is there any info on this Guy and his off season prep? An earlier poster stated that he'd be better that any off the street FA vet. Can anyone provide a projection of his ability to win the starting RG job?

Also, there has been a lot of speculation that theNiners might target a guard at #30. How does Kilgore rank against players in that range?

There is no answer on him right now, lots of speculation on the part of some over zealous people. Would he beat a top 30 pick, probably not. If his talent was that strong he would of leapfrogged Chilo last year and he didn't.
To let Synder go.......they must like Kilgore or Person......someone mentioned Boone at guard. (I doubt if that is going to happen.) We need someone to replace Synder and we still have Chilo, I thought he would be gone for sure.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
To let Synder go.......they must like Kilgore or Person......someone mentioned Boone at guard. (I doubt if that is going to happen.) We need someone to replace Synder and we still have Chilo, I thought he would be gone for sure.

Chilo is gone as well
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Hopefully Kilgore replacing Snyder will be like Bowman replacing Spikes.

Here's to that!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:

Chilo is gone as well

dhilo was gone even when he was with the niners
Share 49ersWebzone