There are 140 users in the forums

Eric Davis is new 49er color analyst, Plummer apparently out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I cant stand Eric Davis' f**king face, punk ass busta

wow a guy who returned a pick 6 in NFC championship game is a "punk ass busta"...

Dont see the connection. Deion picked off a few as well, and he redefines being a punk.

Deion went to the Dark Side and sighed with the Cowboys. And there was that thing with Crabtree and the hold out.

Davis is just bad at calling games....doesn't make him a punk.

its not going to dallas, but davis also kinda went to the darkside signing with div rival carolina and sealed a win in candlestick with a pick of steve young in the 96 season which basically won the div for carolina that year.
I owed it to 49er fans to "tell it like it is". I'll always broadcast that way

Gary Plummer.
this will be interesting if we bring back alex smith. Davis is usually really upfront about what he thinks and doesn't filter it, especially w/ smith...
lets hope he does a better job then those preseason games...
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Plummer let go for being too critical?

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_17787640
[ Edited by 9er2k on Apr 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Davis does the preseason games and he sucks. Doesnt really matter to me anyways, i never hear the 49ers announcers for the games. Always the Fox or CBS guys
Hope Plummer gets picked up by Fox or CBS. Seriously. Im getting tired of J.C. Pearson.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Apr 6, 2011 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
IWAS wont like this

yep.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
IWAS wont like this

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IWAS LIKES!

Quit playin'! It ALWAYS matters what I like.
Loved Eric Davis as a player. Hate him as a broadcaster.

Plummer was a pro at the broadcasts.

Davis needs to step up his game to pull this off. I've seen his act on TV.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Plummer let go for being too critical?

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_17787640

Intersting read. Better solution to this problem would be to not be so embarassingly bad that broadcasters don't have to wonder how to tap dance around that when doing commentary. Because some of what he was critical of was some face-palm stuff for even the average level of football fan's knowledge. I've heard sharp critical comments from Eric Davis too, so he will have a hard time tap dancing around what to say about sh*tty football when he sees it.
What I don't think has been mentioned here is the classless way the 9'ers' front office announced it.....no mention of Plummer's excellent job the past 13 years. In fact, no mention of Plummer at all, according to the article I read! Total lack of class IMHO.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well at least Davis knows a crappy QB when he sees one.
Nothing against Davis, but as a broadcaster and commentator-Plum is better. I am not just talking about the content of what he said but how he delivers the content.

Interesting to read the comments P made, did not know that. Especially about Raye. He got it, but singletary didn't, and P is a defensive guy! Maybe we hired the wrong MLB to be a head coach? It sure couldn't have been any worst! Gary was always an overachiever and unlike Willis who has talent and the mental capacity, had less talent and relied on effort and knowing the game.
Share 49ersWebzone