LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 199 users in the forums

Who is your favorite Niner currently with the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is your favorite Niner currently with the team?

So I'm bored as f**k and it's the offseason, so I thought I'd start a poll. So who is your favorite current Niner? Players who are about to be free agents also count...

Mine would have to be Gore. I've leaned toward other players such as VD and Willis in recent years, but I've always been a huge fan of Gore. I was instantly in love with the guy (no homo) when he was a rookie b/c of his tough running style. Gore's story of losing both shoulders and both knees and his mother along with his 'never give up' running style will probably keep him as my favorite player as long as he is on this team.
Could you all post who you voted for and why?
Willis, nuff said.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Willis, nuff said.
I'm always a fan of the young up and coming guys, so I picked Mays. I know he wasn't all that great as a rookie, but he was a savage at USC, and I was sooo pumped when we picked him. Hopefully his sophomore year will be more impressive than his rookie season.
Originally posted by Draftology:
I'm always a fan of the young up and coming guys, so I picked Mays. I know he wasn't all that great as a rookie, but he was a savage at USC, and I was sooo pumped when we picked him. Hopefully his sophomore year will be more impressive than his rookie season.

Yeah, I could see Mays becoming one of my favs in the next couple years. Thats if he starts working on his coverage and starts to produce.
Vernon Davis. The guy has really stepped it up as a player and a team leader.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Willis for obvious reasons
Originally posted by HomerJ:

I know, right? Just a couple years ago we all knew VD as the cocky player who was oozing with potential, but couldn't get it together and who was always picking fights.

Now he is the sole leader on this offense. He has evolved into an elite TE and is a top 2 player on our team. Gotta love Vernon/
Tom Rathman

I never really think about this kind of thing, but for fun I'll play.

Frank Gore is my man. He has been here through all the BS, carried the whole offense at times, and cries real tears for this team.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:45 PM ]
Vernon Davis.

Great player, VERBAL team leader, plays with emotion, doesn't complain (anymore), and never throws anyone under the bus.

Gore a close second.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by HomerJ:

I know, right? Just a couple years ago we all knew VD as the cocky player who was oozing with potential, but couldn't get it together and who was always picking fights.

Now he is the sole leader on this offense. He has evolved into an elite TE and is a top 2 player on our team. Gotta love Vernon/

Yeah, the first few seasons I was really worried his emotions would get the better of him.
It's Willis hands down talent and character........ wish we had a QB I could say that about.
Willis followed closely by Vernon and Gore.

Willis because he is our best player overall and he is just awesome. Plays like a badass and is a soft spoken good persoon. When we drafted Vernon Davis I was jumping up and down and was so stoked. He is our best offensive player. Gore is just Gore and thats why I love the guy.
Share 49ersWebzone