There are 240 users in the forums

As years go on, Super Bowl time grows more depressing for Niner Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nope. Of course my neighbor is a lifelong Bengal's fan. So it helps to keep things in perspective.
What is absolutely depressing is that 9ers management misses on our own homegrown players. Rogers, Desean and Brady were all players at positions we were looking at during the draft. Instead we end up with Smith, Chilo, and Carmazzi.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
If anything this NFL season has proven to me that NO TEAM is that far away from the Super Bowl. Green Bay didn't even win their division, had multiple drops in the big game, really didn't have a running game to speak of. The Steelers haven't been that great all year but showed up when it counted against teams that were good, not great.

I think we're a lot closer than people think even with a losing record. Free-agency and the cap has really created parity in this league and not a 10-6 parity - more like an 8-8 parity.

Im with you Niner. I agree, i mean i saw the same things in the SuperBowl that i saw with our team during the regular season. Whether with Alex, Troy, or even Carr. Dropped balls, gut wrenching penalties, turnovers, and all that and Pitt was still in the game going into the 4th quarter.

If you eliminate the blowouts, or the times that it seemed like our team was confused from the beginning, then we would of still been in the mix. I think there were at least 2 to 4 games, where it's like we didnt even show up.

as i said in another thread 4 to 5 losses by 3pts or more. That says we are knocking on the door. I think even tho we are implementing a new offense. I really think we will make the playoffs next year. Not forecasting, just think with a REAL HC, the possibilites are endless.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is a good post because I felt the same way. In weird sort of way Rodgers winning a superbowl made me feel kind of happy. To me in a way he is a niner, he grew up cheering for them like us and even wanted to play for them but our idiot team chose you know who. But all that is gone and over with and its done.
Originally posted by susweel:
This is a good post because I felt the same way. In weird sort of way Rodgers winning a superbowl made me feel kind of happy. To me in a way he is a niner, he grew up cheering for them like us and even wanted to play for them but our idiot team chose you know who. But all that is gone and over with and its done.

You realize Rothlisberger was a 49er fan too? He said 49ers were his favorite team in an interview ahile back. I was happy for Rodgers because he was my first choice at QB and Edwards was my second choice. I never thought they would have drafted Alex but they did.not trying to turn this into an Alex thread by the way. Also McCarthy our former OC turns out to be a sb winning coach. It wass definitely an opportunity loss but with HArbaugh we are back on the right track. Its just a matter of getting our QB now.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I don't know. I'm happy to be where we are at right now. Season's over and was a huge dissapointment, but I'm quite excited to see what the future presents itself. I've said this the last 6 seasons, but we've never had an offensive minded coach. Thats who the 49ers were, and that's what I'd like to see us become. I personally wasn't expecting Super Bowl so we'd be done now any ways. But the future has a small glimpse of being good.

I has been 8 seasons straight of no play-offs, but who is counting.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
If anything this NFL season has proven to me that NO TEAM is that far away from the Super Bowl. Green Bay didn't even win their division, had multiple drops in the big game, really didn't have a running game to speak of. The Steelers haven't been that great all year but showed up when it counted against teams that were good, not great.

I think we're a lot closer than people think even with a losing record. Free-agency and the cap has really created parity in this league and not a 10-6 parity - more like an 8-8 parity.

which is what makes the Niners even that much more pathetic. The NFL has gone out of its way to ensure teams don't go on 8 year playoff droughts. Yet the Yorks accomplished just that. IF....mind you IF, we played in the leagues best division I could almost excuse it.....but we are in THE weakest division.

Hell yeah the NFL is all about parity these days....so how come the Niners always miss their turn????

I will say it again because I know it is true. Nobody should expect the Niners to ever win a Super Bowl while the owners name is York.
40:1 chance at Bodog... highest is 100:1 for next year's SB. 1994 was a long long long time ago... I'd like to be part of a whole season that I can fully remember and not be a 9 year old in my 49ers pajamas watching the game. Only got the 3 MNF and a couple other games per season back then here in WI. Better than now though, If i didn't have Sunday Ticket I would get maybe 1-2 on regular TV and 1-2 more on ESPN.
Share 49ersWebzone