LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 166 users in the forums

Nate Clements stay or go??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Go please.

You post frequently. I do not. I don't understand why you wish to let our best corner go? He's better than Spencer and the money doesn't belong to you. I'm perplexed. Keep him

Him being our best corner is not saying much. He's a liability on the outside, his ball skills are subpar, he's overly aggressive and has a strong history of biting on double moves. The only strong attribute that he has is that he's a good open field tackler.

I would rather be training a rookie out there than retaining Clements at his current salary. Good teams don't keep highly overpaid players on the field. While it's not out personal money that is paying Clements, it's the principle in negotiating deals and the fact that the money could likely be used to address other needs.

-9fA

Agreed. There are plenty of better corners out there either in FA or the 2 in the draft, Peterson and Prince. We can't continue to pay the guy so much money, we can get better production by paying a better or younger player.
Originally posted by Kenyonsdad:
If he wants to stick around give him a paycut. He's not a number 1 anymore. I like him as a situational guy. Blitzing, playing the nickel etc.

He still seems to matchup well against slot receivers. But his big paydays are behind him.
we really cant afford to let him go we suck at CB
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Sorry I love the way he tackles but either lower his contract and put him in at safty or ditch his huge contract and get a top notch corner who can run with number 1 recievers. thoughts?[/right]

Stay
He can stay on the sidelines.
Share 49ersWebzone