LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 272 users in the forums

Do you want Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Harbaugh?

I'm not so sure about Harbaugh now. He seems to be a loose cannon. Maybe we should go with Billick.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
The question should be, do you want harbaugh for 8 million?

QUICK! CHANGE IT!

lol

Who cares? It's Jed's $$$. It's not like there's a coaching salary cap
I do want Harbaugh, I don't care if they end up paying him 25 million a year. (not my money) I just hope that if he comes here the 49ers are committed to him, and its not a Washington Redskins type of situation. Once all the contract stuff is over then let it be about football and let him be a rookie coach. The thing is the 49ers have a good personal so nobody is going to underestimate them next season, so if they win they are going to have to be legit. I want Harbaugh cause I think he is a good football guy with a great football IQ, he is not going to get too caught up into the emotion and I think he understands his players and how to motivate them.
I would like some exsperiance. Brian Billick, someone that knows what there doin.
Yeah but I have no idea what the guy is doing anymore. He's all over the map with these decisions. He just needs to make a choice at some point.
if you look at most of the success in the NFL from new coaches its come from the first time coaches. I think a young coach is good, the new ideas from these young coaches have been working better than these recycled coaches.
Harbaugh obviously is a master at pulling strings.

But this will come with a cost to his image , if he does not come up with the goods next season, regardless where he coaches.
I would like Harbaugh, but I won't lose sleep if the current offer of a little over 6 million is not enough. I think their other coaches who would be good for the organization, so long as it is a OC. Billick, Hue Jackson and Kelly.

As for first time coaches in the NFL being more successful, look at Nolan and Singletary. Coaches are like a box of choclates, you never know what you'll get till you bite into one....haha
Yeah I'd like to get Harbaugh for the new 6.5 offer but after that offer is refused I would be good with Billick or maybe someone else.
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Yeah I'd like to get Harbaugh for the new 6.5 offer but after that offer is refused I would be good with Billick or maybe someone else.

If Harbaugh turned down the dolphins mega-deal, then he's doesn't care about the money. He's gonna go where he wants to coach. Either leap to the NFL, like he's always wanted. Or go back to Stanford to try for the National Championship. Either one I can imagine him doing.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:

If Harbaugh turned down the dolphins mega-deal, then he's doesn't care about the money. He's gonna go where he wants to coach. Either leap to the NFL, like he's always wanted. Or go back to Stanford to try for the National Championship. Either one I can imagine him doing.

I think he cares about money, but it's not his no.1 priority. He would prefer to stay in Bay Area and if Stanfurd is offering more money than 49ers - than it will be tough for him to leave Stanfurd - especially with Luck coming back.

Niners should make him 1 final offer - 6.5M a year and put in .5M bonus for winning a playoff game/getting a bye week. Make that a take it or leave it offer. Don't let him take that offer to someone else and let him negotiate it with them.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 7, 2011 at 01:42:56 ]
Sure I want Harbaugh. He's already schooling the Yorks in "How to win 101"....
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yes, but I won't throw a fit if we don't get him.

This
Originally posted by HessianDud:
At this point I don't even care. I just want this franchise to stop looking so damn foolish.

Atleast we look less dumb than the Dolphins.
hard
Share 49ersWebzone