LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 218 users in the forums

Steve Young on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Goldrushknight:
Well that's exactly what we need a heavy pass first philosophy. A coach who goes for the throat. Where we are winning games 56-10. when were stomping a team 28-0 at halftime we come out the second half and shoot up the score 4 more touchdowns. That's what the patriots colts and eagles do. I hate the fact that we have no killer instinct!!!

Exactly. We could've beat teams like the Falcons and the Packers and the Rams last week if we had a killer instinct
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! some dude on knbr saying he'll trade willis and our #1 for luck

That same dude is also seeing pink elephants as well
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Steve Young is awesome. The Yorks are not. I think a lot of fans are close to giving up on this team.

Very close. I'll wait till this process is over but I just know it's going to turn sour
f**k the Dorks. I wish Steve Young would tell Jed what a retard he is to his face.
Steve Young is awesome. The Yorks are not. I think a lot of fans are close to giving up on this team.

We all know what happens then.
Everyone thats a fan of the 49ers should email a link of Youngs interview. The guy sent me back to the 80s and 90s of 9ers football. He gets it. Hes our voice. His era, the Walsh era are all the reasons why the 9ers have 5 super bowl trophies.

We have gone away from what makes the 9ers great. We need to get back to that. We need people at the front office that will get us back to that. The WCO is our identity. Great teams today are living and breathing the football coaches bible according to Bill Walsh. We have lost our way.

We must bring back the people that have made this organization great so it rubs off on todays current 49ers. So todays players not only know of the teams great history but they feel, touch, and see greats like Rice, Montana, Young and so among them.

Young is speaking out now, and so should we by getting the message across to the front office and those people that will make the decisions which will play out in the next few years to come.

The way forward is actually going back. Going back to what made the 9ers great. Going back to Walsh. We cant just still around and let whats going on just play out. We as fans must make sure our voices are heard. And this interview by Young and the influences Walsh had on coaches like Belichick till this day is a clear sign what we need to get back to.

If we dont get back to those winning ways, its another 5 or so years of being in limbo.

[ Edited by ace49ers on Dec 30, 2010 at 22:52:03 ]
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Everyone thats a fan of the 49ers should email a link of Youngs interview. The guy sent me back to the 80s and 90s of 9ers football. He gets it. Hes our voice. His era, the Walsh era are all the reasons why the 9ers have 5 super bowl trophies.

We have gone away from what makes the 9ers great. We need to get back to that. We need people at the front office that will get us back to that. The WCO is our identity. Great teams today are living and breathing the football coaches bible according to Bill Walsh. We have lost our way.

We must bring back the people that have made this organization great so it rubs off on todays current 49ers. So todays players not only know of the teams great history but they feel, touch, and see greats like Rice, Montana, Young and so among them.

Young is speaking out now, and so should we by getting the message across to the front office and those people that will make the decisions which will play out in the next few years to come.

The way forward is actually going back. Going back to what made the 9ers great. Going back to Walsh. We cant just still around and let whats going on just play out. We as fans must make sure our voices are heard. And this interview by Young and the influences Walsh had on coaches like Belichick till this day is a clear sign what we need to get back to.

If we dont get back to those winning ways, its another 5 or so years of being in limbo.

lol, the second I heard this I emailed the link to all of my NINER fans.
Originally posted by area49:

lol troll here is hoping we get Baalke as GM so the 9ers move to LA. Trollers gonna troll
  • bret
  • Veteran
I remember when Mike Nolan was first introduced as the Niners' head coach and he said he wanted to reach out to the 49ers' past - and then he mentioned all the players from his Dad's era, without a single mention of any player or coach from the era that has had the greatest influence on modern football in the entire history of the league(!), and I knew we were in trouble!

What Steve speaks is the truth!

I had the feeling that the Yorks were afraid to embrace Eddie D's legacy, because there was the risk they could never measure up; but, dammit, a legacy of winning is the only legacy worth having! Re-connect! (And you'll re-connect with your fans too!)
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

lol troll here is hoping we get Baalke as GM so the 9ers move to LA. Trollers gonna troll

Baalke gets hired as GM.

Baalke hires crappy coach.

Team continues to suck.

Fans lose interest.

Yorks can no longer finance the stadium.

Decide to move to LA, where they feel more appreciated.

Am I the only one who heard Steve talk about Shaun Hill??
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

What'd he say?

Baalke gets hired as GM.

Team continues to suck.

Fans lose interest.

So LA appreciates crap?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Baalke gets hired as GM.

Team continues to suck.

Fans lose interest.

So LA appreciates crap?

After what will have been 20 years without an NFL team, they'll take anything. But the prospect of becoming home to the 5-time champion Los Angeles 49ers will make up for all that!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

What'd he say?

Listen to 17:00 until about 18:30.
Share 49ersWebzone