There are 212 users in the forums

Is frank gore done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gorexcuses
Originally posted by TX9R:
Regardless, what happened to the annual drafting of a guy to spell Gore, who then shows promise, only to have no other back with any amount of carries? What happened to rotating and keeping him fresh? The one time Hunter saw the field he made a big play, kid needs some carries.

This. Gore has his place, but its time to take him out of Bell-cow duty. Gore is losing his north-south battles and has started to drift to the sideline when looking for a hole to run through. With all the tackles and guards pulling in this running scheme, if he doesnt hit the hole immidiately any RB will get caught in the wash and tackled for a 1 yard gain/loss. Hunter at least can hit the hole quickly and he is small enough to dive bomb through those little openings and get 3-4 yards out of nothing. (See the preseason when he ran underneath Iupati and the man he was blocking for a good gain). Our running plays were trying to stretch the field against a very fast Dalls front 7, with defenders that Gore can no longer beat to the sideline to turn upfield, better off getting hunter in on the long developing running plays and leave Gore to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust running up the middle.
[ Edited by 5280High on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM ]
The problem is Gore is a ball hog. He freaks out if you take him off the field.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Frank Gore
42 attempts
106 yards
2.5 ypc
1 TD

6 rec
36 yards

Chris Johnson
33 attempts
77 yards
2.3 ypc

9 rec
37 yards

Two good RB's that have had two bad games, don't count them out yet.
[ Edited by Chief on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM ]
jamaal charles similar stats
arian foster worse
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Chief:
Frank Gore
42 attempts
106 yards
2.5 ypc
1 TD

6 rec
36 yards

Chris Johnson
33 attempts
77 yards
2.3 ypc

9 rec
37 yards

Its not their fault, their pockets are just weighing them down because of all that cash they got paid.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The problem is Gore is a ball hog. He freaks out if you take him off the field.

This. He will only take himself out of the ballgame for one play when he needs a breather. Even if his replacement has a nice gain carrying the ball he will go back in.
Not done yet. He needs help from the o-line, the play calling, and the passing game to at least get some room to run. If you watch the game tape, Gore still does something valuable that usually goes unnoticed.........blitz pickup. He crushed a couple blitzers in pass protection last week.

Two bad games are not enough to write him off yet.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

This. But another bad game and I'll officially start getting worried.
He'll still not be up to it with his injury from last year, im sure hes still feeling it. But the guys a battler and he'll come through after all getting rid of all the rust from such a long time off.

Idk if Frank is done, but one thing is for certain, KENDAL HUNTER NEEDS TOUCHES!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Not done yet. He needs help from the o-line, the play calling, and the passing game to at least get some room to run. If you watch the game tape, Gore still does something valuable that usually goes unnoticed.........blitz pickup. He crushed a couple blitzers in pass protection last week.

Even the opposition's coach admires and respects Gore's efforts out there , the last two games the defenses were designed to stop Gore and only Gore , and our OL helped them be successful. Personally I am not worried about Gore but more concerned with how long it will take Harbaugh and Roman to fix the OL and then call the plays that will put the nail in the coffin with the eight man fronts. I'll just add that if they throw the ball to Gore and he is still ineffectual and goes down easy then I would join this lynching mob. J/K JMHO

Carry on with Gore has lost a step
Originally posted by susweel:
Its not their fault, their pockets are just weighing them down because of all that cash they got paid.

I dont think Gore is the type of player that just wants to get paid, but its amazing how some players start to "decline" after getting PAID.
Originally posted by 49erMike:
Originally posted by susweel:

I dont think Gore is the type of player that just wants to get paid, but its amazing how some players start to "decline" after getting PAID.

Gore mention this himself , he is concerned about that perception , I just hope the team finds a way to rid itself of the eight in the box and the OL in particular pick up their game and open some damn holes and get a damn push once again.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Frank Gore
42 attempts
106 yards
2.5 ypc
1 TD

6 rec
36 yards

Chris Johnson
33 attempts
77 yards
2.3 ypc

9 rec
37 yards

It's also interesting to note that those are two RBs who just got paid.
Share 49ersWebzone