There are 152 users in the forums

The perfect end to this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am cheering as much as anyone for us to make the playoffs, but the way these last several years have gone I think I can see the way this season will end.

We will beat St.Louis, Tamp will take care of Seattle, so we will be perfectly set up to just beat the Cards and go to take our beating in the Wild Card game.

That's where it it will get real interesting. Due to a series of penalties, bad calls, bad decision by Singletary, fumbles, and bad play calls (sound like the entire season) we will lose 27-24 in overtime.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I am cheering as much as anyone for us to make the playoffs, but the way these last several years have gone I think I can see the way this season will end.

We will beat St.Louis, Tamp will take care of Seattle, so we will be perfectly set up to just beat the Cards and go to take our beating in the Wild Card game.

That's where it it will get real interesting. Due to a series of penalties, bad calls, bad decision by Singletary, fumbles, and bad play calls (sound like the entire season) we will lose 27-24 in overtime.

Even with all those bad things happening, I still highly doubt the Cardinals score 27 points on the road with Skelton at QB. He will get destroyed
Two straight losses, no injuries, a Singletary sacking, all the other crappy teams winning giving us the #3 overall pick.

It's what we need for the future prosperity of the team - anything else would be like giving morphine instead of chemo to a cancer patient.
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
Two straight losses, no injuries, a Singletary sacking, all the other crappy teams winning giving us the #3 overall pick.

It's what we need for the future prosperity of the team - anything else would be like giving morphine instead of chemo to a cancer patient.

We're not losing to Arizona at home. Please get that out of yall heads. We are bad, but we aren't THAT bad. They struggled against us when they had Warner, Boldin, Rolle, and Dansby on the team, especially Warner. Skelton will single handedly lose them that game with his lack of play making ability.

Plus, They beat the Rams in STL so don't count us out of this game either
Originally posted by valrod33:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sims84:

Even with all those bad things happening, I still highly doubt the Cardinals score 27 points on the road with Skelton at QB. He will get destroyed

Hes talking about a loss in the wildcard game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Hes talking about a loss in the wildcard game.

read it again. He is saying we will beat the Rams and the Seahawks will lose to Tampa to set us up and all we have to do is beat the Cardinals to go lose in the wildcard game BUT that is where things get interesting, in other words, we don't beat the Cardinals like we are suppose to and we don't go to the playoffs. Correct me if I'm wrong OP

We're not losing to Arizona at home. Please get that out of yall heads. We are bad, but we aren't THAT bad. They struggled against us when they had Warner, Boldin, Rolle, and Dansby on the team, especially Warner. Skelton will single handedly lose them that game with his lack of play making ability.

Not saying it will happen just that it would be the perfect end to the season. I've got an awful hopefully paranoid feeling that we'll win the division, have the #21 pick and Sing will somehow cling on. Scary.

Not saying it will happen just that it would be the perfect end to the season. I've got an awful hopefully paranoid feeling that we'll win the division, have the #21 pick and Sing will somehow cling on. Scary.

hahaha, well I just can't really imagine any scenario outside of us playing in the NFC Championship game that will allow Singletary to come back. His methods have been proven unsuccessful and he has proved he is not willing to change so I just don't see him returning regardless of a playoff birth. He has to make something happen in the playoffs in order for him to come back IMO. hopefully that feeling you have is WAY off

No I see the Cards knowing they cant do anything but if they let the Niners win would STICK them with an At best #21 pick...Not saying they would just roll over and die but I can see them maybe not really playing hard...kind of like anybody se what the Cowpukes did when they played the Packers? just maybe not as bad. Plus the Cards winning could cost them draft position.

Awesome . . .

lol wow
  • Veteran
Perfect ending would be if the Yorks sell the team.
Originally posted by 190836:
Perfect ending would be if the Yorks sell the team.

Interesting that a supporter would say this. Most supporters, you would imagine, would say that winning the Superbowl would be the perfect ending.
Share 49ersWebzone