There are 276 users in the forums

Troy Smith named starter vs. Rams

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by excelsior:
It has been a long time since I last sat up in my chair and took notice of something. But when Snake P used the word "misanthropic" in his post, I took notice.

From now on I will start paying more attention to what SnakeP has to say.

I don't know what post you're talking about, but you should have been paying attention to him earlier.

Now I have to go find the post to see why his use of that word was so interesting.

Ok, I see now. Very good usage of the word. Sums up my feelings better than any other would.

Singletary is so f**king dogmatic that he's undone all of the things things that got him hired in the first place. Leadership, motivation, "rallying the troops", all that bulls**t... tossed out the window because he seems to think everyone beneath him is garbage and he's standing on top of the pile. Add Martz and Hill to that pile, too... Michael Lewis demanded his release because of this bulls**t. He's managed to polarize this whole organization.

All he's managed to do with the fans is inspire hatred.

He's either the dumbest motherf**ker on the planet or an evil genius who is getting some twisted satisfaction out of acting like a good Christian leader only to slowly corrode the foundation of this team with backbiting, deceit, and malice.

If Bill Walsh were Jesus, Mike Singletary is the Anti-Christ.

Oops, probably went too far there. Should never put Bill Walsh and the name of that charlatan playing coach right now in the same sentence... for any reason. Only sullies Walsh's great name... I'm sorry.

Anybody wonder how I really feel about Singletary anymore?

I'm gonna go take a sedative now.

Two weeks.
I understand the move back to Troy looking at his numbers against the Rams earlier in the year. Have to say the switch shouldnt be a surprise.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I understand the move back to Troy looking at his numbers against the Rams earlier in the year. Have to say the switch shouldnt be a surprise.

Alex 2-7

Troy 3-2

nuff said !
Originally posted by cNiner:
atleast with Troy will be entertaning insted of Alex checkdown Smith/getting sacked over and over and over for holding the ball too long . Troy will run and make it fun if we lose good we get top ten pick if we win we are in !

nuf said

stop b***hing !

Troy Smith has been sacked 16 times in 5 games
Alex Smith has been sacked 21 times in 9 games

You obviously have no idea what the f**k you are talking about
Originally posted by cNiner:
atleast with Troy will be entertaning insted of Alex checkdown Smith/getting sacked over and over and over for holding the ball too long . Troy will run and make it fun if we lose good we get top ten pick if we win we are in !

nuf said

stop b***hing !

I like it,good stuff.
If anyone just read Barrow's recent article, MJ has been pretty much made a fool of. I'm pretty sure Jed will clean house this offseason, and thank god.

But until then, I will root my a** off for the Niners EVERY WEEK
Originally posted by valrod33:
Mike Johnson Prefers Alex Smith
Sing prefers Troy Smith

Sing announces to Tory, Alex and Mike Johnson that troy is the starter. Mike Johnson Leaks this out to La COnforaodisajfosdfjsda

We have our rat

where did you get that?
Maiocco: Desperate Singletary will have quick hook

http://www.csnbayarea.com/12/22/10/Maiocco-Desperate-Singletary-will-have-q/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=378288&feedID=5936

this part caught my eye

"We're going to utilize whichever guy gives us the best chance in a given situation, so we're still trying to figure that out," Johnson said. "So we're practicing both guys."

maybe Sing is gonna have Alex come in when we make it to the redzone

I think Sing will make his decisions depending on how our running game is working that day. If the run-game is dominating, I would go with safe Alex and a ball controlling offense. If the run-game isn't working and we need to move the ball, I go with Troy Smith, who will take the chances to move it.

On the other hand, Troy hasn't made good decisions once in FG range. Sing may go with...aw hell...who the f**k knows?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
If they lose Sunday, what do you guys think of starting Nate the last game?

Might as well. Release Carr and promote Nate. See what the kids got in a real game.

I'd expect it to be ugly... but, I expect every game to be ugly.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Sing prefers Troy Smith

Sing announces to Tory, Alex and Mike Johnson that troy is the starter. Mike Johnson Leaks this out to La COnforaodisajfosdfjsda

We have our rat

where did you get that?

Mike Johnson was quoted a few weeks back saying he likes Alex in there because he knows more of the playbook

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Sing prefers Troy Smith

We have our rat

where did you get that?

I think that it's just speculation on his part. However, I do agree that it does seem like a likely scenario based on everything that we've essentially read in the past few weeks.

-9fA
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think Sing will make his decisions depending on how our running game is working that day. If the run-game is dominating, I would go with safe Alex and a ball controlling offense. If the run-game isn't working and we need to move the ball, I go with Troy Smith, who will take the chances to move it.

On the other hand, Troy hasn't made good decisions once in FG range. Sing may go with...aw hell...who the f**k knows?

Post of the month. Seriously.

Fist bump.

Do it.
I can dig it Singletary!

We have a parettty decent 1-2 punch at QB, but Troy , IMO is better when he has a fire under his ass.
Originally posted by excelsior:
It has been a long time since I last sat up in my chair and took notice of something. But when Snake P used the word "misanthropic" in his post, I took notice.

From now on I will start paying more attention to what SnakeP has to say.

I don't know what post you're talking about, but you should have been paying attention to him earlier.

Now I have to go find the post to see why his use of that word was so interesting.

Ok, I see now. Very good usage of the word. Sums up my feelings better than any other would.

Singletary is so f**king dogmatic that he's undone all of the things things that got him hired in the first place. Leadership, motivation, "rallying the troops", all that bulls**t... tossed out the window because he seems to think everyone beneath him is garbage and he's standing on top of the pile. Add Martz and Hill to that pile, too... Michael Lewis demanded his release because of this bulls**t. He's managed to polarize this whole organization.

All he's managed to do with the fans is inspire hatred.

He's either the dumbest motherf**ker on the planet or an evil genius who is getting some twisted satisfaction out of acting like a good Christian leader only to slowly corrode the foundation of this team with backbiting, deceit, and malice.

If Bill Walsh were Jesus, Mike Singletary is the Anti-Christ.

Oops, probably went too far there. Should never put Bill Walsh and the name of that charlatan playing coach right now in the same sentence... for any reason. Only sullies Walsh's great name... I'm sorry.

Anybody wonder how I really feel about Singletary anymore?

I'm gonna go take a sedative now.

Two weeks.

You know, one valid(rod) reasoning to go with Troy is that we basically had a bye week in terms of prep time for this game. If they thought about using Troy because the Rams are susceptible to deeper routes, then they obviously had more time to prepare him.

Another thing is that he was successful against them before and they may play umbrella coverage which may allow our run game to open up more.

Aw hell, who the f**k knows. Let us hope Sing's an evil genius and we win, Alex or Troy or both.

He is no Bill Walsh, but he is thinking outside of the box. Too bad he just can't do it during a game.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Post of the month. Seriously.

Fist bump.

Do it.
Share 49ersWebzone