There are 248 users in the forums

Who will Singletary announce as the starting QB for the showdown at St. Louis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will Singletary announce as the starting QB for the showdown at St. Louis?

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
This QB carousel is stupid. We lost to an excellent team. Troy would have lost too. And like Maiocco said...Alex wasn't at the top of the list of "reasons we lost." I'm not defending Alex but this whole "we have to look at the film to determine who starts" is just getting old.

Just stick to your guns and make the BEST game plan and we will win. We've shown that REGARDLESS of who plays QB..when we call the right plays and plan...we do well. The Seattle game was the best planned game all season...and granted it's Seattle...we dominated.

Go big or go home. Sing committed to Alex from the beginning. Seattle was the "must win" game and we won. San Diego wasn't. Stop the carousel. All it does is fvck up our preparation.

QFT
Somebody voted for Carr!!!!

You can't get people to take these polls seriously!
doesnt matter who the QB is with bad playcalling and Sing at the helm..
he'll let Alex finish his final two games as a niner in the starting role..
Originally posted by English:
Somebody voted for Carr!!!!

You can't get people to take these polls seriously!

Don't really take many 49ers fans seriously. They think they know better, but they were the ones chanting "We want Carr" while the ones that made sense knew he was no upgrade at all.
Originally posted by StackAndHack:
What ever the invisible man in the sky tells him when he prays tonight.

dude !
I know, he'll start Smith at QB! Singletary's poor attempt at humor. I wonder if he's laughing now?
Week 15 and we don't know who our starting QB is. f**king amazing.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

^THIS
well said!
Originally posted by backontop:
This QB carousel is stupid. We lost to an excellent team. Troy would have lost too. And like Maiocco said...Alex wasn't at the top of the list of "reasons we lost." I'm not defending Alex but this whole "we have to look at the film to determine who starts" is just getting old.

Just stick to your guns and make the BEST game plan and we will win. We've shown that REGARDLESS of who plays QB..when we call the right plays and plan...we do well. The Seattle game was the best planned game all season...and granted it's Seattle...we dominated.

Go big or go home. Sing committed to Alex from the beginning. Seattle was the "must win" game and we won. San Diego wasn't. Stop the carousel. All it does is fvck up our preparation.

QFT

again 2-7 when Alex starts for us this year....this whole thing of calling the right plays and we'll win BS is not true, it goes beyond that.

also about this part

"This QB carousel is stupid. We lost to an excellent team. Troy would have lost too."

well I guess the Packers was not a tough team, and Alex would've won that game right?

Tampa game, we tried to run run run run on a team that was ranked 30th in run defense....when it wasn't working in the second half, we still stuck with it. Beating the Packers in Green Bay is always tough, but Troy should've connected on some passes in that game....but he also did connect on some nice passes on that game...but not enough to win the game.....but he shouldn't have been benched because of those two games....not certainly for a QB that was 1-6 at the time.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by backontop:

QFT

again 2-7 when Alex starts for us this year....this whole thing of calling the right plays and we'll win BS is not true, it goes beyond that.

also about this part

"This QB carousel is stupid. We lost to an excellent team. Troy would have lost too."

well I guess the Packers was not a tough team, and Alex would've won that game right?

Tampa game, we tried to run run run run on a team that was ranked 30th in run defense....when it wasn't working in the second half, we still stuck with it. Beating the Packers in Green Bay is always tough, but Troy should've connected on some passes in that game....but he also did connect on some nice passes on that game...but not enough to win the game.....but he shouldn't have been benched because of those two games....not certainly for a QB that was 1-6 at the time.

No we didn't. We ran 18 times total. In the first half Gore had 9 carries and Troy Smith ran once. In the second half there were 9 runs, 4 by a rb (3 runs for Gore, 1 for Westbrook), 1 run by D Walker, and 4 QB runs. We passed 31 times that game, so the game plan was not run, run, run, and run some more.
Guys it has been decided:
Quote:
"The only real advantage that we could have is to go there and play well," he said. "All that other stuff is cat and mouse stuff." So why not announce the starter? "Because it's something that I don't really want to announce right now."

I'm pretty sure Dingleberry knows. My guess is it will be Alex.

But if this team is down at halftime -- Dingleberry benches Alex and goes with Troy.

He absolutely MUST win this game -- and if that means benching a QB -- then so be it.

If Troy goes down in flames during the second half -- at least Dingleberry can say he tried.
Oh -- and I cannot remember the last time that Alex Smith played well during an early start.

I know there's probably one game in there where he did OK during a 10 AM start -- but I just can't remember it.

Oh -- and throwing for three touchdowns in a loss doesn't count -- because -- bottom line -- a loss is a loss. Wins and losses are all that matters.

When is the last time Alex WON and PLAYED WELL during an early morning start?

Last year's season ender at Saint Louie doesn't count because Alex Smith played some of the most atrocious football I've ever seen. We were lucky to win that game.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Oh -- and I cannot remember the last time that Alex Smith played well during an early start.

I know there's probably one game in there where he did OK during a 10 AM start -- but I just can't remember it.

Oh -- and throwing for three touchdowns in a loss doesn't count -- because -- bottom line -- a loss is a loss. Wins and losses are all that matters.

When is the last time Alex WON and PLAYED WELL during an early morning start?

Last year's season ender at Saint Louie doesn't count because Alex Smith played some of the most atrocious football I've ever seen. We were lucky to win that game.

I don't know about "atrocious." We won 28-6 and he had a 97.6 rating. 1 TD no INT. And his TD was a 73 yard pass hitting VD in stride.

But I agree he, along with our team, started pretty slow.
Share 49ersWebzone