LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 315 users in the forums

If we win the West are we Division Champs or Division Chumps?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Frankly, we as 49er fans have sunk so low as to think how great it is to be in the playoffs w/a losing record.

We were once the envy of the league and all of sports - NOW we're a joke. Let's keep lowering our standards.

How are you going to feel when we get blown out 30+ to O in the first playoff game. Gee, that's something to be proud of - PATHETIC!

by who? Not one of the top 3 teams even beat us by 4 points let alone coming INTO San Fran and blowing us out with the "Stick" ROCKIN for the 1st Home playoff game in 8 years
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 20, 2010 at 9:36 AM ]
Champs baby!!!!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Champs!

the main goal of the season is to win your division. the Niners are on the precipice of doing that. they now control their own destiny. time to man up and take this s**t.
Champs of The NFC WORST !!!
Originally posted by boast:
Champs!

the main goal of the season is to win your division. the Niners are on the precipice of doing that. they now control their own destiny. time to man up and take this s**t.

Well, kinda. We still need help with a SEA loss
Frankly, we as 49er fans have sunk so low as to think how great it is to be in the playoffs w/a losing record.

We were once the envy of the league and all of sports - NOW we're a joke. Let's keep lowering our standards.

How are you going to feel when we get blown out 30+ to O in the first playoff game. Gee, that's something to be proud of - PATHETIC!

Your wrong. You didn't know Sing is gonna learn how to coach? And didn't you learn Alex is just saving his best stuff for the playoffs?

Sometimes it seems that people on here really think it's gonna happen.
I do not want this season extended whatsoever. I just wish it would ended already. I do not want to make the playoffs on a technicality. We haven't earned it, therefore we do not deserve it. I really hope Seattle wins. This season is sooooo much worse then years past because we definitely could've done waaaay better. Call me a sh*tty fan, but that's how I feel.
Chumps. And so are the fans who want a losing team to go to the playoffs. But the biggest chump is the coach who said they DESERVE TO GO!!!!!
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Chumps. And so are the fans who want a losing team to go to the playoffs. But the biggest chump is the coach who said they DESERVE TO GO!!!!!

That's why the NFL has Divisions for these type of situations.

I agree with that lowering standards is never the answer, every year we need to be a Superbowl contender like it was for my first 22 years of my life.

My whole family to include me and media thought the squad had the talent to win the west. We have played some really good playoff teams close this year and I have seen some of the worse ball of my life to. I have also seen some of the worst player handling of my life. People leaving the team, asking for trades, coaches getting fired/quitting, rookies over vets.....vets over rookies? It's nuts, i know but I really want them to make it and win. It would be good for the team.......maybe help bring in a higher tier coach or fire up the owner to open up the wallet. Most of all it would be good for the players.

This is a good read on how sad it has been and who it driving the team into a brick wall.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/20/SPD41GT0C4.DTL

Originally posted by mayo49:
Discuss.

I'll have to look at the film. Oh wait, I already have and the answer is, chumps! We don't deserve to be there regardless of winning the West and should be embarassed if we get to go. The only solution, and this is extremely wishful thinking, is to acquit ourselves in an admirable fashion. At least make a game of it. But, let's not start counting chickens just yet; we still need to win our remaining games and that's not a given.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maybe the Niners can pull off a run like the SF Giants did. That just proves, once you get in anything can happen. Discuss.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 20, 2010 at 1:13 PM ]

...but our mom's still think we're cool
Share 49ersWebzone