There are 226 users in the forums

Who would you rather have Alex Smith start for next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you rather have Alex Smith start for next season?

Man up....
Originally posted by rlott42:
Man up....

Enough already... It was 1 game... I don't want him back on the 49ers period!
How many times have we seen smith put up this kind of performance, then just flat out suck the next week, i don't trust him, IMO Smith is as big if not a bigger Fraud than Coach Sing is.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
It is a hard call for me, but put a gun to my head and I will choose Alex Smith for the 49ers. At this point, we don't have anyone better to replace him. My ideal scenario would be to sign Alex Smith to a 2 year contract, and draft a replacement for him in the first round. If he pulls a Drew Brees, all the better, but if not he can be benched when we have a QB that is ready.
As long as we're talking about the Alex Smith that showed up yesterday as opposed to the Alex Smith of the last 6+ years, we might be ok. If it's the latter Alex, let him start for AZ.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Dec 13, 2010 at 12:33 PM ]
AZ
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'd like to see him get a shot with the Vikings.
Some team in the cfl. As long as it's not the 49ers.
both smith, carr, davis
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
As long as we're talking about the Alex Smith that showed up yesterday as opposed to the Alex Smith of the last 6+ years, we might be ok. If it's the latter Alex, let him start for AZ.

That's up to the OL and OC. Unpredictable play-calling and even just decent pass protection and you will get this Alex Smith.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think you already know my answer.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

That's up to the OL and OC. Unpredictable play-calling and even just decent pass protection and you will get this Alex Smith.

Not so sure about that. There were definitely other issues regarding Alex's development/production (or lack thereof) over the last 6 years that had nothing to do with Alex. But somewhere in there, you have to find a way to produce and play consistently good football. Yes, some of that was out of his control, but some was also Alex's fault...whether it be ability, confidence or execution, some of it does fall on the player.
If he can play like yesterday he can play here.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I think you already know my answer.

The Niners?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
AZ

You would not want that in the long run , give Alex some coaching and 2 real NFL rec...... When ur #1 Rec is Carbtree that isn't saying alot now is it ??
Share 49ersWebzone