LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 233 users in the forums

**The positives that came from hiring Coach Singletary (srs)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
-Singletary got rid of Vernons' bad attitude and humbled him into a team captain

-Singletary doesn't mess around with crappy QB'ing. He has benched every qb that hasn't performed well . From JTO to Shaun, to Alex, getting rid of Carr quick fast, and Troy.

-Singletary bypassed the David Carr experiment. Under Nolan or someone else, that would have gone on for a couple of weeks of fail.

-Singletary started Crabtree in his first year of a SIX YEAR contract. That was big for me. Critics said that Crabtree would look horrible because he missed T.C. and some games. They were wrong.

-Singletary can motivate , our defense is great, we have some playmakers on offense, but our oline doesn't give our qb's a chance to get a good read on the receivers. kinda like this;

Our offensive playcalling is strange sometimes. Really strange, but it's fixable.
Protection is a problem, as is accuracy.

We lost to playoff contenders and ex super bowl champions by less than SIX POINTS.

Atlanta is tied for the best record in the NFL, and if Clements goes down, we beat them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He also wasted 2.5 years of our time.
Singletary's playbook did not waste any paper. Its prolly on like 1 or 2 pages. Many trees were saved.
He also decided to not bring in any other QBs to challenge or threaten Alex Smith as starting QB, when we could've made a run at Vick.
I truly believe some of the posters here are straight out of George Orwell's Animal Farm. I really do.

Originally posted by bigmike55:
He also decided to not bring in any other QBs to challenge or threaten Alex Smith as starting QB, when we could've made a run at Vick.

Mike Vick? Who was a'runnin' the wildcat a few years ago?
  • dj43
Singletary will be a very good HC at some point. He is driven like no other. He also learns pretty well. The trouble is, he started with such a limited base of knowledge.

I agree with the OP on the things he has accomplished here. The one thing I wish he had done was to keep Mike Martz. Singletary has shown himself to be strong enough that he could have kept Martz in check and Martz is strong enough to insist on a more diversified offense than Sing wound up with. *water over the dam*
Originally posted by dj43:
Singletary will be a very good HC at some point. He is driven like no other. He also learns pretty well. The trouble is, he started with such a limited base of knowledge.

I agree with the OP on the things he has accomplished here. The one thing I wish he had done was to keep Mike Martz. Singletary has shown himself to be strong enough that he could have kept Martz in check and Martz is strong enough to insist on a more diversified offense than Sing wound up with. *water over the dam*

Singletary will never be a HC again at any level. He has no knowledge of football, game planning, in-game adjustments, etc....all he does is watch the film and apparently he is not very good at it as we keep sucking each week.
"our defense is great" ???

Originally posted by WestCoast:

Especially our secondary

I think he meant we have great players,

just didn't mention the actual performance level of them...
  • Veteran
I am speechless.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

Singletary will never be a HC again at any level. He has no knowledge of football, game planning, in-game adjustments, etc....all he does is watch the film and apparently he is not very good at it as we keep sucking each week.

i disagree, he could become a good college head coach. its suits more of his rah rah style and less x's & o's
I think I'm in an alternate universe.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

i disagree, he could become a good college head coach. its suits more of his rah rah style and less x's & o's

I agree, he will a be a good college HC because the man can recruit with his talking skills.
Share 49ersWebzone