LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 247 users in the forums

Eddie Debartolo on KNBR 680 (Ralph/Tom) @ 5PM PST!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah but we can't. So we are STUCK with SUCK...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

WHY I HATE THE YORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0lol Eddie hired Walsh, overpaid everyone with no salary cap. The salary cap came about because of Eddie. (arguably)

Eddie's way of running an organization would not work in today's NFL.
Maybe he doesn't want it back....
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
0lol Eddie hired Walsh, overpaid everyone with no salary cap. The salary cap came about because of Eddie. (arguably)

atleast he got it done...
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:

Nobody hates them more than me.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

atleast he got it done...

yeah and we got 5 championships out of it. Be grateful and move on. He's not coming back.

You can at least be happy that Jed consults him, not that it would help much. Eddie would be just another owner now, or at least until the salary cap is eliminated, which it might.
The yorks won't sell or turn the team over. They're making plenty of money now, even with the losing. Sucks, but it is what it is.
Originally posted by fakers23:
Eddie was asked when an organization knows when they have the right people in the right places. Eddie stated "I'm not saying Singletary is the wrong or right guy for the job and I'm not saying the people in the front office are the wrong or right people, but I do know when you have the right people you will be winning."

Also he said "I think this organization needs a quarterback."

BAM that last line said it all sums up the last 5 years of alex smith... God i just wish he would get them to make him at least part owner of the niners.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran

I've been out the loop for the past two months but damn WTF is going on with this franchise? I swear they really need to sell this team.
What a great interview. I'm glad to have heard it. It sure made traffic a lot better.

Nobody hates them more than me.

LOL yeah, nobody hates them more than SD!!!
can't Jed hire him for some role? Why not
Originally posted by teeohh:
can't Jed hire him for some role? Why not

He's still expunged from taking part in any NFL/NFL team operations, and would have to be voted back in via NFL league/labor/exec grand counsel to be allowed to own/become a team VP/CEO again for an NFL team (or even be a janitor).

Makes you wonder that if Eddie makes it into the HOF this year as a first-year ballot entree he'll get into the CBA/lock-out mix this Spring (and vie to be voted back in). Only problem is, is he was charged with gambling, and that's bigger than 'murder' in the NFL right now.

Although seriously, the NFL could use a genius mind like him to sort this (CBA/labor/lockout) issue out. (I know Jerry Jones, the Roonies, and the Krafts are pulling for Eddie to come back more than anybody in the NFL ownership pool right now.)
Share 49ersWebzone