LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 208 users in the forums

Niner fans? Or, Niner followers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What is going on with Niner talk!?! Am I in the wrong place? Is this not for Niner fans? When did this place get hijacked by pessimistic Niner followers: who are most comfortable booing, hating on the Niners, or proving another Niner fan wrong.

Ok, I will except that part of this zone is for silliness and over-analytical banter, for which I love and enjoy!

But LATELY, I just can’t believe the mass majority of what I’m reading! It’s got so bad that if you have any “over-positive” comments you can expect an onslaught of “point and laughter smilies”, and hate for your optimism. Nope, only pessimism flies now!

- We’ve gone 4-2 in our last six games
- We’ve salvaged an 0-5 start.
- We just pulled within ONE game of the division
- We can still make the playoffs!?!
- We just had our first dominating victory… over our rivals… on the road!
- Like Sing or not, somehow (I have no idea how) we’ve overcome that bad start, something very rare, AND there’s something to be said about that.
- It’d be historic to have a chance (at home) to win a playoff game this year.

And they say…“Yeah, but we suck because…..bla bla bla…..I’m just being rational.”

Being a FAN is a completely IRRATIONAL thing! Why would you continue to watch a team that’s losing? Because they mean more then that to you, and there’s something inspiring about the chance of winning every game!

Yet, going to this zone is like going to a church where most the people are walking around s**tting on the floor!

Of course you can say you disagree with personal, management or strategy. BUT, sometimes you guys loose sight of the fact you’re a fan of the Niners. And, those who HOPE the niners lose, are not fans! To say rooting against your team is for a high draft pick… with 5 games left…. While we’re one game out of first, is disgusting!

You want to be rational? Then go root for the Falcons, Patriots or Jets. Wouldn’t that be more rational? But get out of the NINER Zone! It makes me sick.

Just because you know more about the Niners then any other team does not make you a fan, and a conversation with a real fan has no merit because you just don’t know. You’re just a follower.
Originally posted by pannin4gold:
Why would you continue to watch a team that’s losing?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
calm down noob
i didn't read his "rant", should I?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WestCoast:

no
Tengo ganas de horchata......
.......It just got to be too much.....sigh. I had to put that out there.

I've been on here for years. Rarely post. I just feel strongly about this, and it's outside of the zone. Like it's cool to creatively b***h about the Niners. And I'd just like to see some more optimism and excitement about our success recently.
Originally posted by susweel:

no

yes. never listen to another man to make your judgement! If he tell ya to jump of a bridge are ya?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by susweel:

no

yes. never listen to another man to make your judgement! If he tell ya to jump of a bridge are ya?

yes

if he asks nicely

I've been on here for years. Rarely post. I just feel strongly about this, and it's outside of the zone. Like it's cool to creatively b***h about the Niners. And I'd just like to see some more optimism and excitement about our success recently.

If you're looking for reason, don't come to Niner talk.

He's absolutely right. Its ridiculous that ppl are cheering against there team when they're 1 game out of first with 3 divisional games left. Go ahead and complain about stuff. There is plenty to complain about. But don't belittle the "stupid" fans who want to cheer for their team. Next time you want to try making someone feel dumb for wanting their favorite team to win, stop and ask yourself "why should I? Who am I to tell them they shouldn't cheer for them?"

Now I don't want to go into all the "we should've hired this guy" or "we should do this more than that", but what I do know is this...it's more convenient to be a "know it all" when you're watching everything going bad...and we can point fingers until we have no fingers left on our hands to point....but at the end of the day, I still believe in this team's chances, because we are 1 game behind. They just have to clean it up.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Back to the parking lot I go.
Hey Pannin!

Keep the faith and don't let the yahoos living here bring you down! Noob or not, you have a deep passion for your Niners win or lose and I respect that.

These guys have been heartbroken so many times by so much incompetence that not even winning 4-2 in a stretch during this season is enough to enjoy let alone celebrate.

There are many here that WISH we lose. I never can fathom that, never.

I agree with them about change needed after the season at certain coaching and player positions, mainly Sing and Alex. Just ask Sus. Then added to the coaches and players, ownership. Huh, SanDiego?

They all have been bashed in the face with our 49ers' downfall of the 2000's especially after Dr. York personally destroyed what assemblance of our past we had.

Therefore, you go on and keep cheering and rooting for our team. I do and will.

Just understand that some can be critical of what is going on while still supporting the team, being a real fan.

Is this the closest we have ever been to the playoffs since 2002 in week 12? I can't remember a time in week 12 in the past 8 years where we controlled our own destiny.

If we win out, we go to the playoffs! While it is unlikely, I do not remember a time since our last trip to the playoffs when we have been able to say that in week 12.

I agree that there is still much to be positive about. I do not understand those who wish us to lose for draft position, when we are technically very much still in it!
Share 49ersWebzone