There are 247 users in the forums

Barbeiri Destroying singletary on NBC, VD didn't back up his HC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Method:
Was pretty freaking hilarious. Ralph was s**tting all over singletary... Has no experience to be a head coach, has never even been a coordinator, just done a terrible job. All VD said was singleary's like a father figure to him and players still listen. Lol.

VD probably agrees with Ralph.

Btw this was on NBC sports Sunday, VD was guest host and they were talking with Ralph.

Ralph destroyed Nolan in an interview before he got canned as well, if my memory serves me. Nolan kept answering the questions with the usual answer-but-don't-actually-answer-the-question responses that coaches love to use and Ralph wouldn't let him off the hook. People took offense and whined about how harsh he was. I thought it was great. I think he did the same to McCloughan and Jed as well. People say these things all the time, but when a guy like Ralph Barbieri says something in the media it can actually influence some decisions. He speaks as a fan for the fans and I think it's great.

"A fan for the fans"? Really? Who the hell are YOU talking about?

Are you talking about the same sports radio host who's claim to fame in any sport was being a USF cheerleader? The very same guy who used to try to pick a fight with Ken Norton Jr., a man who could've killed him just by sneezing, so he could feel like a tough guy?

I agree that Sing needs to get criticized and called on his inability to perform second half adjustments or do anything outside of motivational speeches, but to say that Barbieri represents anything other than his lame and insufficient self-interests is ignorant.

Only reason why he has a job is b/c everyone hates him and keeps the calls coming to his show just to make himself feel superior, that or he went to an office party where he got pictures of the KNBR owners banging trannies b/c I have no idea how he still has a job...

seriously?!

100% true

That's pathetic. It'd be less embarrassing to be a guy who never had anything to do with sports and have a radio show than to be a guy who was a cheerleader.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
wow simply amazing lol......gotta love 49er fans

yeah its embarassing. I guarantee its not half as bad as thread starter acts like it is, but people are so giddy to see another grown man get insulted you have to wonder whats happenin in their world.

dude, he is coaching our team to a 2-6 record, probably en route to a 5-6 win season.

I dont want him to get insulted, i dont want him to get embarrassed, i dont want him to die, i dont want him to be sad, i just him to get fired so we can start winning games. That is it. how is this so hard to figure out?

why do fans think its as simple as "We have a bad record, so our coach must suck" Is that easier than rewatching the games and pinpointing the problems?

The thing is, we've watched the games and pinpointed the problems. We were rolling with a bad QB. Who's decisions was that? Oh yeah, that's right, our coach made that call and made sure there was no competition for him. The main problem our team has is it's approach and preparation for opponents. The team is forced to run a smashmouth offensive game plan from the 80's and never makes adjustments when an opponent figures out how to exploit our defense or stop our offense. Whenever we do have success, other teams adjust and that success stalls. Why can't we do the same? Because our coaching is bad.

People didn't just decide "we have a bad record, so our coach must suck."

the OLine sucks, but lets not change anything, we will work hard and fix it.
opposing QBs have too much time, well, let's rush 3 and then give him more time.
the defense is run blitzing the A gaps, let's run a long developing play to the outside.

you might say it is the position coaches, or the OC, or any numerous reason. singletary does not identify the problem or when he does he doesn't correct it. and if it is the coaching staff who compiled the staff? who is their boss?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Ralph ripped Brian Sabean all the time as well. Just the way it is when you're not winning.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Ralph ripped Brian Sabean all the time as well. Just the way it is when you're not winning.

exactly. every GM or decision maker is going to get ripped when most if not all of his decisions don't pan out in end up being a complete waste.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

exactly. every GM or decision maker is going to get ripped when most if not all of his decisions don't pan out in end up being a complete waste.

But Sabean's decisions have worked out.
Originally posted by KALI-KING:

this year. last year was okay, and the years before were awful,

and when posting that the trades in mind were pirsh!tsky, garko, and many others where he did the trade only to let the guy walk in the offseason. and the rowand, zito, renteria, matt morris, armando benitez, and dave roberts.

basically 03-08 his moves were garbage, he drafted some key players, but then did absolutely retarded signings and trades.
Originally posted by KALI-KING:

He was regarded as one of the worst GMs in baseball before this year. Look at the Zito deal, the dude couldn't even make the playoff roster.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
It is no secret that we have many problems, coaching chief among them. I really don't see the point of having another tired, played out verbal tirade over it. We get it.

relax, bro. When everyone is drinking the kool aid (like with Smith and Sing in prior years), zoners don't want to hear anything to the contrary. Then when the truth becomes apparent, zoners don't want to hear anything in confirmation either. This is supposed to be a message board, where things are, you know, discussed.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
where's the interview?

yeah its embarassing. I guarantee its not half as bad as thread starter acts like it is, but people are so giddy to see another grown man get insulted you have to wonder whats happenin in their world.

dude, he is coaching our team to a 2-6 record, probably en route to a 5-6 win season.

I dont want him to get insulted, i dont want him to get embarrassed, i dont want him to die, i dont want him to be sad, i just him to get fired so we can start winning games. That is it. how is this so hard to figure out?

why do fans think its as simple as "We have a bad record, so our coach must suck" Is that easier than rewatching the games and pinpointing the problems?

But we already did that and decided he WAS the problem.

I thought we decided it was out turnover prone QB that was the problem? Seems to me, when we don't turn it over we win. Agree?

Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

But we already did that and decided he WAS the problem.

I thought we decided it was out turnover prone QB that was the problem? Seems to me, when we don't turn it over we win. Agree?

Shaun Hill says hi. Jimmy Raye says hi as well.
is that the dude with the annoying voice
Originally posted by valrod33:
is that the dude with the annoying voice

RAZOR MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!
  • Apone
  • Veteran

He absolutely sucks. The lack of experience, the lack maturity, is conspicuous every week. The guy has a TOTAL coaching experience of 6 years. He gets out coached on a weekly basis. Clueless about X's and O's. He is content on running an ancient archaic offense that would make the creators of techmo bowl proud-and it wouldn't matter if it was Raye, Johnson, or Walsh as the OC-it's his offense. Terrible personal decisions-from not challenging Smith, to trading Hill to getting Carr, to letting Crabtree take the preseason off, and the list goes on. Worst start since 1979, he should be blamed for it and be fired.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BenQ:
where's the interview?
Share 49ersWebzone