LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 197 users in the forums

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Good players make their own luck so a b-.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kstolai:
Good players make their own luck so a b-.

Ummm.... Isn't that a contradiction? I'm so confused.

Just admit he's a Jedi.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Troyexcuse:

1. The receivers grew a couple of inches, now run faster, and gained 10 pounds each.

2. Vernon was holding the offense back

Stay fast, my friends

Don't forget the coaches were holding back all the good plays when Alex was in there...

Also, the line started pass blocking better so that Troy could scramble and make more time for our pass plays to develop...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Troyexcuse:

1. The receivers grew a couple of inches, now run faster, and gained 10 pounds each.

Stay fast, my friends

Don't forget the coaches were holding back all the good plays when Alex was in there...

Also, the line started pass blocking better so that Troy could scramble and make more time for our pass plays to develop...

Excuses why you guys are douche bags -

1. From ACP: " We really are fair-minded people, it is just all these ridiculous Alex-lovers who won't let things go (oh wait we continue to post things about A. Smith that are extremely biased, and continue to find new ways to re-hash our most belived words such as "alexcuse, Alice Smith, Alexis, Accuracy problems, Ball placement, IT, make your own luck" - never mind)"

2. " We are true 49ers fans, and just want the team to win. WE want results! We have championed guys like Tim Rattay, Nate Davis, Shaun Hill (may his name be praised forever), David Carr, and Now Troy Smith. We have overlooked their weaknesses and deficiencies, even those very similar to Alex Smiths because they are NOT ALEX SMITH, and therefore have IT.

3. "When Alexis Smith throws a deep ball that is picked because it is underthrown near the goal line such as the one this year, he is horrible, and a bust. When Troy Smith throws an even worse pass, that is basically a punt (it came down like a punt?) it is ballsy. The reason for this is simple - TROY SMITH IS NOT ALEX SMITH, and HE HAS "IT" "

4. " It really isn't about our own pride at this point. That is why once Alex was injured, we handled it with class. Nobody rejoiced, nobody called him out on it, nobody continued to attack Alex Smith day after day in the forum because that is basically all they know (sHaj), and even if they did it isn't like they don't deserve it after 7 years of the same mess that is all Alex's fault because he doesn't have "Accuracy, ball placement, IT, too many Alexcuses"

5. Troy Smith's Game was the single greatest Game by a 49er QB in the last decade. PERIOD. His passes were all WELL PLACED and ACCURATE. He has a certain quality about him... let's call that quality, oh I don't know.... "IT" That magical quality that can be defined as "Not Alex Smith" or "Not Alexis Smith"
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
You know what just occurred to me?

Jedi don't get grades....

It's just, "Do or do not".

Troy = Do

/thread

Originally posted by Wodwo:
You know what just occurred to me?

Jedi don't get grades....

It's just, "Do or do not".

Troy = Do

/thread

• Jiks
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Troyexcuse:

Stay fast, my friends

1. From ACP: " We really are fair-minded people, it is just all these ridiculous Alex-lovers who won't let things go (oh wait we continue to post things about A. Smith that are extremely biased, and continue to find new ways to re-hash our most belived words such as "alexcuse, Alice Smith, Alexis, Accuracy problems, Ball placement, IT, make your own luck" - never mind)"

2. " We are true 49ers fans, and just want the team to win. WE want results! We have championed guys like Tim Rattay, Nate Davis, Shaun Hill (may his name be praised forever), David Carr, and Now Troy Smith. We have overlooked their weaknesses and deficiencies, even those very similar to Alex Smiths because they are NOT ALEX SMITH, and therefore have IT.

3. "When Alexis Smith throws a deep ball that is picked because it is underthrown near the goal line such as the one this year, he is horrible, and a bust. When Troy Smith throws an even worse pass, that is basically a punt (it came down like a punt?) it is ballsy. The reason for this is simple - TROY SMITH IS NOT ALEX SMITH, and HE HAS "IT" "

4. " It really isn't about our own pride at this point. That is why once Alex was injured, we handled it with class. Nobody rejoiced, nobody called him out on it, nobody continued to attack Alex Smith day after day in the forum because that is basically all they know (sHaj), and even if they did it isn't like they don't deserve it after 7 years of the same mess that is all Alex's fault because he doesn't have "Accuracy, ball placement, IT, too many Alexcuses"

5. Troy Smith's Game was the single greatest Game by a 49er QB in the last decade. PERIOD. His passes were all WELL PLACED and ACCURATE. He has a certain quality about him... let's call that quality, oh I don't know.... "IT" That magical quality that can be defined as "Not Alex Smith" or "Not Alexis Smith"

I was thinking the same thing. I just love being called an Alex Lover because I hoped the best for him. Now that Alex seems out at QB I now should be considered a Troy Lover because I feel the exact same way.

You know, I think this argument use to go both ways, and both sides were pretty immature. But after seeing these guys continually on Alex Smiths nuts, I now realize how amazingly stupid certain posters are around here. It's like move on, you got what you wanted, but you still Alex this Alex that Alex this.

IMO we all root for the same team. And we have these idiotic fans that still are trying to keep us divided. You know maybe I was wrong in supporting Alex, but why do you get a boner to rub it in? Does your internet ego mean that much to you? Why are you still all over Alex and us supporters nuts? That's just crazy weird to me.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

[Quality post with good points. We should all be rooting for the team. People need to stop being mean]

Hey, buddy... Snake and I just /ended this thread.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

[Quality post with good points. We should all be rooting for the team. People need to stop being mean]

Hey, buddy... Snake and I just /ended this thread.

Your right. man. You really are.
Troyexcuse:

Stay fast, my friends

Obviously, Sarcasm is wasted on you, and that's why your a douche...
[ Edited by D_Niner on Nov 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM ]

I'd give Troy a solid B...he didn't get to do much in the 1st half, but later in the game he made some nice plays. His pass to Crabtree was on the money and thus an easy TD. I like his athleticism...he moves well, and with a purpose. Considering he had precious little time with the starters, I thought he acquitted himself well.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Troyexcuse:

Stay fast, my friends

C'mon, everybody play nice. No reason for this.

Oh... and it "you're a douche."

/being a douche
Troyexcuse:

Stay fast, my friends

C'mon, everybody play nice. No reason for this.

Oh... and it "you're a douche."

/being a douche

Using "you're" would make it a personal attack, wouldn't it?...

Glad some on here have a sence of humor...
Troyexcuse:

Stay fast, my friends

It is only 1 game , less see what he does in some more games before we say Troy is the guy .
The terrible decision to Delanie gets picked, QB rating = 80.6 = C- (would be good for 22nd in the league).

Now, considering he basically had one week to prepare and won = B.

Keeps chucking balls up for grabs = new team.
Share 49ersWebzone