There are 191 users in the forums

Sound FX: Vernon Davis mic'd up

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JDeesnuts:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:
This team is such a mess, you can tell from this video. I'm no psychologist, but there's no way our TE should be telling our QB to 'stay poised" and our bell-cow RB to "do his job." Bleh. We need a real leader on Offense, preferably at the HC position.

Sorry but I disagree. As leader of the team, I have no issue with Vernon pumping up the guys. I rather have him say things then staying quiet.

No player should have to tell our QB to stay poised. I dunno maybe it was because the crowd was booing like a bunch of morons.

What'd you call me??

Did you pay for my $200 ticket? I can boo or cheer for whoever the f**k I want.

If you pay for a ticket to the game you can do whatever you want within the rights of human beings. Question! Boo Alex Smith, Frank Gore, the whole F***ing team; why chant "We want Carr?" When we all know that David Carr is not better than Alex Smith. No o-line help, receivers not running the right routes, and play calling that is elementry.

"the rights of human beings"??? Who the f**k are you?? What chapter of human ethics book can I look up how to cheer "within the rights of human beings" so I don't offend anyone?

Frank Gore stunk it up 1 game with the 2 fumbles, but he's been the best player we've had for the last 4 years. He plays behind the exact same O-line that Smith does and is leading the NFC (2nd in the NFL) in all purpose yards. Smith plays like s**t every time he's out there. Oh, and I'm not a Carr fan, I'd actually prefer Troy or Nate, but that's not going to happen. At this point its anyone but Alex.
Originally posted by redrathman:
And it's devolved into another Alex Smith thread.

every thread becomes an Alex Smith thread, eventually------Boast
loved the last part "C'mon Alex lets get some more TD's"

This team is such a mess, you can tell from this video. I'm no psychologist, but there's no way our TE should be telling our QB to 'stay poised" and our bell-cow RB to "do his job." Bleh. We need a real leader on Offense, preferably at the HC position.

Sorry but I disagree. As leader of the team, I have no issue with Vernon pumping up the guys. I rather have him say things then staying quiet.

No player should have to tell our QB to stay poised. I dunno maybe it was because the crowd was booing like a bunch of morons.

What'd you call me??

If you pay for a ticket to the game you can do whatever you want within the rights of human beings. Question! Boo Alex Smith, Frank Gore, the whole F***ing team; why chant "We want Carr?" When we all know that David Carr is not better than Alex Smith. No o-line help, receivers not running the right routes, and play calling that is elementry.

"the rights of human beings"??? Who the f**k are you?? What chapter of human ethics book can I look up how to cheer "within the rights of human beings" so I don't offend anyone?

Frank Gore stunk it up 1 game with the 2 fumbles, but he's been the best player we've had for the last 4 years. He plays behind the exact same O-line that Smith does and is leading the NFC (2nd in the NFL) in all purpose yards. Smith plays like s**t every time he's out there. Oh, and I'm not a Carr fan, I'd actually prefer Troy or Nate, but that's not going to happen. At this point its anyone but Alex.

I like the passion! "Within the rights of human beings," do you not know laws. Do what ever the F*** you want except for the obvious S***. Do you have the right to punch someone in the face? NO, but you might want to. Do you have the right to spit on someone, throw things on the field? NO, NO. Obvious things about life.
You CAN talk S***!

Getting side tracked on the topic at hand.

The whole point of the original post was not giving a S*** about booing the team, DO IT, if they deserve it. But, calling out for Carr, when the O-Line doesn't show up and give Smith any time to throw. WOW, look at the stats for Smith when he gets time to throw. Look at the stats when Smith is in the Red Zone. Smith is Top 3 in the league with Red Zone efficiency. He actually has a better Red Zone rating than Peyton Manning. I'm not saying he's better, but WOW, here's an idea........give your quarterback time throw. How many passes can Peyton Manning complete when he's on his F'in back.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Man its so funny how Vern changed drastically in jus a few years... he's a great leader and glad he's on our team. I did lol @ when he told alex to throw for another TD when they were kneeling the ball

Yeah....they we goofing off & having fun. That is good for 2 of our Cs.
Haha. Telling Alex to throw it on the game's final play.

Alex is like, "Dude, it's over!"
Frank needed that 60 yarder bad.

VD knew he had it in him, and it finally came out this season.

When VD said,''We need a TE screen,'' lol @ Crabs with the stinkface.

What'd you call me??

I like the passion! "Within the rights of human beings," do you not know laws. Do what ever the F*** you want except for the obvious S***. Do you have the right to punch someone in the face? NO, but you might want to. Do you have the right to spit on someone, throw things on the field? NO, NO. Obvious things about life.
You CAN talk S***!

The whole point of the original post was not giving a S*** about booing the team, DO IT, if they deserve it. But, calling out for Carr, when the O-Line doesn't show up and give Smith any time to throw. WOW, look at the stats for Smith when he gets time to throw. Look at the stats when Smith is in the Red Zone. Smith is Top 3 in the league with Red Zone efficiency. He actually has a better Red Zone rating than Peyton Manning. I'm not saying he's better, but WOW, here's an idea........give your quarterback time throw. How many passes can Peyton Manning complete when he's on his F'in back.

I just read above that you are new here and I notice you already have a 25% warning, so I will be the mature one 'with webzone experience' and back off cause this is going nowhere. This is the last response you'll get from me on this thread because we are turning, yet another good thread, into an Alex Smith thread. Go visit the other 200 threads related to Alex where you can argue about all of the opposing God-sent forces that are preventing this intelligent, well-mannered, superb athlete from succeeding (also know them as Alexcuses around here ). I'm sure I've discussed every single one of them in the last 6 years.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Frank needed that 60 yarder bad.

VD knew he had it in him, and it finally came out this season.

When VD said,''We need a TE screen,'' lol @ Crabs with the stinkface.

I did notice that. ... It's not a bad idea though. It worked well a couple of games
back.

What'd you call me??

You CAN talk S***!

I just read above that you are new here and I notice you already have a 25% warning, so I will be the mature one 'with webzone experience' and back off cause this is going nowhere. This is the last response you'll get from me on this thread because we are turning, yet another good thread, into an Alex Smith thread. Go visit the other 200 threads related to Alex where you can argue about all of the opposing God-sent forces that are preventing this intelligent, well-mannered, superb athlete from succeeding (also know them as Alexcuses around here ). I'm sure I've discussed every single one of them in the last 6 years.

This is my first day and I wasn't aware of the warnings. Respect to all, I just need to learn how to rationalize my thoughts into a more polite tone. I'm going to more over to the Smith Threads, but do we not agree that when you give smith time, just a little he produces.

I'm no psychologist either, but how you came to that conclusion by watching that video is beyond me, some one is just hating
Loved this video. Vernon has a passion for the game, a sense of humor, and encourages his teammates--signs of a leader. Enjoyed the "I love you" chat with Takeo, sensing that Takeo was having a "wanna get away?" moment. Also loved the part at the end with Alex taking a knee, but Vernon wanted another TD (I think he was kidding).
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I also disagree.

Vernon needs to call it as it is.
You need to be half bully, half motivator.

Two elements of being a leader.

See what Vernon says about Alex at 0:35.

Great video, thanks for posting the link

-9fA

he's a captain, who cares what position he plays.
Share 49ersWebzone