LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 141 users in the forums

Over Under on a Denny Green/Jim Mora type Melt Down from Singletary this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by zozell:
it would have gotten lost amongst all the other rubbish in that thread... In reality we could merge everything into 5 threads:

Official Smith
Official Singletary
Official Crabtree
Official Johnson
Official Other

What fun would that be?

One of these days, if I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, I will merge ALL THE THREADS in NT into one master thread and call it "GOTCHA!"

Anyhoo, this thread stays for now till it reverts into a (completely) FIRE SING! thread...

LMAO did that on april fools... hell do it tomorrow
It's possible.

And he would be doing all of us a favor.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
You can only date 14 year-olds in West Virginia if they are blood relatives.

But only if you are being discriminated against and not getting paid the same as other karate experts.
what happened to denny green and jim mora's teams after their meltdowns....

only a couple years later, the cards were in the super bowl
only a couple years later, the colts win 12 games every year

so, if a meltdown occurs, lets hope we follow one or both of these trends
Originally posted by superman49er:
what happened to denny green and jim mora's teams after their meltdowns....

only a couple years later, the cards were in the super bowl
only a couple years later, the colts win 12 games every year

so, if a meltdown occurs, lets hope we follow one or both of these trends

Both with different coaches, brah... and it was a while before they got to the big dance.

The meltdown is coming, I'm just hoping that a suspension for a "devastating hit" is one of the many highlights.
it would have gotten lost amongst all the other rubbish in that thread... In reality we could merge everything into 5 threads:

Official Smith
Official Singletary
Official Crabtree
Official Johnson
Official Other

What fun would that be?

More fun than this thread you have started . Stop feeding the pet trolls
I wouldn't classify benching O'Sullivan for Hill a "knee jerk reaction"
I dont think he's gonna break.

It would be funny tho, if after a loss, the reporter said,

Sing, how well do u think your team played today.

Response.

EXcuse me, mothaf$%^, didnt u see the game. This is it, im officially resigning, and my final words will be Kiss my ass, now try to read between the lines on that one. lol
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran

Official Smith
Official Singletary
Official Crabtree
Official Johnson
Official Other

What fun would that be?

One of these days, if I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, I will merge ALL THE THREADS in NT into one master thread and call it "GOTCHA!"

Anyhoo, this thread stays for now till it reverts into a (completely) FIRE SING! thread...

Pretty sure it was LA9erFan's idea to merge everything into one big thread called "49ers."

Originally posted by A-R-S:

Official Smith
Official Singletary
Official Crabtree
Official Johnson
Official Other

What fun would that be?

Pretty sure it was LA9erFan's idea to merge everything into one big thread called "49ers."

You could be right although I am thinking it was another... Doesn't post here much anymore, homeskillet wanted to be a fireman... forgot his handle.

***DISREGARD***

DonJulio!

All the things you listed have nothing to do with the media.

I would be concerned if he was being combative just shy of the point of being abusive, but I have to say that Sing has held his own pretty well with these knuckleheads. Even when they ask stupid questions trying to bait him into such a display.

If he has a meltdown in him, he escaped that point due to the Win against the Raitards.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by A-R-S:

Official Smith
Official Singletary
Official Crabtree
Official Johnson
Official Other

What fun would that be?

You could be right although I am thinking it was another... Doesn't post here much anymore, homeskillet wanted to be a fireman... forgot his handle.

***DISREGARD***

DonJulio!

Do EEEET do EEEEEEET!!!

~Ceadder
As a Kung Fu Pro, I do not care to speculate whether Singletary might melt down. However, I do not believe he is a block of ice.
More than half of the things you list aren't "meltdowns" or "Knee jerk reactions" or symptoms of. But more or less an "I hate Singletary thread". Thats fine if you want to come out and dislike him, I have my issues with his coaching as well, but the reasons you list below do not support your argument.

Dropping Pants - i'll give you this one
Sending Vernon to the locker room - needed to be done, not a meltdown/knee jerk. It was effective, look at the results.
Benching O'Sullivan for Hill - - needed to be done, not a meltdown/knee jerk. O'Sullivan had no business starting to begin with. If this was a bad decision, please tell me what team he's starting for these days.
Firing Martz - - needed to be done. We have one of the best TE's in the game, Martz system would have had him blocking all game, not to mention we didn't have any personal to fit his system, ie, fast and shifty receivers or a QB who's accurate on timing routes, so not a meltdown/knee jerk symptom or reaction.
Benching Hill for Smith - not a meltdown/knee jerk
Getting O'Donnel re-located off of his show all he was trying to do was set him up to look good, and Singletary Clearly didn't recognize it - not a meltdown/knee jerk, was a stupid question. better yet, a ridiculous question. Pretty much the consensus from the rest of the SF media agrees that it was a ridiculous question.
Saying Rayes job is safe - not a meltdown/knee jerk. what was he supposed to say? "Raye's job is on the line...shhhh.don't tell him I said that." You can't throw your staff under the bus by announcing to the media that their jobs are over or on the line.
Firing Raye - needed to be done, not a meltdown/knee jerk. I think Raye's results and career show that this was past due.
Arguing with Smith on the Sidelines - I'll let you have this one, although I think it needed to be done. All this organization has done is coddle Alex Smith like a child.
Not handling the medias questions in various KNBR interviews the way a headcoach should - are you referring to the clowns mac & murph who asked stupid questions on KNBR every Monday morning? I listen to these every week and have yet to hear anything that sounds like someone on the break of losing it or snapping. More or less irritation with these 2 clowns.
Arguing with Officials when he said the #1 thing he learned as a head coach is no matter how much you argue with officials, they'll never change their mind - show me a coach that doesn't argue with officials.

[ Edited by Hollywood on Oct 20, 2010 at 15:26:55 ]
Share 49ersWebzone