There are 237 users in the forums

Matt Barrows opinion "If the 49ers don't make the playoffs I think he's gone.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
harbaugh gruden cowher could all be canadits for our hc if it happens but in the order
meh, that's obvious. The question to me would be: if we win the division at 7-9 or 8-8 and make the playoffs, is that enough?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
meh, that's obvious. The question to me would be: if we win the division at 7-9 or 8-8 and make the playoffs, is that enough?

thats the scary reality.
why do we have to wait till we are eliminated from the playoffs????

we have a talented team...if Sing wants to be stubborn with this personnel decisions then get rid of him now...let some one else take over, who cares about his job enough to not take no sh1t from the players who are not doing their job on a consistent, a message.

I still believe in this season....F'Singletary if he wants to waste it on trying to "see" if Alex will come around.

WTF
I can't wait for our annual run of several wins once we're already out of contention and they are meaningless, pushing us further away from being able to draft a franchise QB, meanwhile Sing gets a standing ovation from everyone for "turning the season around" and is brought back for more of the same just like every year since 2005.

When does this s**t end?
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Mister49:
9-7 and division title.......BOOK IT!

you can do that, but it would be a fiction book......

and be found under Fantasy and Role Playing.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

thats the scary reality.

it is scary, a little bit. I guess, for me, a lot depends on the manner of the wins. If we go 8-4 the rest of the year, don't get blown out in any of the losses, and the team is truly exciting to watch, prepared, and Sing shows at least a little improvement as a HC, I wouldn't have a problem with him staying around.

If we stumble and luck our way towards a 7-5 record the rest of the way, i see no reason to not fire him.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Mister49:
9-7 and division title.......BOOK IT!

you can do that, but it would be a fiction book......

lol'd

Not really this is the same organization or owner that gave Nolan a second chance after he f#cked up our season in 2007. I am not gonna be surprised if Sing is still here. But it seems lately the ownership is stepping on the right direction on taking off all the pile off trash in the organization. Like the drunk @ss Mcchouglhan brothers, old fart raye, Michael the headache lewis. Hopefully we make it but if we don't I hope sing gets fired and lets get a real head coach that knows his stuff.
Hope not, I still believe that Mike Sing has what it takes to get the job done, he just needs to find replacements for the broken pieces.

I don't see why people think this team can win later in the season based on what we have already seen.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I can't wait for our annual run of several wins once we're already out of contention and they are meaningless, pushing us further away from being able to draft a franchise QB, meanwhile Sing gets a standing ovation from everyone for "turning the season around" and is brought back for more of the same just like every year since 2005.

When does this s**t end?

Not as long as the Yorks own the team. I can see that scenario playing out again unfortunately.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I like Singletary as a person, just like I like Barry Zito as a person. Problem is, they both suck at their jobs and should be fired, unless we make the playoffs. I mean, what does he do exactly, besides tell people he's going to watch film? I could imagine him and Raye sleeping through the entire film session, waking up at the same time, and creating the gameplan by looking at each other and saying, "So, Gore up the middle again? Yup."

Does Singletary really coach? All he does is yell and pull down his pants it seems like. The problem I see is that he needs to surround himself with great coordinators in order to be successful. He doesn't know Xs and Os. So why have him around? Besides, even when you do get a good coordinator, they leave and eventually become coaches, so one day, Singletary will have to get new coordinators, and if he makes the wrong choice, it's back to looking like a monkey again. If we don't make it, bye bye Singletary.
I'm beginning to wonder now if Sing wants to get fired at this point, cause:

1. If Sing gets fired he gets to keep the 5 million dollars left on his contract going into 2011-2012 (s**tty coaches rely upon firings so they can keep the money and use it to figure out what to do with their families during unemployment/moves to the next job).

2. If Sing steps down he'll look like a quitter, and he'll actually have to admit fault.

Singletary knows his dream is dying (and that he's in over his head), so he's gonna do what's best for his family by doing whatever it takes to get fired (which means starting Alex Smith for the rest of the season).
  • Brew
  • Veteran
could be gone midseason if he keeps his circus act up.
Share 49ersWebzone