There are 205 users in the forums

Do you believe in bad luck?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Note: Something interesting came out of a casual conversation with punter Andy Lee this week. We were talking about Saints kicker Garrett Hartley who hooked a 27-yard field goal that could have beat the Falcons in overtime last Sunday. Lee said he thought Hartley did the same thing in his game-winner in week two over the 49ers, but that defensive tackle Ray McDonald re-directed the ball through the uprights when he got a hand on the kick. "I can't tell you for sure," Lee said, "but looking at the film, he might have hooked it."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=73704#ixzz11G8btCI6
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Mmmm.... philosophy on a football forum?

I believe in suck.
Bad luck? No.

Andrew Luck? HELL YEAH!!!!
the only luck i believe in is Andrew Luck!!! and singletary is doing his best to make sure he gets him for our next coach!!!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Mmmm.... philosophy on a football forum?

I believe in suck.
[ Edited by ajl49sf on Oct 2, 2010 at 7:50 PM ]
They said it on the Radio when I was leaving the stadium. They called it minutes after the kick, that it "appeared" to be going wide.

But footballs a game of inches I guess...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the only luck i believe in is Andrew Luck!!! and singletary is doing his best to make sure he gets him for our next coach!!!

All of you guys who want Luck... what if he doesn't declare? Plus, I just don't see how we end up with the #1 pick.

And Kilgore, I have had bad luck my whole life so yes. Still, we wasted opportunities and had too many turnovers. 5 turnovers against the defending SB champs, we where lucky to be in it. If it was in NO (no wind) it probably would have been a blow out.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:30 AM ]
Luck, would be getting Andrew Luck with a pick other than the #1.

First, he needs to declred for the draft.

Second, we need to keep losing badly, which seems doable until the current standards.

Third, the record would have to be worst than the Bills who suck and are in desperate need of a QB.
No, I don't believe in luck.
I dont believe in luck but I tell you what im starting to believe this team is cursed. I guess Walsh or Eddie D made a deal with the devil or something.

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I dont believe in luck but I tell you what im starting to believe this team is cursed. I guess Walsh or Eddie D made a deal with the devil or something.

No curse, just crummy decision making. If you call it a curse, then it takes the responsibility away from the bad decision makers.
this^^
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

No curse, just crummy decision making. If you call it a curse, then it takes the responsibility away from the bad decision makers.

Absolutely
Nah. We are just a poor run organization. With the right management in here we could win.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
If this turns into an Andrew Luck thread it's gonna be locked.
Share 49ersWebzone