There are 166 users in the forums

Singletary Pseudo Head Coach?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is obvious that he has been compromised. Twice in one week his actions contradicted his words. I’m not a huge fan of Raye, but as he stated he was doing what he was told to do and Singletary even agreed with his play calling when he ran the ball even though down by three scores. When asked if Raye would still be the team’s OC, he said yes, but fired him the next day. Then you have Lewis. He is considered a highly respected veteran on this team and was again told that his role would not change; only to learn otherwise; which resulted in his departure. His agent says there are too many voices and that Lewis does not know who and what to believe. When Vick was available, Sing put together his offensive staff with acquiring Vick in mind. Make no doubts about it, if it was Singletary’s decision to get Vick, he would be a 49er today.

Unfortunately, I do not feel bad for Singletary because he allowed the situation to compromise his integrity. A few years ago, Doc Rivers was offered a position as GM with the Milwaukee Bucks and he turned it down because he would not accept a position where he would be held responsible but did not have the authority to do what was necessary to win. Singletary is now in that situation. He does not control his staff or his roster; but unlike Doc, he did not hold true to his conviction. Doc Rivers has since been to two championships and won one. Singletary is close to blowing his coaching career. He should get some balls and either coach or quit.
I'm not sure why anybody would want this position. The ownership puts you in position to fail.
The natives are officially restless.
IBTM
More like psycho coach.
I blame Obama.
Matt Barrows talks about Lewis not wanting to be on the team anymore because he doesn't know who to trust. No one does. Singletary has compromised the whole team. Different leaks come out every week that the HC denies because he has no control then is blind sided when they turn out to be true. The players are the ones hurt because no one in the building who makes any kind of decisions is on the same page.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Oct 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Matt Barrows talks about Lewis not wanting to be on the team anymore because he doesn't know who to trust. No one does. Singletary has compromised the whole team. Different leaks come out every week that the HC denies because he has no control then is blind sided when they turn out to be true. The players are the ones hurt because no one in the building who makes any kind of decisions is on the same page.

It's a football team, not the FBI. His oft-injured ass is lucky to even be playing, much less starting. This Lewis thing really pisses me off.
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

It's a football team, not the FBI. His oft-injured ass is lucky to even be playing, much less starting. This Lewis thing really pisses me off.

Then the coaching staff need to stand up and tell him his time is done. Nothing is more disrespectful to a player especially a Vet than to have a story leak to the media about you about to be benched, and then the coaching staff giving you different stories throughout the week.

Like Sing said after the "Rat" week. If you have something to say, be honest. Don't say there wont be changes to the starting line up if you are going to let a vet play the first series and the pull him, because thats not only lying but being disrespectful too.

If it's true, then it's going to be a very sad time to be a 49er fan.

This rebuilding process that we started in 2005 has its core players entering the prime of their careers right now. This season and the next 3 years SHOULD be the time when we're making a run. If things don't turn around this season, I can see Singletary being fired and the process starts all over. And when the process starts over, normally the core of the team is let go over time and we start the whole process over.
Originally posted by susweel:
More like psycho coach.

Took the words from my mouth.
Share 49ersWebzone