There are 297 users in the forums

Man...I love our 49ers....but

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
I literally have never turned off a niners game that wasn't over until last week... THE CHIEFS!?!?

First time for me was during the 4th quarter of the opener. I couldn't make it past the thrid last week. I remember thinking I don't think I could watch a Jimmie Raye offense even one more time. Thankfully, fall guy or not, I won't have to.

Me too. I have watched every second of every game until this years opener. Even when we went 2-14 and were getting destroyed by teams, I watched every single play until the final whistle... but this year I just couldn't handle it anymore and turned the game off in the 4th quarter of the seahawks and chiefs game. I just couldn't handle it.. We had such high expectations going into this year and we come out and suck that bad. I went to sleep for the rest of the day after turning off the chiefs game.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
I literally have never turned off a niners game that wasn't over until last week... THE CHIEFS!?!?

First time for me was during the 4th quarter of the opener. I couldn't make it past the thrid last week. I remember thinking I don't think I could watch a Jimmie Raye offense even one more time. Thankfully, fall guy or not, I won't have to.

Me too. I have watched every second of every game until this years opener. Even when we went 2-14 and were getting destroyed by teams, I watched every single play until the final whistle... but this year I just couldn't handle it anymore and turned the game off in the 4th quarter of the seahawks and chiefs game. I just couldn't handle it.. We had such high expectations going into this year and we come out and suck that bad. I went to sleep for the rest of the day after turning off the chiefs game.

This is what I did when we lost to the Vikings last year. lol
Same as above, I will usually watch all games from start to finish. But the Seattle game I turned off in the 4th quarter. I had too much stress from school and I couldn't handle that being added with the depression of watching the 49ers just getting blown out.

I did watch all of the Chief's game though.

-9fA
Originally posted by Jabuke:
I watch...every...second...of every...game.

This!!!!!! But I was at the Chiefs game last Sunday. Trust me the second half was Worse in person...
I usually watch at a sports bar. All the other fans and waitresses come over and offer their condolences. They're probably thinking what a dumbass he is for following this so-called NFL team.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
I usually watch at a sports bar. All the other fans and waitresses come over and offer their condolences. They're probably thinking what a dumbass he is for following this so-called NFL team.

What hurts is that they have to start consoling you early in the third quarter. It is good for the bar though. Nothing to do at that point but to give the bartender your keys and start drinking very heavily.
I turned off the Chiefs game when Raye called three straight run plays to Gore at the end of the 3rd, early 4th quarters and we were down 21 FREAKING points. Just couldnt take it anymore.

People at the bars I go to just feel sad or you or laugh at you if you have 49ers gear on. We are an absolute joke around the league.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

People at the bars I go to just feel sad or you or laugh at you if you have 49ers gear on. We are an absolute joke around the league.

same here but the bar is the only place for me to watch (legally). I guess i will do the internet thing for a while maybe. save me some money on bear and bar food...lol.
Originally posted by brucesf49:

same here but the bar is the only place for me to watch (legally). I guess i will do the internet thing for a while maybe. save me some money on bear and bar food...lol.

Where are you located?

I've watched every single play of this season and since the 2001 season when i became a fan of the niners.

So far i've had to replace 6 televisions, 6 remote controllers, 3 tables, 2 dogs, and 2 girlfriends.
I keep it on even though there are much more productive things I could be doing. The only game I've shut off in recent memory was when JTO's interception show had gone into overdrive in NY.

When you suck for so long no one really hates you. You must actually win for someone to hate you. So it's mostly sympathy now. I'm usually the most vocal person in there. Always shouting "what the f*ck Singletary" or "god you suck Alex". It's like cocaine. You know it's bad for your health but you always keep going back.

When you suck for so long no one really hates you. You must actually win for someone to hate you. So it's mostly sympathy now. I'm usually the most vocal person in there. Always shouting "what the f*ck Singletary" or "god you suck Alex". It's like cocaine. You know it's bad for your health but you always keep going back.

LOL. I don't know why I keep going every week to the sports bar. I guess I feel like I would miss them. Even though I know it will be ugly and it will be a whoppin week in and week out. I guess I like the food and beers + a day out which is fun. But I know the games will be ugly most every week.
Originally posted by MILFS:
I've watched every single play of this season and since the 2001 season when i became a fan of the niners.

So far i've had to replace 6 televisions, 6 remote controllers, 3 tables, 2 dogs, and 2 girlfriends.

My moment of clarity came when I picked up the trash can in the kitchen and threw it against the wall.
Share 49ersWebzone