LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 223 users in the forums

Hypothetically! If Steve Young (prime) was QB now how far you think we could go?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With current staff Singletary and Raye Offense along with our current players.

Do you think this team right now with a Steve Young in his prime, would go how far?

Would we be that much better? 12 win team?

Superbowl?
NFC championship?
Wild Card?
Raye as OC would be our demise?

Would this Oline be able to protect Young and make him the H.O.F he is too?

I been wondering this question.

I think we would reach NFC championship, cuz I saw Steve single handely won games for us through grit n might when our O-Line was hurt n horrible.
Doesn't matter who is at qb, if the position players don't hold on to the ball, and the defense doesn't make the crucial stop, it makes it difficult to win.

That said, we would be 1-1 right now at least and probably a 10-11 win team.
Let's focus on real stuff and not hypotheticals. Hypotheticals can drive a man insane.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Doesn't matter who is at qb, if the position players don't hold on to the ball, and the defense doesn't make the crucial stop, it makes it difficult to win.

The 1991 49ers made a lot of mistakes (averaging 2 turnovers per game) and missed the playoffs altogether despite Young having a great year statistically.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:

The 1991 49ers made a lot of mistakes (averaging 2 turnovers per game) and missed the playoffs altogether despite Young having a great year statistically.

Yes they were 10-6, considered a "bad" 49er team for that era. Now if the 49ers were 10-6, we would be jumping for joy, my how things have changed.
what's the point of this?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
super bowl
Superbowl. It's like putting Young on the monetize Dallas team behind that OLine. Yes, I think this line is almost there.

If it doesn't get there, then NFC Championship because thats about all Young could do without a Deon Sanders.
Maybe not quite as far as they would if they hypothetically had Joe Montana.

Forget it. The Anti-Smiths have to have something to bish about. I give up, the ignorance on this board about the game is too much for me to overcome. No matter how much it's explained, they don't get that Football is a team sport and that everyone has to do their part.

Hell even Bam Bam is sticking up for the guy. But I guess Bam Bam is a neanderthal and doesn't understand that the QB is bringing the whole team down.

~Ceadder

• titan
  • Veteran
SB no doubt!
Super Bowl victory...absolutely no doubt in my mind.
Steve young was one of the most accurate qbs in nfl history... enuf said
Thanks for ya input guys!

Just to be clear, Im not doing to bash A.Smith.

Just wanted to see if with this current team, if we had a H.O.F caliber Qb how far we can go.

i would use Brady, Bress whoever today. Wish we went after Brees as a F.A that year, i really wanted him even after only one great year at SD.

I chose Steve cuz he was a 49ers and a fave of mine.

Thats all, hypothetically speaking. Nothing more!!!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Superbowl. It's like putting Young on the monetize Dallas team behind that OLine. Yes, I think this line is almost there.

If it doesn't get there, then NFC Championship because thats about all Young could do without a Deon Sanders.

cuz young was playing defense right?
Share 49ersWebzone