LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 233 users in the forums

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
If the Raiders wanted a deep threat they should have drafted Jeremy Maclin.

DHB is hot garbage.

DHB wasn't even a top-5 WR in the draft. He was a 2nd-round talent at best. The raiders have been the dumbest team on draft day for many years.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
If the Raiders wanted a deep threat they should have drafted Jeremy Maclin.

DHB is hot garbage.

DHB wasn't even a top-5 WR in the draft. He was a 2nd-round talent at best. The raiders have been the dumbest team on draft day for many years.

They had a pretty solid draft this year.
Hayward-Bay is Ted Ginn Jr. but not as good and he doesn't return kicks.
Crabtree should get a ton of looks per game. he has made mistakes but he is a dynamic player. smith was throwing pics long before crabtree got there. dhb comparison is a joke. comparing crabtree to nicks is crazy as well. nicks has eli manning throwing to him. we have soon to be cut alex smith.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Crabtree should get a ton of looks per game. he has made mistakes but he is a dynamic player. smith was throwing pics long before crabtree got there. dhb comparison is a joke. comparing crabtree to nicks is crazy as well. nicks has eli manning throwing to him. we have soon to be cut alex smith.

Eli Manning? I'll take Smith over him as well. It is sad that so many football fans can't understand what it takes for a QB to succeed. Having a bad coach, a bad o-line, and bad receivers makes the job way harder than it already is. With that said, Smith still gutted it out yesterday. Eli Manning would have gotten wiped.

This thread is a joke. DHB's career numbers might not be as good as Crabtree's best season.

As for Nicks. Got to NFL.com and compare Manning's stats to Smith's. And Manning actually has an O-Line. The Crabtree vs Nicks convo isn't as crazy as you think.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Eli Manning? I'll take Smith over him as well. It is sad that so many football fans can't understand what it takes for a QB to succeed. Having a bad coach, a bad o-line, and bad receivers makes the job way harder than it already is. With that said, Smith still gutted it out yesterday. Eli Manning would have gotten wiped.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I'll take a Super Bowl MVP that lead his team to victory over an undefeated team any day over Alex. Is he Peyton? No, but better than what we have.

But this thread is about how Crabs is better than DHB. Because he is.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Yeah, I don't know about that. I'll take a Super Bowl MVP that lead his team to victory over an undefeated team any day over Alex. Is he Peyton? No, but better than what we have.

Manning didn't deserve the MVP, and he isn't the reason that team made it to the Super Bowl. Eli sucks and he gets wiped when his team doesn't carry him. As for Smith, he has never had a team that could carry him. He has played for a team where when he has his best game, he still loses. That speaks to the team, not Smith.

Oh lord? Tell me, when have you seen Eli Manning carry a team after getting chased down by opposing DEs and LBs and CBs and safeties all game long? If you can't find it, it is because it doesn't exist. Meanwhile, Smith did that yesterday.

Seriously, I hope Smith ends up on a good team and lights it up just to spite all the stupid fans that make up a huge part of the 49ers fanbase. The 12th man carries the Seahawks in Seattle, the 12th man sinks the 49ers in San Francisco. That is the truth. Having been to The Stick, and having all of my fears confirmed, I almost feel ashamed to be a 49er fan.

• Hopper
  • Veteran

Manning didn't deserve the MVP, and he isn't the reason that team made it to the Super Bowl. Eli sucks and he gets wiped when his team doesn't carry him. As for Smith, he has never had a team that could carry him. He has played for a team where when he has his best game, he still loses. That speaks to the team, not Smith.

Smith at his best will never pass for over 4000 yards or have a 2-1 TD and INT ratio like Manning has accomplished.

"As for Smith, he has never had a team that could carry him." lol enough said.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

This thread is a joke. DHB's career numbers might not be as good as Crabtree's best season.

As for Nicks. Got to NFL.com and compare Manning's stats to Smith's. And Manning actually has an O-Line. The Crabtree vs Nicks convo isn't as crazy as you think.

Hakeem Nicks is going to be a great receiver imo. But I think out of all these young receivers (Nicks, Crabs, heward bey, Maclin, Dez Bryant, Harvin, etc) Crabtree will be the best. He reminds me of Breylon Edwards, but with stickier hands
Some of you are overrating Eli Manning a little bit. Hes an average QB but he is surrounded with talent on his team and a great OL. I think hed be as productive as Alex Smith if he was on this team. Maybe even worse cause hes so used to having a great OL.

Eli Manning with a great OL (this year)
246.5 yards / game 10 TDs 8 INTs 4 fumbles (12 turnovers)

Alex Smith with the worst OL and coaching staff in the NFL
237.6 yards / game 8 TDs 9 INTs 3 Fumbles (12 turnovers)

Eli Manning is barely more productive than Alex Smith.
If Eli Manning was on this team he'd probably put up the same numbers as Alex.

[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Oct 18, 2010 at 13:37:53 ]

Smith at his best will never pass for over 4000 yards or have a 2-1 TD and INT ratio like Manning has accomplished.

"As for Smith, he has never had a team that could carry him." lol enough said.

If Smith was in Denver right now, he'd be achieving both of those things. I'm sorry you can't connect dots. Two years ago, would you have said Orton was going to be leading the league in passing? It is about the coaches and the supporting cast as much as it is about the QB. I know this, many fools don't.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
LOL, a thread about Crabtree gets hijacked into a Smith b*tchfest. Don't you guys get sick of talking about him? Good grief!
Share 49ersWebzone