LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

Singletary is putting his job on the line, and our season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Prior to hearing Singletary say, "We will stop Drew Brees", I thought we'd be okay even if we didn't win this coming Monday Night. But now things are different. Instead of showing us, he has told us. This prediction is not unlike his statement that we'd be in the playoffs last year. Unfortunately for us as fans, and our 49ers, that did not come to fruition. Should his latest prediction also fall short, I believe we will likely see the end of the Singletary Era before season's end.

What do you think Zoners? Are you upset about Singletary's comments? Are you pumped? Has confidence been restored? Faith lost? Personally, I feel like the wheels are coming off of the bus based on what happened this past Sunday and Singletary's behavior since. Clearly all is not well in San Francisco. I'm not exactly sure what is amiss, but it is something. Does Singletary regret hiring Raye? Keeping Smith as his QB? Laying an egg in Seattle? All three?

At this point, all I can say is I'm practically shocked. The surprises keep rolling in, but they're not the kind of surprises we want to see as fans. First we get our ass kicked in a game where we really should have dealt the ass-kicking, and now we're getting to witness our HC meltdown. And while some might believe our HC is simply melting down because of negative media press, I believe it is something more. Why? Because Singletary has always articulated that he doesn't care about the press.

Help!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I was a huge supporter, now I think he is a total clown.
it's a new record! the 100000 singletary thread!
idk rly

how would you feel if he came out said Drew Brees is gonna go for 500 yards on us with 4 touchdowns and a perfect passer rating and there is nothing we can do about it cause we suck weve always sucked we will continue to suck and all is lost because of how much we suck.

What would your post be than
Originally posted by 9erObsession:
idk rly

how would you feel if he came out said Drew Brees is gonna go for 500 yards on us with 4 touchdowns and a perfect passer rating and there is nothing we can do about it cause we suck weve always sucked we will continue to suck and all is lost because of how much we suck.

He didn't have to make either type of comment though. Besides Rex Ryan I'm not sure what other head coach has conducted themselves in this manner to the media.
Originally posted by Chief:
I was a huge supporter, now I think he is a total clown.

Unfortunately, I'm getting there as well.

Looks like I'm hopping on that Jim Harbaugh Hang Glider sooner than expected.
idk rly

Are those the only two options? No, they're not. And in turn, you asked a bad question. I would have rather had Singletary simply state that they're going to correct the problems from last week and play New Orleans to the best of their ability. I don't think talking down one of the best QBs in the NFL is wise, and I'm guessing Singletary already regrets his remarks.

[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Sep 16, 2010 at 21:07:04 ]
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
idk rly

Are those the only two options? No, they're not. And in turn, you asked a bad question. I would have rather Singletary simply state that we're going to correct the problems from last week and play New Orleans to the best of their ability. I don't think talking down one of the best QBs in the NFL is wise, and I'm guessing Singletary already regrets his remarks.

cosigned. He's putting his job on the line and if he keeps making guarantees and flopping he's gotta go. First off he's losing his team, 2nd this is f**king embarrassing as a fan. This is BS.
I get the feeling we're getting a little carried away here. Can someone point me toward a link to Sing's Namath-like guarantee?
idk rly

Are those the only two options? No, they're not. And in turn, you asked a bad question. I would have rather Singletary simply state that we're going to correct the problems from last week and play New Orleans to the best of their ability. I don't think talking down one of the best QBs in the NFL is wise, and I'm guessing Singletary already regrets his remarks.

I don't think Singletary is scared of Brees like the fans are. He probably likes the challenge.

idk rly

Are those the only two options? No, they're not. And in turn, you asked a bad question. I would have rather had Singletary simply state that they're going to correct the problems from last week and play New Orleans to the best of their ability. I don't think talking down one of the best QBs in the NFL is wise, and I'm guessing Singletary already regrets his remarks.

I don't think he does, he might if we get burned bad, but if we don't than he wont feel bad at all.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I get the feeling we're getting a little carried away here. Can someone point me toward a link to Sing's Namath-like guarantee?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=72527
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=72527

Thanks Kilgore.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by WestCoast:
it's a new record! the 100000 singletary thread!

Originally posted by niners94:
idk rly

I don't think Singletary is scared of Brees like the fans are. He probably likes the challenge.

I believe that to Singletary isn't chalking this game up as an Automatic Loss like a majority of our fan base is
Share 49ersWebzone