LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 154 users in the forums

What Happens When A Player Doesn't Understand Raye's Call?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thejackal25:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I don't think it's usually so much that he gets an incorrect call, it's that Johnson has to take a fairly long time deciphering what the hell Raye is actually trying to call so that it takes forever to reach Alex, for the most part anyways.

While reading that article, I got the notion that Raye sometimes calls plays from "memory," meaning that he calls what he thinks is the play he wants, but has a completely different name. If he sends the call down late, and it's the wrong name, what if Mike Johnson doesn't have enough time to decipher Raye's call? Eventually, Alex gets a call and they go to the line anyway, but if Johnson doesn't have time to decipher the nonsense Raye is delivering and has to tell Alex exactly what Raye told him, I'm thinking players go to the line of scrimmage not know what the hell they're suppose to be doing.

I'm thinking that's the case as well. Anyone else notice how often Alex is telling the TEs, WRs, and/or backs where to line up? Too often many of the players appear confused before the snap, which obviously does not bode well for the action that occurs after the snap.

If this is the case then Sing and Alex need to be fired because Sing has no idea when it happens and Alex has no balls to take ownership and realize Raye is a dumbass and Alex call his own play to later tell Sing that he aint letting his career end due to an incompetent OC.
This is who Raye reminds me of

[ Edited by HaiGuise on Sep 15, 2010 at 00:41:54 ]
Somewhere, a child cries..
It's not the players, it's QBC Johnson on the sidelines; he can't understand Raye's speech. Keep in mind this is after Raye and Sing discuss if it will be a run up the gut or 2yrd swing pass. Haaaaaaaaa! So the guy has a few seconds to understand the sleeper and get the paly to AS. Sad but true apparently.

Our Niners are so screwed by perhaps the worst Coaching staff in the NFL. There are no other teams out of all of them, who have issues with getting the play out in time consistently, none. And to think, Sing & Raye had all off season, OTA's & TC to get it right..

So if Johnson gets a garbled call he can't understand, it's no wonder the team looks confused, they are; BIG TIME.

Bleah, wait and see, more of the same. No way they can fix this in 6 days, and the pressure to score is going to be off the charts, and our DB's.. never mind.. equals=pressure to score.

GO NINERS!!! Crap the D & O should call their own plays, mutiny on Bill Walsh Field!! That's what I'm talkin about!!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Somewhere, a child cries..

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone