There are 178 users in the forums

Mike Singletary Postgame Press Pass (Video Page 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I never watched these before but i do want to hear what he has to say after this debacle, anyone ever watch these before and know where to go watch em at?

[ Edited by Ang on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:15:48 ]
Well, since there's a risk of him showing up with no pants on, they might decide not to show it.
the m & m tweets say he is very late for the presser, been 20+ minutes and hadnt shown up yet...team getting chewed out is my guess
Originally posted by ssahnan:
the m & m tweets say he is very late for the presser, been 20+ minutes and hadnt shown up yet...team getting chewed out is my guess

If that's the case we have a miserable coach.

He just as equally at fault as the individual players are. I hope Crabtree is getting ripped -- if his fragile psyche can take it.

[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Sep 12, 2010 at 16:54:41 ]
getting anti singletary myself...
  • RKab
  • Veteran
I think we were all just as frustrated and upset as Singletary was/is.

But we aren't the head coach of the football team. Was this an embarassment? Yes. Perhaps the most deflating loss in my mind since, well the last time we played in Seattle.

But - just to think outloud - Singletary basically fell apart at points on the sideline. Tearing the offense off the field on 4th down numerous times in the 4th quarter when if you wanted to compete you had to go for it. Was that appropriate or should he be able to keep it together and funnel this team back into the right direction?

A good coach needs to be able to take that wretched pile of crap Smith and co. laid and help them fight back.

I didn't see any fight today. I didn't see any pride. I saw a team that as soon as it got down it fell apart. And the coach became a comedy routine of upset faces on the sidelines.

This team showed no heart whatsoever and that, more than anything else is what scares me.

The problems with this team are the same ones we've known for years. Below average QB play (today was perhaps Smith's worst game in years), below average offensive line play and no pass rush.

I'm just sad now. I feel cheated.
Originally posted by RKab:

But we aren't the head coach of the football team. Was this an embarassment? Yes. Perhaps the most deflating loss in my mind since, well the last time we played in Seattle.

But - just to think outloud - Singletary basically fell apart at points on the sideline. Tearing the offense off the field on 4th down numerous times in the 4th quarter when if you wanted to compete you had to go for it. Was that appropriate or should he be able to keep it together and funnel this team back into the right direction?

A good coach needs to be able to take that wretched pile of crap Smith and co. laid and help them fight back.

I didn't see any fight today. I didn't see any pride. I saw a team that as soon as it got down it fell apart. And the coach became a comedy routine of upset faces on the sidelines.

This team showed no heart whatsoever and that, more than anything else is what scares me.

The problems with this team are the same ones we've known for years. Below average QB play (today was perhaps Smith's worst game in years), below average offensive line play and no pass rush.

Good post.
f**k jimmy raye not sing
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
I never watched these before but i do want to hear what he has to say after this debacle, anyone ever watch these before and know where to go watch em at?

channel 696 on directv, CSN Bay Area
Somebody needs to tell him to STFU

Let his players become leaders

The wooden cross is played out

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

He just as equally at fault as the individual players are. I hope Crabtree is getting ripped -- if his fragile psyche can take it.

What did Crabtree do wrong?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RKab:

Well, the Singletary honeymoon is definitely over now....now's the time to judge his coaching on its' merits.

He's supposed to be able to fire guys up (kind of like Carroll did with his guys today at Seattle), but we saw no fire, no emotion, and even worse no real effort. Just a a whole team going out like a bunch of b1tches.
Originally posted by Chief:

Dropped the pass that hit him square in the hands on the first int and ran the wrong route on the second int
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by golfing9er:

Dropped the pass that hit him square in the hands on the first int and ran the wrong route on the second int

Alex Smith sucks.

Read Lynch's blogs...read Sando...and even Tim Ryan mentioned it a couple times...

Basically Crabs ran the wrong route on both picks...and after the 2nd pick he was chewed out by Sullivan on the sideline.

Quote:
Comment: Can a wide receiver lose a game by himself? Michael Crabtree is trying. On radio, they are saying that Crabtree ran the wrong route that lead to the Trufant pick and score. Receivers coach Jerry Sullivan was all over Crabtree when he came to the sideline. Now, do you bench him?

Quote:
On KNBR, Rod Books said the delay was caused by who else? Crabtree. He was on the wrong side of the formation and by the time he got to the right spot, time expired.

These are from K. Lynch.
Share 49ersWebzone