LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 235 users in the forums

Our Wide outs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I always get over excited and think that this is the year ever off season, I haven't been too geeked up until a few minutes ago when I started thinking about our wide outs, and then bam, I was in to it, maybe this year is the year!

Ziggy is getting his traditional preseason love from the Webzoners. Morgan hasn't played much and is coming off a less then expected season. Crabtree is resting. Hill seems to be in the dog house.

Ted Ginn has to be the happiest guy in the clubhouse. I know we all think he was brought here to return kicks, Ted was told he was brought here to return kicks, but as a competitor the type of guy who has worked himself into the NFL you know Ginn never believed that he couldn't crack out starting line up.

I can't imagine him thinking, "well I guess I'm a bust of a first round pick I guess I'll just return kicks on .500 ball club" I'm sure when he heard he was coming to the 49ers, he checked out the competition and felt like he could start here. After watching him this preseason, I think he can, he looks like he will see a lot of action in 3 receiver sets.

If he regains his confidence and fits well n Rayes system, he can be quite valuable to us. Ginn has thrown some big blocks on run plays and that is huge with Sing. For the first time in long time I am not worried about our wide outs.

My prediction is Crabs and Josh as starters, with TG first off the bench, with Hill and Ziggy fighting for the scraps, unless Hill gets cut then Ziggy and Williams.

So lets think about this, Crabs, and Josh, with VD, Gore and Westbrook as a third and long package.

I like the sound of that....... f**k me lets the season begain!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

What does even mean? I'm talkin bout the Niners!!!!

wich is a good thing seeing as this is Ninertalk!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Sep 2, 2010 at 2:29 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

alright dude, calm down

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
Originally posted by BHulman:

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.
Originally posted by jreff22:

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.

I always get over excited and think that this is the year ever off season, I haven't been too geeked up until a few minutes ago when I started thinking about our wide outs, and then bam, I was in to it, maybe this year is the year!

Ziggy is getting his traditional preseason love from the Webzoners. Morgan hasn't played much and is coming off a less then expected season. Crabtree is resting. Hill seems to be in the dog house.

Ted Ginn has to be the happiest guy in the clubhouse. I know we all think he was brought here to return kicks, Ted was told he was brought here to return kicks, but as a competitor the type of guy who has worked himself into the NFL you know Ginn never believed that he couldn't crack out starting line up.

I can't imagine him thinking, "well I guess I'm a bust of a first round pick I guess I'll just return kicks on .500 ball club" I'm sure when he heard he was coming to the 49ers, he checked out the competition and felt like he could start here. After watching him this preseason, I think he can, he looks like he will see a lot of action in 3 receiver sets.

If he regains his confidence and fits well n Rayes system, he can be quite valuable to us. Ginn has thrown some big blocks on run plays and that is huge with Sing. For the first time in long time I am not worried about our wide outs.

My prediction is Crabs and Josh as starters, with TG first off the bench, with Hill and Ziggy fighting for the scraps, unless Hill gets cut then Ziggy and Williams.

So lets think about this, Crabs, and Josh, with VD, Gore and Westbrook as a third and long package.

I like the sound of that....... f**k me lets the season begain!

We'll have to see as the season plays out... It could be a bad thing that a guy that got DasBoot from another team comes in here and is easily our 3rd WR... Could we really be that bad or is it that they gave up on Ginn too early and no other team was smart enough to give up more than a 5th round pick for his services?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by jreff22:

alright dude, calm down

That's fly.

Jimmy Raye

Crabtree IMO is going to become a superstar this year. He and Davis are our real pass receiving threats along w/the occasional throw to the RBs. Morgan needs to show me something this year or guys like Ginn/Williams/Zeigler may have a chance to unseat him as a starter. As for now Ginn drops too many passes for my liking.
Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziegler
Crabtree needs to get his A** on the field. Davis needs to carry on what he started last year. Morgan needs to step up his game big time as he disappears easily. Ginn and Walker need to catch the damn ball!
Originally posted by matt49er:
Crabtree IMO is going to become a superstar this year. He and Davis are our real pass receiving threats along w/the occasional throw to the RBs. Morgan needs to show me something this year or guys like Ginn/Williams/Zeigler may have a chance to unseat him as a starter. As for now Ginn drops too many passes for my liking.

Agreed, I think Crabs will break out this year, and become a guy who draws double teams. If a team has a 'Lock down" corner, Crabs will get that guy, who ever plays opposite him is in for a big season. J Morgan will be that guy.

I agree that Ginn is dropping passes, all our WR's are a little butterfingered, but he has looked MUCH improved over his Miami days. Some times the change of scenery does a player good, he hears what he needs to hear from his new coaches, the style of play matches his abilities better, the reads make more sense what ever the reason TG looks more like the kid taken in the 1st round and less like the bum the fish traded away! If he continues to improve and returns to the form he had in collage.....
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziegler

Looks okay, but man you show no love for Hill and some disrespect for Ziggy!
Share 49ersWebzone