There are 280 users in the forums

49ers at Raiders Preseason Game 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BSacamano:
This is usually the game where the starters play the most, right?

yup
Originally posted by mayo63:
Go, Niners, go!

Can I spread you on a slice of wheat bread?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
we have to bust out the big guns for this one: vd, crabdaddy, and at least westbrook for a few series. give them a little sneak peak for the ass whooping they will receive during the regular season.

Hell yea! I want to see what are starters can do.
Skinny_Post

The coach says it's possible Frank Gore will play vs. Raiders: "This line hasn't had the opportunity to feel the quickness of Frank."

mattbarrows

Singletary coy about playing time Sat vs. OAK. Said "it's possible" Gore will play. V Davis and Crabtree likely will practice this week ...

Skinny_Post

Will Nate Davis get early reps at QB again vs. Raiders? Singletary: "I don't know yet."
Hey Raiders fan here,

I don't expect too much in this game and it will probably be very vanilla.. I suppose because most teams don't want to show their hand due to the later meeting in the reg. season.

Even with the loss of Coffee the Niners still present a good power running game and I expect them to run hard at the Raiders line to test their mettle. Which in turn will be a good test for the Raiders D-Line. I look forward to a true test going against a stout Niners O -Line with lots of beef.

On that note, I think the Raiders can bring some pressure on the QB with this unit as the Niners O-Line leaves some to be desired in pass protection.

Another good matchup is whoever will be on Vernon Davis. I'm sure the Niners will try to exploit any matchup in this area especially if Huff is on top of him because there is a physical advantage in Davis' favor. I expect the Raiders to try and keep Wimbley out in coverage on Davis.

Another interesting matchup will be Crabtree vs Whoever... Not sure if the Raiders will rotate Asmougha as they had said they will this season. I'm sure the Niners will motion Crabtree to the opposite side of the field often if they decide to use Nanmdi in the traditional "take away one half of the field" fashion. If the Raiders choose to let Nnamdi shadow Crabtree I don't expect much problems from the Niners passing game.

On the offensive side of the ball, the Raiders will have a good test going against a pretty improved pass rush for the Niners and the Raiders O-Line is pretty pathetic.

Also, the Niners secondary should get some much needed practice to a pretty awful Raiders WR corps.

Good Luck and hats off to whoever gets the bragging rights!!

EDIT - just saw Vernon Davis to sit out rest of preseason...

That being said... Raiders could probably pull this one out!
[ Edited by SoulPatrol on Aug 24, 2010 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by SoulPatrol:
Hey Raiders fan here,

I don't expect too much in this game and it will probably be very vanilla.. I suppose because most teams don't want to show their hand due to the later meeting in the reg. season.

Even with the loss of Coffee the Niners still present a good power running game and I expect them to run hard at the Raiders line to test their mettle. Which in turn will be a good test for the Raiders D-Line. I look forward to a true test going against a stout Niners O -Line with lots of beef.

On that note, I think the Raiders can bring some pressure on the QB with this unit as the Niners O-Line leaves some to be desired in pass protection.

Another good matchup is whoever will be on Vernon Davis. I'm sure the Niners will try to exploit any matchup in this area especially if Huff is on top of him because there is a physical advantage in Davis' favor. I expect the Raiders to try and keep Wimbley out in coverage on Davis.

Another interesting matchup will be Crabtree vs Whoever... Not sure if the Raiders will rotate Asmougha as they had said they will this season. I'm sure the Niners will motion Crabtree to the opposite side of the field often if they decide to use Nanmdi in the traditional "take away one half of the field" fashion. If the Raiders choose to let Nnamdi shadow Crabtree I don't expect much problems from the Niners passing game.

On the offensive side of the ball, the Raiders will have a good test going against a pretty improved pass rush for the Niners and the Raiders O-Line is pretty pathetic.

Also, the Niners secondary should get some much needed practice to a pretty awful Raiders WR corps.

You could probably take everything you wrote and apply it to the regular season game rather than this game. I doubt we try to exploit any match ups this weekend and same with the raiders because we play you guys. Only thing is we might still try to run the ball if Frank plays. I dunno. The Raiders pass D looks pretty good though, so that kind of worries me.
Hey Raiders fan here,

Welcome to the board.... Good luck with your team and may it be an injury free game.

After that, we'll see you in Oct. where it will really count.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Hey Raiders fan here,

You could probably take everything you wrote and apply it to the regular season game rather than this game. I doubt we try to exploit any match ups this weekend and same with the raiders because we play you guys. Only thing is we might still try to run the ball if Frank plays. I dunno. The Raiders pass D looks pretty good though, so that kind of worries me.

who other than asomugha do the raiders have in their secondary??? if anything they have on their d is a solid dline and linebackers. if our oline locks down their dline and gives smith time he should be able to pick apart their d and the raiders have shown over the past few season that they cant stop the run and are prone to give up huge plays. oh and the raiders offensively against our d doesnt scare me 1 bit and i dont care if they replaced russell with campbell
i can't wait until we get to see crabtree vs. asomugha in the regular season. crabtree's flying way under the radar in that matchup.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Hey Raiders fan here,

who other than asomugha do the raiders have in their secondary??? if anything they have on their d is a solid dline and linebackers. if our oline locks down their dline and gives smith time he should be able to pick apart their d and the raiders have shown over the past few season that they cant stop the run and are prone to give up huge plays. oh and the raiders offensively against our d doesnt scare me 1 bit and i dont care if they replaced russell with campbell

There are definitely a lot of ?'s on the Raiders offense.. Starting with the O-Line, whether Michael Bush can be the power back they need and if McFadden can stay healthy.. IF he does I expect mcFadden to be a true weapon with the offense Hue Jackson has brought over. The raiders offense isn't scaring anybody, and rightfully so.

That being said.. In regards to the secondary.. Besides Aso, they have Tyvon Branch who should be a bell ringer in the NFL this season.. He was , IMO, a pro bowl snub. He played SS about as good as you can ask a guy to play it last year.

And Michael Huff, while nowhere near solidifying his #7 overall pick... he played very solid football last season. As well as a promising SS in Mike Mitchell who can really bring the lumber.

The weak link can be considered Stanford Routt or Chris Johnson opposite of Nnamdi. And if Routt wins the starting job he plays respectable ball with the sideline on his side as opposed to his traditional nickel spot.

And on the same token, whoever the WR's are.. it all falls on Alex Smith to deliver the ball.

i can't wait until we get to see crabtree vs. asomugha in the regular season. crabtree's flying way under the radar in that matchup.

It will be interesting! If Nnamdi is even matched up on him that is..

I am looking forward to seeing what Crabtree does this season.. he should have ben a Raider lol.. Al Davis was quite the fool.

I am looking forward to seeing what Crabtree does this season.. he should have ben a Raider lol.. Al Davis was quite the fool.

lol from what ive been hearing DHB is looking pretty good in camp though and i cant wait to see the NNamdo vs crabtree battle 2 doubt crabtree wins it but should still be very intresting
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

lol from what ive been hearing DHB is looking pretty good in camp though and i cant wait to see the NNamdo vs crabtree battle 2 doubt crabtree wins it but should still be very intresting

DHB will NEVER make anybody forget they passed up Crabtree.... bet on it.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

DHB will NEVER make anybody forget they passed up Crabtree.... bet on it.

lol of course i would im not saying DHB is gonna have a better year than crabtree and i dont think he will in his career (baring injuries) but if he looks at least decent you shouldnt feel as bad as u guy did last year
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
if the triplets play on offense this shouldn't be close

HOW? It's preseason. Dude yes the raiders suck but you need to give them credit. They beat Philly last year, which we couldn't beat. Didn't they beat Pit in Pit which isn't an easy task, and cinci.

it's preseason they might win who fkn cares.

LET'S BEAT THE s**t OUT OF THEM COME OCTOBER 17TH!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE GAME THAT MATTERS
Share 49ersWebzone