LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 326 users in the forums

Davis Just Aint REady......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
~ He had one long bomb.
~ Largely inconsitent the rest of the night with a lot of misses.
~ Face it his #'s were not as good as the WZ hype that you see.
~ He doesn't know the playbook.
~ He doesn't study or work hard in the offseason.

The guy is overhyped and overrated on the WZ IMO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ He had one long bomb.

Exactly, his arm strength is awesome and totally warrants some hype. But so did Kyle Boller's, Jamarcus Russell, etc.

But he isn't as accurate as people like to thing and his work ethic warrants a 'sit on the F'ing bench and learn the playbook!"

He seems to have "it" when plays break down (probably his own fault half the time), no he just needs to get "it" in the classroom.

Get it together Davis!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
~ He had one long bomb.

Exactly, his arm strength is awesome and totally warrants some hype. But so did Kyle Boller's, Jamarcus Russell, etc.

But he isn't as accurate as people like to thing and his work ethic warrants a 'sit on the F'ing bench and learn the playbook!"

He seems to have "it" when plays break down (probably his own fault half the time), no he just needs to get "it" in the classroom.

Get it together Davis!

Jamarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf had huge cannon arms. It doesn't always translate. IMO this guy has been largely inconsistent but he gets hype here on the WZ because people are used to noodle arm Shaun Hill (from the past) and Alex who doesn't have a weak arm but has been inconsistent.
Can we just stop and think about this for a second?

It was reported that Davis was at the facility all off season putting in work. It's possible that he went to the facility and just sat around, but considers this other option.

It's also very probable that he put in all the possible work that he could, but his learning disability has made it to difficult. When interview last night he said he thought he put in a lot of work, but that he guessed it wasn't enough. Sing just assumes he hasn't put in the work. What do you expect Davis to say, “I put in all the work I could, but I just couldn't grasp the scheme quick enough." For obvious reasons he is much better off to let people think he didn't put in enough work than he is to let people think he just doesn't have the capacity.

Just some food for thought...
2 things can be equally true.

1.) He's not ready
2.) AND, he has a lot of talent to be a legit QB in this league

I see some people writing him off after 2 quarters of pre-season football. I find it amusing how the Smith supporters go on and on about the many reasons why Smith (now in his 6th year) hasn't performed at a high level yet. They're willing to give him every single benefit of the doubt and continue to do so after 5 years of mediocrity.

But 2 quarters of average play and all of a sudden, Davis is a bum.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

It was reported that Davis was at the facility all off season putting in work. It's possible that he went to the facility and just sat around, but considers this other option.

It's also very probable that he put in all the possible work that he could, but his learning disability has made it to difficult. When interview last night he said he thought he put in a lot of work, but that he guessed it wasn't enough. Sing just assumes he hasn't put in the work. What do you expect Davis to say, “I put in all the work I could, but I just couldn't grasp the scheme quick enough." For obvious reasons he is much better off to let people think he didn't put in enough work than he is to let people think he just doesn't have the capacity.

Just an additional thought, Sing might be making this statement out of comparison to the other two QB's. As in Davis showed up for the off-season, but was there cause he had to be there and not cause he wanted to be there.

His learning ability isn't an excuse. Like one of the articles mentioned, if he can only learn visually then he damn well better be watching more film than Alex and David. He had all last season and this off-season to find a way to learn the playbook, and then work off of that. That's all on him, no one is gonna feel sorry for his dyslexia.
It's not like the NFL has the greatest minds out there, some are very smart, but I'm willing to bet the most common college degrees (in instances they finished college) were physical therapy, or communications. Yet those players are still learning playbooks and starting cause they committed themselves.

Just an additional thought, Sing might be making this statement out of comparison to the other two QB's. As in Davis showed up for the off-season, but was there cause he had to be there and not cause he wanted to be there.

His learning ability isn't an excuse. Like one of the articles mentioned, if he can only learn visually then he damn well better be watching more film than Alex and David. He had all last season and this off-season to find a way to learn the playbook, and then work off of that. That's all on him, no one is gonna feel sorry for his dyslexia.
It's not like the NFL has the greatest minds out there, some are very smart, but I'm willing to bet the most common college degrees (in instances they finished college) were physical therapy, or communications. Yet those players are still learning playbooks and starting cause they committed themselves.

I dont feel sorry for him, nor am I making excuses. I'm just saying it's possible his disability is at the root of the problem. If that is the case (which I dont know) he shouldn't be in the NFL. Thats life. I would love to be in the NFL, but I probably run a 6 second 40...
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:54 PM ]
[ Edited by redrathman on Aug 23, 2010 at 1:57 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
This article is written by a puppet writer trying to impress the 9er brass and not create a qb controversy.

I think Nate Davis has the highest upside of any QB on the niners roster. It is up to the coaching staff to work with him year around to make it happen.

Nate Davis reminds me of Jeff Garcia, (the last winning qb for the niners). He did not practice well, but he was a winner.

Puppet writter....?
Even the commentators were impressed with Nate, I dont understand this puppet including Sing

I dont feel sorry for him, nor am I making excuses. I'm just saying it's possible his disability is at the root of the problem. If that is the case (which I dont know) he shouldn't be in the NFL. Thats life. I would love to be in the NFL, but I probably run a 6 second 40...

Didn't mean to come off as accusatory, but yeah then we are on the same page.. unfortunately sometimes talent just ain't enough.

Everyone needs to leave Nate Davis alone. Let the dude learn at his own pace, if the Niners are willing to be patient. One thing I notice when he's on the field. He looks calm, smooth almost Braddy-sh. But let me stop right there. The only short term potential I see is at #2.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Everyone needs to leave Nate Davis alone. Let the dude learn at his own pace, if the Niners are willing to be patient. One thing I notice when he's on the field. He looks calm, smooth almost Braddy-sh. But let me stop right there. The only short term potential I see is at #2.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Funny. Like, really damn funny.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:

i have a new one.....

Natechnics - (Na`tech´nics) noun - those without technical knowledge of Nate Davis

based on the word atechnic

i have a new one.....

Natechnics - (Na`tech´nics) noun - those without technical knowledge of Nate Davis

based on the word atechnic

that
Share 49ersWebzone