LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

The Dawn of A New Era, and it feels great...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As a 30 year plus 49er fan, experiencing everything from "The Catch" and all 5 Superbowls, to the horrid memories of the likes of the Dennis Erickson and Nolan eras, waking up this morning it just FEELS like we are finally seeing the team that we ALL have been waiting to see, for far too many years.

The Lowest Point...

The Most Embarrassing

2003 7-9
2004 2-14
2005 4-12
2006 7-9
2007 5-11
2008 7-9

[b]Reggie McGrew

[/i]

Brandon Whiting[/i]

The Pride that carried me through...

Now here we stand on the verge of what will, WITHOUT DOUBT be a winning season and a year in which we will TAKE BACK the NFCW and return it to where it rightfully belongs.

How sweet it will be.

For the first time in his life, my 10 year old son, who has watched EVERY 49er game with me his entire life from birth, comprehending it since he was 5, looked up at me lastnight after Alex Smiths TD drive at the start of the game and said..."WOW Dad, the 49ers are finally going to be good this year"... For the first time in his life I didn't have to make some sorry assed excuse as to why the 49ers we losing or why we would lose because some player was hurt.

How GREAT that felt!!!

All I can say is...

The 49ers are F**KING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
I too feel we are on the verge of something great but all too often have the Niners spit in my face over the past several years. I approach the season with great anticipation but guarded optimism.

We have our best shot in 8 years to make some noise, but it is nothing more than an opportunity. We need to seize that opportunity and make it count when it matters.

Goooo Niners
The lowest point = TDon.
oh god those WERE some dark years!
we'll see.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

emember, It's always darkest....before Dawn
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i can see the light. i'm just hoping it truly is the dawn and not a freight train.
Nice post Dr. Niner -- and I hope it's true. After watching the rise of Joe Montana -- I'd love to see this resurrection happen all over again.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

emember, It's always darkest....before Dawn

Yes, she is a big girl.

Share 49ersWebzone