LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Jr. seeking rebirth with 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I picked Jerry Rice, bad pick?
in all fairness to ginn, those weren't exactly easy passes
Originally posted by WestCoast:

the passes he dropped in the Vikings game were catchable passes. that he dropped.
Only recently has Ginn taken on expectations of grandeur.

When he was brought in, people were happy to have a return man. Then it was a return man who can occasionally lift the top off of defenses to open things up for the other guys. Recently it's become an expectation of a reliable receiver.

I tend toward expecting a solid return man who can hopefully stretch the D, while I'd be satisfied with just a solid return man. Hoping for much more is just wishfull thinking.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Aug 23, 2010 at 2:34 AM ]
Boy he really drops a lot of passes. The speed is phenomenal. As good as anybody in the league. But can he catch on a consistent basis?
Originally posted by skynet907:

the passes he dropped in the Vikings game were catchable passes. that he dropped.

duh
Originally posted by jones49:
I don't know how he will pan out for us but it seems like he gives a s**t (unlike Coffee and Balmer)

Article

It's great that he give a sh&$t but he cant keep dropping balls like he did in the Viking preseason game
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I hope ginn can put it together, but it all still falls on the QB.

What?? Alex Smith and Nate Davis dropped those balls for him in the Vikings game?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he shouldve caught the AS pass although it was a little high

and the davis pass was pretty off very few people on our team would be able to catch that

yea it was a bit high but crabs would have caught it

Ted Ginn was hearing footsteps on that pass and all of a sudden got alligator arms
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
If anything he's an auto fix for last years return weakness. We would've probably used the 5th rounder for a question mark at the return spot.

BTW that Nate Davis drop looked alot like the VD AS drop last week.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Ginn will be fine come regular season.
Inconsistent, just like Davis. Drops and that beautiful catch running to grab Nate's bomb, a thing of beauty.

Still, he will have to be addressed in the opponent's defensive game plan. I really think that this year no more "eight in the box". If they do, they will be sorry.

'bout time too!
he even juggles the bomb from Davis
Ted Ginn JR. Sucks JR. Nuts

Real talk
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
he even juggles the bomb from Davis

and re-adjusted to catch it several times, it didn't look natural at all.
Share 49ersWebzone