Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Justin Fargas - watch it.

I thought he was signed by Seattle? No?

Denver.

-9fA
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
It's all good. We still have Gore, Dixon and Robinson. Probably even bring in someone else. WESTBROOK!???

He is concussion prone now. no thanks. i dont want a guy to come in take some of Gores touches. Gore is an excellent pass catcher and thats westbrook strong point. Just go find us a guy who can spell Gore from time to time

I hear you, but he may be a great change of pace back. Additionally he may be very motivated considering his other choices are the Rams with Steven Jackson ahead of him and the Redskins with Portis, LJ and maybe even Willie Parker ahead of him.

Who else are we going to get anyway?

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 13, 2010 at 11:24:51 ]
Maybe LaDell Betts?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Justin Fargas - watch it.

I thought he was signed by Seattle? No?

Denver.

-9fA

Sorry brain fart
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by ninertico:
WHAT THE f**kKKK

Coffee announces retirement.

R u serious? Really?

No way!!!

both matt's just said so

this is so weird, dude spent the whole offseason gaining weight to be better, then he gets pwned by balogun and decides he wants to retire?

who wants to jump on the trade for marshawn lynch bandwagon with me

Count me in! Go Bears!!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Say what you will all this does not look good. Shouldn't we be getting on a plane to Indianapolis by now?

Keep fighting the good fight, valrod.

Someone has to combat the bulls**tstorm of fan overreaction that is plaguing Niner Talk.

No word from 49ers or Glen Coffee's agent on why he is not here. That doesn't sound good.

-Maiocco Twitter

I guess he's over reacting too

Isn't that possible?

Isn't it possible that Coffee was injured on the last play MM saw, when Coffee got pancaked, so he's just sitting out a couple of practices, getting treatment?

What is it with all the chicken little reactions on Niner Talk with every single thing?

Oh, wait, its Niner Talk. nvm.

All that could be true but then why has the team not said so?

Maybe because he's just a backup and they haven't gotten around to addressing it yet?

Maybe cause Singletary's gonna have his usual presser at the end of practice and will address it then?

Maybe cause they're playing the usual games with injury reports that all NFL teams do?

Or maybe Coffee's actually gone off the reservation. Who knows, but why not wait and see, instead of all the useless hand wringing and speculation?

Hey no one is making you read or post in this thread. Let the rest of us who want to react or over react do it amongst ourselves. Some of you guys think you have all the answers.

Sez the guy who speculates that he has the answer, at least in this thread.

Everyone has a right to read and post here. And everyone's got the right to their opinion.

Don't get upset if someone politely questions yours as being, at least at present, based on speculation. That's part of the fun, isn't it?

No worries. Now we don't have to speculate.
I wonder if he "returns" from "retirement" and goes to another team.

-9fA
Originally posted by ninertico:
WHAT THE f**kKKK

Coffee announces retirement.

R u serious? Really?

No way!!!

both matt's just said so

this is so weird, dude spent the whole offseason gaining weight to be better, then he gets pwned by balogun and decides he wants to retire?

who wants to jump on the trade for marshawn lynch bandwagon with me

Count me in! Go Bears!!

We have some options it seems as LaDel is out there too. Both big backs fitting our style of RB.

All is not lost...

list of 2010 Free Agent RBs

Ladell Betts
Chris Brown
Ahman Green
Lamont Jordan
Jamal Lewis
Adrian Petersen
Gary Russell
Aaron Stecker
Brian Westbrook
Deshawn Wynn

-9fA

I bet he does. He's too young. How old is he? 23? He went to a good football program where you have to be passionate about it. Very strange. He gets rocked in practice and then retires. Did he get a concussion?

-9fA

I bet he does. He's too young. How old is he? 23? He went to a good football program where you have to be passionate about it. Very strange. He gets rocked in practice and then retires. Did he get a concussion?

Yeah if he got butt hurt over practice yesterday then he made this decision very quickly and will probably come back.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Say what you will all this does not look good. Shouldn't we be getting on a plane to Indianapolis by now?

Keep fighting the good fight, valrod.

Someone has to combat the bulls**tstorm of fan overreaction that is plaguing Niner Talk.

No word from 49ers or Glen Coffee's agent on why he is not here. That doesn't sound good.

-Maiocco Twitter

I guess he's over reacting too

Isn't that possible?

Isn't it possible that Coffee was injured on the last play MM saw, when Coffee got pancaked, so he's just sitting out a couple of practices, getting treatment?

What is it with all the chicken little reactions on Niner Talk with every single thing?

Oh, wait, its Niner Talk. nvm.

All that could be true but then why has the team not said so?

Maybe because he's just a backup and they haven't gotten around to addressing it yet?

Maybe cause Singletary's gonna have his usual presser at the end of practice and will address it then?

Maybe cause they're playing the usual games with injury reports that all NFL teams do?

Or maybe Coffee's actually gone off the reservation. Who knows, but why not wait and see, instead of all the useless hand wringing and speculation?

Hey no one is making you read or post in this thread. Let the rest of us who want to react or over react do it amongst ourselves. Some of you guys think you have all the answers.

Sez the guy who speculates that he has the answer, at least in this thread.

Everyone has a right to read and post here. And everyone's got the right to their opinion.

Don't get upset if someone politely questions yours as being, at least at present, based on speculation. That's part of the fun, isn't it?

No worries. Now we don't have to speculate.

Excellent point.

Now, I wonder who's gonna get picked up to take his place . . .
list of 2010 Free Agent RBs

Ladell Betts
Chris Brown
Ahman Green
Lamont Jordan
Jamal Lewis
Adrian Petersen
Gary Russell
Aaron Stecker
Brian Westbrook
Deshawn Wynn

I could see us going after Petersen or Stecker for some reason.
Share 49ersWebzone