There are 216 users in the forums

ANYTHING Jerry Rice Related.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry, but I think I gotta go with Jim Brown on this one.
Jerry Rice is the Greatest football player of all time, no disrespect to Jim Brown.

Although according to 49erwebzone's favorite, Peter King, Don Hutson is the best WR ever
jim brown and jerry rice are both tied for the greatest of all time
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
jim brown and jerry rice are both tied for the greatest of all time

.... I love Jerry Rice is the damn best and greatest of all time!!
Originally posted by OnYouLikeGlue:
Sorry, but I think I gotta go with Jim Brown on this one.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I miss watching him play. I love you Jerry your the greatest of all time.
goat
on chronicle live they just said that Bill Walsh taped something knowing that he wouldn't be around for Jerry's enshrinement, and that Jerry hasn't seen the video!
Originally posted by teeohh:
on chronicle live they just said that Bill Walsh taped something knowing that he wouldn't be around for Jerry's enshrinement, and that Jerry hasn't seen the video!

I like that Jerry ALWAYS showed up in big games, whether we lost or won. Didn't he tear up the Cowboys in the 92 and 93 playoff losses?

I see great receivers like Chad Johnson and Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss, but they don't dominate the BIG games like Jerry did. The only guy who I personally think shows up at big games is T.O.

In the 11th of his 20 seasons, Jerry Rice broke the NFL record for receptions (held by Art Monk) on Dec. 24, 1995, in Atlanta, ending that season with 942. Rice also set the season mark for receiving yards (1,848) in that game. His career total of 1,549 receptions is 447 ahead of second-place Marvin Harrison. As a measure of Rice's dominance, consider that the 39th player on the all-time list (Ozzie Newsome) is 440 behind Harrison
I didn't get to watch the HOF ceremony today because I was at work, but who was the last one to give his speech? Jerry or Emmitt?
Anyone got a good pic of Jerry and Bill together? i don't think I've ever seen one
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Anyone got a good pic of Jerry and Bill together? i don't think I've ever seen one

Anyone?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I like that Jerry ALWAYS showed up in big games, whether we lost or won. Didn't he tear up the Cowboys in the 92 and 93 playoff losses?

I see great receivers like Chad Johnson and Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss, but they don't dominate the BIG games like Jerry did. The only guy who I personally think shows up at big games is T.O.

Not only did he always show up in big games, Rice always showed up at practice. I remember watching a couple practices as a kid and wondering why it seemed he was the only player running to the endzone every catch he made and wondering why he did several push ups every time he didn't catch a ball the way he thought it should have been caught - of course, looking back, Rice just had an amazing work ethic. Then again, one wouldn't expect anything less from the GOAT.
Share 49ersWebzone