There are 149 users in the forums

I might get banned for this but....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If they're not in the Bay Area they're not the 49ers . . . and I'd be done as a fan.

this and i live in montana!
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Im with you daniel, im a die hard niner fan, but i stay in long beach...i would love to see the niners on a regular basis too, and whoever isnt a fan if we move to a new location isnt a real fan imo

no we're just saying F*** LA
If the Niners move to LA they leave the legacy in SF. SF is the city, thats our team, those are our championships. They can leave, but they better change their name.

They'll be just another whore NFL team (Raiders,Rams) to try and make it in the crappy non-football city known as LA.

P.S. its the SF 49ers. SF is part of the name since 49 is a referance to the Gold Rush which happened in our neighbor! Maybe if they leave they can call themselves the LA Hollywooders or LA Superstars.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 28, 2010 at 8:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If the Niners move to LA they leave the legacy in SF. SF is the city, thats our team, those are our championships. They can leave, but they better change their name.

They'll be just another whore NFL team (Raiders,Rams) to try and make it in the crappy non-football city known as LA.

P.S. its the SF 49ers. SF is part of the name since 49 is a referance to the Gold Rush which happened in our neighbor! Maybe if they leave they can call themselves the LA Hollywooders or LA Superstars.

Good point. The name represents the city they represent. So the 49ers are called that because SF is a city 49 miles wide that was part of the Gold Rush in 1849 and going with that train of thought, I think the name that works best if they move that has a lot of meaning would be the "LA Phonies".

With all the fake titties and fake silicone injected booty cheeks and the fake people who are all either actors or aspiring writers, yet they work at Starbucks, Pink's Hot Dogs or In 'n' Out Burger, "Phonies" best describes the area. Regardless the trophies, name and colors stay up north if they did move.

And no, if they moved even with the same roster, I wont root for them. Once you leave the area and become tarnished with the scumbag douchness that is LA, you lose the support. Fucck LA, all day long and twice on Sunday.
f**k LA
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

Good point. The name represents the city they represent. So the 49ers are called that because SF is a city 49 miles wide that was part of the Gold Rush in 1849 and going with that train of thought, I think the name that works best if they move that has a lot of meaning would be the "LA Phonies".

With all the fake titties and fake silicone injected booty cheeks and the fake people who are all either actors or aspiring writers, yet they work at Starbucks, Pink's Hot Dogs or In 'n' Out Burger, "Phonies" best describes the area. Regardless the trophies, name and colors stay up north if they did move.

Just like when the New Orleans Jazz moved to Utah? Seriously, do they even allow Jazz music in that state? lol
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:

Just like when the New Orleans Jazz moved to Utah? Seriously, do they even allow Jazz music in that state? lol

I didn't know that.

-9fA
  • tap11
  • Veteran
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Im with you daniel, im a die hard niner fan, but i stay in long beach...i would love to see the niners on a regular basis too, and whoever isnt a fan if we move to a new location isnt a real fan imo

Agreed! Thats just ridiculous, IMO. I'm a 49ers fan no matter where they play.

Or not. I've been a fan since 1978 (6 yrs old) when my dad took me to my first game. I was there for "The Catch," and numerous other great games. I never miss a game, though now I am forced to watch on Directv (hard to go to games when you live in the deep south).

If the the 49ers moved to LA I would not only abandon them, I would hate them. I shall never root for a team from LA, nor will I allow their hats ,jerseys, etc. to be worn in my house.
I live in SoCal. If the 49ers came to LA, i wouldn't mind.

I would like them to be called The California 49ers.

sure they have history in San Francisco, but they only spend 8 games there, the rest of the time is in Santa Clara.(Read that somewhere, if im wrong, correct me.)

If the 49ers win a SB in LA, you guys won't celebrate?

i would, im only 20. I never had the oppurtunity to really enjoy success from the 49ers.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
it wouldnt be the players fault that they were moved. id still support them.

With a broken-heart. I just recently saw the ESPN 30 on 30 which show how Irsay's sneaking out of Baltimore devasted the Colt fans. I have always had sympathy for the people of Brooklyn and the effect that the Dodgers move had on them. Sports is definately a business (and it can be a very cold business) but it is one that depends on the emotional attachment of its fans. For most of us, that attachment is tied to locale.

I doubt many former Colt fans root for Indy or Cleveland fans for Baltimore. I think a lot of Brooklyn (and New York Giant fans for that matter) quickly turned to the Mets instead of keeping their old alligence. Why? Becase for a lot of us our love for our team is tied to place.

Not for everybody. Not everyone is lucky enough to be in an area that has ties to a pro football team and by grace you became Niner fans. I currently live in Alabama and pro football is a very distance second to college football here. But I grew up in the Bay Area and grew up loving the San Francisco 49ers. Anything else would not be the same for me. I doubt I could support the LA 49ers or whatever they would call themselves (the Lakers didn't think to change their name - not a whole lot of lakes in the greater LA area). I might try but it would be half-hearted. Who am I kidding? Would I love Patrick Willis? Yes. Would I love the LA 49ers? No. If that means I am not a true fan then so be it.

I'm sorry... They move the 49ers to L.A., that ends my Niner fan days.... Hopefully if they did move, they would not be able to take the 49er legacy with them and they'd have to change everything ala Cleveland Browns to Baltimore Ravens.. Then S.F. get's an expansion bid, and either Eddie D Returns or Larry Ellison of Oracle takes on ownership.. Or the Young, Jones, Barton group thing... What?!?!?! One can dream! lol!!!

actually sf is only 7 miles wide and about 7 miles long therefore you get approximately 49 sq. miles
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by foamingatdamouth:
The Niners aren't moving to L.A., because fickle Southern Cal folks won't provide strong enough attendance or shell out dough for PSLs when they have other competing interests.

If any team were to move to L.A., it'd be the Rams or Raiders.

It remains to be seen as to whether we'll fill the seats. I'm sure we will for the first couple of seasons but who knows after that. The new stadium situation down here as already been taken care of. They just have to get a team, which makes me even more frustrated that San Francisco hasn't given the 49ers a stadium after all the great history the 49ers have brought to the city. I have too much stuff that says SF for them to move out of the bay area.

San Francisco doesn't believe in subsidizing a private company like the 49ers even though it adds to the tax base not only in attendance, but in terms of tourists attracted to San Francisco by the magnificent blimp shots seen on national broadcasts. Not to mention the teams contribution to civic pride.

Nah, San Francisco rather tax it citizens so it can pay 1 in 3 city employees an average of $100,000.

Although the Niners only contribute $1.4 million to SF Park and Recreation and $2.4 million to the General Fund, a new stadium would result in $300 million for a near guaranteed SB.

I'm sure it'd also have ancillary contribution of increased property value if the stadium was built on the old Hunters Point shipyard.

Oh well San Fransisco maybe liberal but it sure isn't progressive. I'm looking forward to those shots of beautiful downtown Santa Clara and the Great America Theme Park.
  • yahhright
  • Info N/A
anyone know how to get SF local cable channels down here in the OC. I have had Direct TV and the Sunday Ticket for 5yrs now, but I wont have it this season!!! anyone know how I can get SF FOX"s channels down here?? do i need a certain antana or something like that??
Originally posted by foamingatdamouth:

San Francisco doesn't believe in subsidizing a private company like the 49ers even though it adds to the tax base not only in attendance, but in terms of tourists attracted to San Francisco by the magnificent blimp shots seen on national broadcasts. Not to mention the teams contribution to civic pride.

Nah, San Francisco rather tax it citizens so it can pay 1 in 3 city employees an average of $100,000.

Although the Niners only contribute $1.4 million to SF Park and Recreation and $2.4 million to the General Fund, a new stadium would result in $300 million for a near guaranteed SB.

I'm sure it'd also have ancillary contribution of increased property value if the stadium was built on the old Hunters Point shipyard.

Oh well San Fransisco maybe liberal but it sure isn't progressive. I'm looking forward to those shots of beautiful downtown Santa Clara and the Great America Theme Park.

LOL The NFL is a billion dollar business. They in NO WAY need a hand out. They can build their own stadiums without a public subsidy. Its a joke how these crooks... er I mean owners play city against city to see who they can get the most money out of. I hope the 49ers stay in the bay area but without stealing tax money. Name me one other billion dollar business that would ask for such a thing?
Share 49ersWebzone