There are 201 users in the forums

I might get banned for this but....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
who else that lives in LA would not mind seeing the niners move to la? I use to live in SF and moved to LA around 20 year ago, i would love nothing more than to be able to go watch the niners play on a regular basis.

My heart says no, but my mind says im all for it....

anyone else in la feel the same way.

I am so dead for this thread lololol

http://www.csnbayarea.com/05/28/10/Maiocco-York-Holding-LA-Card/landing_maiocco_v3.html?full_args=05/28/10/Maiocco-York-Holding-LA-Card/landing_maiocco_v3&blockID=243373&feedID=5936

You wont get banned but you have given these ppl who love to hate LA another opportunity to say "LA hella sucks." I've commented until my face turned blue that there's no reason to criticize the city of LA, which half the ppl here have never been, and its residence but most poster's here are brain dead zombies when it comes to hating LA.

Don't get me wrong, I would be livid if people suggested our Lakers moved to No Cal but I wouldn't hate No Cal for it or stop being a Laker fan if they did move there.[/indent]

I've been to LA many, many times - many of which I hated. That city is ugly as hell to me, it's dirty, smoggy as f*ck (I let my car sit for 2 days and it went from white to grey with a fairly thick film layering it's body) and the people there are uptight assclowns thinking they're the most important people in the world. SF has more than it's fair share of gang activity, but LA's is just ridiculous. I almost got jumped by a group of "cholos" once for refusing to remove my SF hat. These fools gave up when they realized I was willing to fight them all if that's what they were looking for.

Bottom line: F*CK L.A.

Hey dude, no one asked you to go to the hood. I would try to avoid the bad areas if I went to the bay area. I'm not sure some of the gang areas in the bay are any better than those in LA. And the smog thing is a gross exaggeration. I'm not even sure how u got around LA with your car sitting for two days.

Bottom line: I'm sure I can go to the mean streets of oakland and say the bay area sucks, but I know better.

1. I didn't ask to go to the hood, either, but half that city IS the hood so it's hard to avoid. That particular incident actually took place at an upscale restaurant I was at with my cousin, whom I was visiting at the time.

2. The smog thing is no exaggeration, sorry. I got around with the car sitting for two days because I was with my cousin. He has a car, it's his city, not mine, he drove. When he visits me, we take my car and I drive him around my area.

3. F*CK Oakland. That place is a g*ddamn disgrace and is worse than L.A., in my opinion. That doesn't make L.A. any better of a place, the people any more tolerable or the majority of the city any nicer. There are places in the world that make Oakland look like Disneyland, but that doesn't mean Oakland isn't a sh*thole.

I don't think ill of all of southern California. There are plenty of nice towns & cities down there, including San Diego. Los Angeles is not one of them.

I'm not denying it gets smoggy in LA. That's one of the many things LA is known for. I'm just saying I have never heard of a car getting dirty in two days from smog alone in all my years here. I've washed my car plenty of times and that has never happened. But if it happened to you it happened.

The LA area is huge. There is a lot of hood and there are a lot of nice areas. The area where the proposed stadium is being built is not in the hood at all. It's more toward Orange County where there isn't much hood at all. You just have to explore a little more. A lot of people like to go the LA area therefore you get those who are prosperous and the people who are liabilities. I currently live in San Diego for school and I'd take LA over San Diego any day of the week although I like San Diego too.

Also I think it's a crock when people say the people are intolerable or think their sh*t doesn't stink in LA. I hear people say the same thing about San Francisco yet I've never gone to San Francisco or any part of Cali and had a hard time meeting cool people. I think people just find what they are looking for.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on May 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM ]
well, for the sake of argument, the LA49ers would be one of if not the biggest football team in the NFL with this move. Right there with Dallas and the NY teams which I think we was there with them a while back but have fell off. I for one am from Ohio so I'd root for them regardless of where they move to. Its becoming more likely that they wont get a stadium in the Bay Area.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
well, for the sake of argument, the LA49ers would be one of if not the biggest football team in the NFL with this move. Right there with Dallas and the NY teams which I think we was there with them a while back but have fell off. I for one am from Ohio so I'd root for them regardless of where they move to. Its becoming more likely that they wont get a stadium in the Bay Area.

Don't worry, I don't see any chance of them leaving the bay. LA is no more than a bargaining chip for the Yorks. Hopefully we'll get the Jaqs or somebody down here to shut up the 9ers-to-LA talk.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I don't live in the Bay Area, I live in Florida. I've never been to a Niners home game in San Fran but I would be devastated if they left the Bay Area. The 49ers and San Francisco are one in the same to everyone who cares about football (even if they don't consciously realize it) and even non-sports fans. The team needs to stay.
Originally posted by Antix:
I don't live in the Bay Area, I live in Florida. I've never been to a Niners home game in San Fran but I would be devastated if they left the Bay Area. The 49ers and San Francisco are one in the same to everyone who cares about football (even if they don't consciously realize it) and even non-sports fans. The team needs to stay.

Tru Dat
Originally posted by WildBill:
No No No No No in every language, I was born in SF, raised in Hawaii, lived in LA, before moving back to Hawaii, niners for me would not be the niners if they moved to LA.

All those fueds I had with the LA fans when the lamb chops were there would be mute and they would now laugh at us cause they now have our team. All those moments when we trashed talked and I walked into work with the trump card. I would not be able to face them without

If they have to move let it be anywhere but there! That is how much I hate LA when it comes to sports-by the way, I hate the Lakers big time too and would tather see the Celtics win it all. Get the idea?

HEY! Watch your mouth. Comments like that are too vulgar even for a message board.

you rather see boston win it all? you DESERVE to get banned more than i do

Why? Cause they are a Calif. team I am supposed to root for them?
Two things bud-I don't live in Calif. and second north vs south takes front seat over Calif love. Don't like the dodgers, don't like lakers, but sympathy for the clippers.

Now back to the original topic.....nien nien nien nien, nyet nyet nyet, ie ie ie ie, bu shr bu shr bu shr.
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
No No No No No in every language, I was born in SF, raised in Hawaii, lived in LA, before moving back to Hawaii, niners for me would not be the niners if they moved to LA.

All those fueds I had with the LA fans when the lamb chops were there would be mute and they would now laugh at us cause they now have our team. All those moments when we trashed talked and I walked into work with the trump card. I would not be able to face them without

If they have to move let it be anywhere but there! That is how much I hate LA when it comes to sports-by the way, I hate the Lakers big time too and would tather see the Celtics win it all. Get the idea?

HEY! Watch your mouth. Comments like that are too vulgar even for a message board.

you rather see boston win it all? you DESERVE to get banned more than i do

I rather see the Celtics win it...IF they are playin' the Lakers. The point is, f**k LA and the teams from LA because we don't like LA up here in Bay Area, and it's pretty obvious that many bay area fans will be rooting for Celtics.

Lakers are like the Cowgirls...Dodgers are like the Cowgirls...and if Niners go to LA, they better leave the name and the championships here, because they will be like the Cowgirls!
Just because you hate la for no apparent reason doesnt mean the yorks will listen to you or anyone's opinions, the point is, whatever the 49ers are going to do is up to the yorks...stop dissing LA for no reason..damn its annoying.

Yes you're right, it is up to the yorks, but the question posed by the originator was asking our opinion and we are voicing it. You may not like it but, that is what sports rivalry is, if you think this is bad, you go talk to red sox fans about yankees.

That's pretty much where I'm coming from. I've always been in to the Norcal-Socal rivalry in a sports sense. From Giants-Dodgers to Warriors-Lakers/Clippers to Sharks-Ducks and back in the day Niners-Rams. If my Niners moved to the Southland then they no longer represent my home area and it would tear my heart out and I would no longer be able to support them.

GO CELTICS !
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

That's pretty much where I'm coming from. I've always been in to the Norcal-Socal rivalry in a sports sense. From Giants-Dodgers to Warriors-Lakers/Clippers to Sharks-Ducks and back in the day Niners-Rams. If my Niners moved to the Southland then they no longer represent my home area and it would tear my heart out and I would no longer be able to support them.

GO CELTICS !

how did this turn into a laker/boston thread? btw..revenge is a b***h, cant wait to see another parade in LA :)
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for LAFortyNinerfan.

GO CELTICS !

how did this turn into a laker/boston thread? btw..revenge is a b***h, cant wait to see another parade in LA :)
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on May 31, 2010 at 11:04 PM ]

GO CELTICS !

i live in the central valley pretty much equal distance from SF and LA..it would kill me for the 49ers to move to LA because the 49ers just fit SF..its to hard to explain but to me they just wouldn't have the same appeal in LA..there's my take

p.s. i don't hate LA because i'm a die-hard lakers fan..GO LAKESHOW!!
L.A. sucks. I lived there for six months and it was god awful. The 49ers belong in SF. If they moved to LA, they'd no longer be the 49ers regardless of whether they kept that name or not.

Being from San Francisco is a large contributor to why I like the team, regardless of the fact that I live in NJ. Being a fan brought me to bay area 4 times in the last 7 years and it got me to fall in love with the place.

If they moved to L.A. it would crush me and I'd wander the NFL landscape teamless.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

This.

I'd say it's more likely than not that, within 4 years, we'll be talking about the Los Angeles 49ers.

Hey, look on the bright side, maybe we can see some of them on "Modern Family" like they did with Kobe.
ban this fool
Share 49ersWebzone